Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2001 12:35:48 PM EDT
Any one else have any experience with these magazines?
Does anyone know if they have a web site?

The last gun show I went to I bought some used American Survival Guide magazines, mostly from 1995-1996, because they had some specific articles in them.
Now after completely reading all of the mags I think I might want to subscribe and get them monthly.
What do you think?
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have issues of ASG that go back about 5 years. Up until about 1998 they were heavy into the gun articles but after that until the end of ASG in October they completely stopped all firearms related stories. ASG is  now Self Reliance Journal and they seem to be back on track as they have been running the gun stuff again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I subscribe to that magazine.  I like the survival stuff in it.  Imbrog|io is right, they were pretty heavy into firearms at one time, but you can get that info in more specific firearms magazines.  Now they don't report quite as much on guns anymore.  Now they write how to survive winter snows, desert heat etc.  I like it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I stopped my subscription after a couple of years cause they seem to repeat themselves every couple of years, same stories.
Then I would pick it time and again until that y2k thing hit and they made me sick with every article about  y2k and why mre`s should cost 25 bucks a meal.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Thug. I`m gonna get lost there for a while.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the information. I didn't know they changed names and appearently themes. I think I'll hold off on the magazine for now.
Govtthug- Thanks for the link, I'll be spending some time there real soon. Also, thanks for the specific manuals, I'll check them first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top