Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/5/2003 8:29:18 PM EDT
Speak amongst yourselves. I am tired and going to sleep.

Lock your doors; you never know when a Rogue Cop may come a calling...

G'nite.

Edited due to a fatigue induced and embarrasing misspelling.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What the hell is a Rouge cop?
One that wears too much makeup?
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
[chainsawkill][ROFL2][nana]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lock your doors; you never know when a Rouge Cop may come a calling...

G'nite.
View Quote

Like Lon Horiuchi?
Or the entire BATF team at Waco?
Or how about that FBI agent who shot a Boy Scout in the face?
Or the infamous Mr. Hoover?
Or any one of the other thousands of cops who have broken the law just to get a collar?
Yes, I do worry about those guys, just like I worry about the other criminals who don't wear a badge.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

G'nite.
View Quote

Like Lon Horiuchi?
Or any one of the other thousands of cops who have broken the law just to get a collar?
Yes, I do worry about those guys, just like I worry about the other criminals who don't wear a badge.
View Quote

word.

I'm thinking about going into law enforcement, but I still don't subscribe to this whole, "You can't critisize cops," thing. Like mentioned above, there are simply too many instances of cops abusing their title.

OTOH, I sorta would like to start enforceing every traffic law on the books. Going 6 mph over the speed limit? YOU GET A TICKET! Make the citizens lives as inconvenient as possible. Maybe then these people will wake up and acctually take some action to get these stupid laws off the books.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Obviously none of you people have ever worked in Law Enforcement, Someone has to protect the citizens. I understand that you people dont like Police, but you will love them when you call 911.
Go on a ride along if you can and see what Officers do and see on an average night.
Before the question arises, Yes i am a Police Officer as well as a S.W.A.T. team member and have been for 6 years.
Well my parting thought would be "If you dont like us or dont need us, Dont call 911 and obey the laws of your area".
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Obviously none of you people have ever worked in Law Enforcement, Someone has to protect the citizens. I understand that you people dont like Police, but you will love them when you call 911.
Go on a ride along if you can and see what Officers do and see on an average night.
Before the question arises, Yes i am a Police Officer as well as a S.W.A.T. team member and have been for 6 years.
Well my parting thought would be "If you dont like us or dont need us, Dont call 911 and obey the laws of your area".
View Quote

So, which citizen do you protect? Are you there 24/7 for that citizen?
Do you ever leave that citizen alone for a second?
What a fuckin' joke.
The cops don't have an obligation to protect the citizen, only the community as a whole, and even then, it's not protection, it's reaction.
I alone am responsible vfor my safety, an that of my family.
911 is a joke in a real life threatening situation.
What is your average response time? Less than a second? Even if it were, it would be too slow in some cases.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude,  You must be a real winner at parties.  Good night all.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I know what you LEOs do is hard work.

But I'll take care of myself and loved ones by myself.  

If you keep your mouth shut so will I.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, but my party days ended years ago.
I don't care what people think, and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion.
It has been upheld by the courts that the cops have no responsibility to protect the single citizen, but the community as a whole.
That means that they are REACTIVE, not PROACTIVE.
Police do not keep crimes from happening, they follow up after a crime has been committed.
Ever see a cop stop a driver JUST BEFORE they speed? Nope.
How about stop a criminal before a crime is committed? Nope.
They have stopped crimes IN PROGRESS, but they are only able to RESPOND.

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I called 911, said they'd be right over, nobody showed up.
I took care of the situation myself, and so being it never happened. End of story.
I'm glad they didn't show up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It has been upheld by the courts that the cops have no responsibility to protect the single citizen, but the community as a whole.
Police do not keep crimes from happening, they follow up after a crime has been committed.

View Quote

This is the dumbest shit you've typed all week. You truly have no clue.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I’m a police officer. I see I am not providing the service I should be.You have told me what our problems are. Tell me how you would handle it differently?

Would you pull people over at random, violate their 4th amendment right to search and seizure because they may commit a crime in the future? (That would fit into the whole stopping a criminal before a crime is committed.) By the way, they aren’t criminals until the commit a CRIME, hence the label criminal.

We do stop crimes before they happen. You don’t always hear about them because the crimes do not happen. We do protect individual citizens. We are not perfect. People do become victims. If my job called for me to only be reactive, I would sit on my ass in the house all day and wait for the phone to ring.

I respect the fact you’re not afraid to voice your opinion. You have given us some examples of law enforcement actions that have ended in tragedy. Can you tell us some incidents of how you have been directly affected by police abuse? Was it harassment? Physical abuse?  False arrest? If it happened to someone else would it just be PROACTIVE Law Enforcement?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
HYDGUY, you are a joke and you have not a clue. You probably got a ticket and are still pissed about it. Whenthe time comes that you need the police, You will call. People like you always do.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I disagree.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah it had been too quiet for the past several weeks if not longer since we had a week or two of the whole anti cop topics.  

Guess it's about time again....

YAWN....
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]
As long as the police break down doors serving no-knock warrants in the war-on-drugs cause -- sometimes at the wrong home, sometimes killing innocent people (and little children) -- there will be folks who learn to hate these agents of tyranny.  So much good done by many fine officers is undone by so few (but heavily reported) awful crimes.  The ubiquitious department wide backside covering, aka blue wall of silence, does nothing to inspire confidence that the profession has freedom and the protection of society at heart.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[red]As long as the police break down doors serving no-knock warrants in the war-on-drugs cause[/red] -- sometimes at the wrong home, sometimes killing innocent people (and little children) -- there will be folks who learn to hate these [red]agents of tyranny[/red].  So much good done by many fine officers is undone by so few (but heavily reported) awful crimes.  The ubiquitious department wide backside covering, aka blue wall of silence, does nothing to inspire confidence that the profession has freedom and the protection of society at heart.

View Quote

Damn I guess the guys in Blue forgot to tell them they were coming.
I bet if they had called, the drug dealers would have had the coffee and doughnuts ready!![:E]
or how about this one, knock on the door and say, Police we know you have drugs, we have a search warrant, and if you wouldn't mind please do not pick up your AK47, 12 gauge shot gun, or mac10's our undercover officers whom have bought drugs here before have spotted your weapons hidden in the corner, lying on the coffee table or saw you with them.
Just be nice and come outside so we can arrest you. [rolleyes]
That line works everytime!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I appreciate all public servants:

-Police
-EMS
-Fire

I even appreciate Animal Control and City Code Enforcement.

99% of those above really CARE about the public's well being.  And its one hell of a tough way to make a living.  They sacrifice a lot to serve their communities.  Its commonplace to miss holidays and special family events for these wonderful people.

To all the public servants - thank you for busting your ass for the common joe citizen and the betterment of the community - YOUR community - OUR community.

View Quote

Ditto 82nd
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:06:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Someone has to protect the citizens.
View Quote

That's a joke, right?

I respect the honest hard working cop, but let's be realistic, cops can do very little to protect citizens.  They provide a certian degree of deterrence, pick up the pieces after the fact and sometimes find themselves in the right place at the right time to foil a crime.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:09:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a joke, right?

I respect the honest hard working cop, but let's be realistic, cops can do very little to protect citizens.  They provide a certian degree of deterrence, pick up the pieces after the fact and sometimes find themselves in the right place at the right time to foil a crime.

Eddie
View Quote

word.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:11:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

word.
View Quote

Yo yo yo yo yo!  Wacha on MTV or sumtin' blood?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

word.
View Quote

I thought you wanted to go into Law Enforcement?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

word.
View Quote

View Quote

I do. However, I'm not going to trick myself into believing that as a peace officer I will be able to directly protect citizens from bad guys while in their own home, etc, etc.

Cops don't protect people by showing up as someone is breaking into your house and shooting it out with the intruder. Instead, they protect society as a whole by catching these people after the fact and making sure that they can't do it again. Of course, there are exceptions.

Let's face it, if cops really could protect us at the time of a crime happening, the gun grabbers would be right about just calling 911 instead of owning a gun.

[Edit: Also, I don't agree with calling it law enforcement, at least, not in the strictest sence of the word. I don't intend to start putting Jews in ovens reguardless of what the law says. After reading some replies here, I'm not so sure that others feel the same way.]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

word.
View Quote

View Quote

Must have failed the language part of the test.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

word.
View Quote

View Quote

Must have failed the language part of the test.
View Quote

[:D] No, not yet at least. From what I gather, there are two schools of thought that the thinking man can belong to as pertains to language and proper word usage. One can speak as if one belongs to the upper echelons of society and attempt to humble and impress mere peasants, or, one can speak as the common man speaks and thus enjoy a discussion based on ideas and not mere language. In the latter, you will note, "slang" terms are not looked down upon. As such, the saying, "word," as I used it, is, indeed, a slang term.

Quoted from dictionary.com:
interj.
Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with [i]up[/i].
View Quote

word up?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

word.
View Quote

View Quote

I do. However, I'm not going to trick myself into believing that as a peace officer I will be able to directly protect citizens from bad guys while in their own home, etc, etc.

Cops don't protect people by showing up as someone is breaking into your house and shooting it out with the intruder. Instead, they protect society as a whole by catching these people after the fact and making sure that they can't do it again. Of course, there are exceptions.

Let's face it, if cops really could protect us at the time of a crime happening, the gun grabbers would be right about just calling 911 instead of owning a gun.

[Edit: Also, I don't agree with calling it law enforcement, at least, not in the strictest sence of the word. I don't intend to start putting Jews in ovens regardless of what the law says. After reading some replies here, I'm not so sure that others feel the same way.]
View Quote

Stay home don't go out in the real word you will never make it.
No-one said you have to go into the public's home and protect them.
If you think Law Enforcement is only about writing speeding tickets and trivial shit, then don't even apply you will be disappointed.
No-one seems to understand the concept except for LEO, they think it is just eating doughnuts, drinking coffee, playing with the flashy lighty things and the big sireeen, Oh and ever now and then harassing the local kids.
Some of the public believes the LEO'S just set on their ass in the car and wait on a call. You have no idea what is really going on or the efforts of 99% of these guys put forth.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:49:18 AM EDT
[#29]
or, one can speak as the common man speaks...
View Quote

The "common man" uses proper English.  

Idiots use "word up".
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
or, one can speak as the common man speaks...
View Quote

Idiots use "word up".
View Quote

Does that mean look upward for reading purposes? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I was a cop in Wash.D.C. during most of the 1970's.

After spending some years in uniform I went on the "Old Cloths Tac Squad".  We were a stake out unit trying to stop some of the muggings in the inner city.

Retired people would go to the bank at the first of the month to cash their social security checks.  On the way home they would get mugged.  

We prevented alot of these.  Made numerous arrests during the actual mugging.  Made me feel good about what I was doing.

Speeding tickets?  If I knew that I would never get a ticket for speeding I'd be driving even more like a fool.

It's just a fact that there aren't enough police to stop all crime, they can't be everywhere.  

We don't want one "assigned" to guard our house.  We don't want one to follow us around like a body guard just in case we get in trouble.

Most of the officers I worked with all had good hearts and really tried to walk the line.  But they are human like the rest of us.  

We hold police to a higher standard.  When we see one abuse his authority it really pisses us off.  But that's the exception not the rule.  

With the way the courts are, it's hard to put yourself in harms way and then see a "purp" (slang), get out on bail, while you are still trying to finish your paperwork after having you uniform torn and a fat lip from making the arrest.

It's hard to remain calm after you look into a young girls eyes after she's been raped.  And to see the Judge give the assilant a few months in jail while this young girl will live with this the rest of her life.

When I was a cop I felt that the criminals hated us and the general population didn't care much for us either.  The only one who appreciated us was our families and fellow officers.

Now, since I've walked in their shoes, I appreciate what they have to put up with on a daily basis.  

But still get pissed when I'm talked to like a dog for going through a red light. Even though I could have caused a wreck and injured or killed someone or myself.

But....(slang) my bad. [8D]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Obviously none of you people have ever worked in Law Enforcement, Someone has to protect the citizens.
View Quote

Well it's not the police that have to, ask the courts in the DPRC, or in D.C. or the US supreme court. The only citizens that want police protection are those that can't or don't want to protect themselves. I don't say this as a bash on LEOs I say it because it is true.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[red]As long as the police break down doors serving no-knock warrants in the war-on-drugs cause[/red] -- sometimes at the wrong home, sometimes killing innocent people (and little children) -- there will be folks who learn to hate these [red]agents of tyranny[/red].  So much good done by many fine officers is undone by so few (but heavily reported) awful crimes.  The ubiquitious department wide backside covering, aka blue wall of silence, does nothing to inspire confidence that the profession has freedom and the protection of society at heart.

View Quote

I bet if they had called, the drug dealers would have had the coffee and doughnuts ready!![:E]
or how about this one, knock on the door and say, Police we know you have drugs, we have a search warrant, and if you wouldn't mind please do not pick up your AK47, 12 gauge shot gun, or mac10's our undercover officers whom have bought drugs here before have spotted your weapons hidden in the corner, lying on the coffee table or saw you with them.
View Quote

well lets see,you are assuming the person you are serving the warrant on is guilty,  our constitution is set up to protect the people from the government from bashing in our doors, but the police hide behind the rationale that its  ok  to do it to a drug dealer. now i believe all drug dealers should be drawn and quarterd, but there is too many instances of the wrong house, bad info from an "informant" and innocent people getting hurt. there needs to be more control of the cops. sometimes they think they are better than  the civilains they "protect"
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like the time my stepdaughter was grabbed from my wife because a corrupt judge ordered it?

Ahhhh.....the "only following orders" thing again.

And "seat belts"......it's all about the "revenue"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

It's OK to not wear a helmet on a motorcycle in some states, but it's a "CRIME" not to wear a seatbelt?

"REVENUE"....."$$$$$$$$$$$".........and the GESTAPO to make it work!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#35]
[b]Obviously none of you people have ever worked in Law Enforcement, Someone has to protect the citizens.[/b]

this "citizen" has not needed the protection of law enforcement in his 50 years on the planet.

[b]I understand that you people dont like Police,[/b]

wrong. i admire and am friends with several leo's. i respect them.

[b]but you will love them when you call 911.[/b]

there is no 911 where i live. however, when i dial 1911 there are no connect charges.

i do not rely on that which isn't there to rely on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I need the Police to protect me when I am not on my property.  You see, Illinois, with the assistance of the State Police, and the city of Chicago has denied me the means of protecting myself.

I COULD handle threats to my life and property, and spare a bankrupt state the expense of giving a trial to a thug.  But NO!

There are good officers and there are bad officers.  I know several good officers.  I have even gotten pulled over by good officers for traffic violations.  I always pay my velocity tax.  

I do have a clue as to why police are not as well liked as fire and medical authorities though.  The answer is pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#37]
cops suck! I can't support an agent of a corrupt government. As long as cops abuse their authority and ignore The Constitution and Bill of Rights, I can't support them. "It's my job" or "I'm just following orders" is BS. Every experience I have had with law enforcement has been bad. "To protect and Serve" should be replaced with "To Harass and Subjugate".  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
cops suck! I can't support an agent of a corrupt government. As long as cops abuse their authority and ignore The Constitution and Bill of Rights, I can't support them. "It's my job" or "I'm just following orders" is BS. Every experience I have had with law enforcement has been bad. "To protect and Serve" should be replaced with "To Harass and Subjugate".  
View Quote

um, where you married to or date a female leo??or one too many body cavity searches with out a kiss??
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

word.
View Quote

View Quote

[Edit: Also, I don't agree with calling it law enforcement, at least, not in the strictest sence of the word. I don't intend to start putting Jews in ovens regardless of what the law says. After reading some replies here, I'm not so sure that others feel the same way.]
View Quote

Stay home don't go out in the real word you will never make it.
No-one said you have to go into the public's home and protect them.
If you think Law Enforcement is only about writing speeding tickets and trivial shit, then don't even apply you will be disappointed.
No-one seems to understand the concept except for LEO, they think it is just eating doughnuts, drinking coffee, playing with the flashy lighty things and the big sireeen, Oh and ever now and then harassing the local kids.
Some of the public believes the LEO'S just set on their ass in the car and wait on a call. You have no idea what is really going on or the efforts of 99% of these guys put forth.
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, why, based on what I said, did you say all of that?

And what, specifically, would make you think that I won't make it in the real world? Was it because I said cops can't protect us? If anything, I would think that people who have a false sence of security as to cops babysitting them would be the ones in for a rude awakening in "the real world."
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#41]
This is a pretty good dirt clod fight going on here. Some people with attitudes about cops and some cops with attitudes about those who distrust or dislike cops.

Right now I am sitting here about 75 feet from a hundred or so cops -- including detectives and uniformed officers. Many are good decent people who I enjoy working with. And some are assholes who I do NOT enjoy working with. Some have gone the extra mile to solve crimes and promote good in the community. And some have beat their wives and set-up teenagers on an un-Constitutional sting to show how big and bad they were. Some respect my right and desire to protect my family (because they know that they cannot provide that service), and others think I should not have that right because it supposedly makes a more dangerous world for THEM (notice how they don't care if it's dangerous for not for ME). So you have the usual culprits here. You have the US and THEM dynamic going on ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE. And you have the fact that cops are people just like everyone else -- some good, and some NOT so good.

I'm really on NO ONE SIDE here. Not ALL cops suck. SOME cops suck. And not all non-LEO's suck, just SOME do. For all of those cops and non-cops out there that "suck", pull my finger will ya? [;)]

Edited to add:

Forgot to mention the fact that LEO's are held to a higher standard then the rest of us. AND THEY SHOULD BE! If you are supposedly there to "protect and serve" then by God if you are dipping your hand in the cookie jar, or some other activity that would result in jail time for the rest of us -- you should be punished TWICE as much. Us regular citizens are counting of you ABOVE ALL to uphold and obey the laws that we are subject to. There is NOTHING that I hate worse than a crooked cop, DA or judge (not even a common criminal). If you are one of the many good ones who endeavors to make your community a better, safer place -- then I salute you! If you are one who is more interested in bullying and hiding being your badge, then I "fart in your general direction". Likewise with citizens...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

G'nite.
View Quote

Like Lon Horiuchi?
View Quote

Nothing I can add to this. Perfectly accurate and says it all.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Drunken onduty cop backs into private vehicle and damages rear quarter panel.  Ask cop;" what are you going to do?"  Cop gets in squad car makes "officer assist" call and the owner of the damaged car ends up in jail.  Cost to car owner for phoney charges made up to protect cop is about $1,000.00 for lawyer and expungment.  Years later cop is in penitentuary on federal drug charges.  I like the cops I know personally but I don't know that many I would trust to be honest when it is "them against us".
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

well lets see,you are assuming the person you are serving the warrant on is guilty,  our constitution is set up to protect the people from the government from bashing in our doors, but the police hide behind the rationale that its  ok  to do it to a drug dealer. now i believe all drug dealers should be drawn and quarterd, but there is too many instances of the wrong house, bad info from an "informant" and innocent people getting hurt. there needs to be more control of the cops. sometimes they think they are better than  the civilains they "protect"
View Quote

Tequilabob

I am not saying there have not been false arrests or searches performed especially info taken from an informant. I used the example of an undercover Officer who bought drugs in the house, building, apartment, etc.
I have been on several traffic stops were the information was bogus and it generally turned out to be a jealous lover, spouse, or hell a friend whom felt be-friended and made the call to the Police giving the info of possible drugs, drunk driving, stolen merchandise just to name a few. The only thing those type of calls do is tie up the LEO'S time as well as the person who was stopped.
When an undercover Officer does purchase drugs or anything illegal from an individual in a dwelling that warrants the cause for search and arrest warrants, then they have every right to kick in doors, break out windows, put subjects on the ground, and yes use deadly force to secure the Officers safety and then execute the warrants.
That is my opinion on the post in which kicking down doors was mentioned and my support for the Law Enforcement Officers.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m a police officer. I see I am not providing the service I should be.You have told me what our problems are. Tell me how you would handle it differently?
View Quote

My problems do not concern you.
The only law that I knowling break are the speed limit laws.

Would you pull people over at random, violate their 4th amendment right to search and seizure because they may commit a crime in the future? (That would fit into the whole stopping a criminal before a crime is committed.) By the way, they aren’t criminals until the commit a CRIME, hence the label criminal.
View Quote

Duh... that is why cops are supposed to beREACTIVE.
In theory, if you don't break the law, the cop doesn't for the most part mess with you.
But as we have seen, the police are more than willing to step over the rights to make the collar.
Why do you think that we now have the Miranda Rights?

We do stop crimes before they happen. You don’t always hear about them because the crimes do not happen. We do protect individual citizens. We are not perfect. People do become victims. If my job called for me to only be reactive, I would sit on my ass in the house all day and wait for the phone to ring.
View Quote

Name a crime that you kept from happening.
You may have kept one from ESCLATING, but if you were there, something has already happened.
Even an arguement can be considered DV.
Yes, people become victims, but that will always happen.
People are responsible for their own safety.

I respect the fact you’re not afraid to voice your opinion. You have given us some examples of law enforcement actions that have ended in tragedy. Can you tell us some incidents of how you have been directly affected by police abuse? Was it harassment? Physical abuse?  False arrest? If it happened to someone else would it just be PROACTIVE Law Enforcement?
View Quote

What the hell is PROACTIVE Law Enforcement?
The thing from that Tom Cruise movie?
How can you arrest someone, or ticket them without them breaking the law?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Be specific.
What part do I have no clue about?
The part that cops have no obligation to protect the singel citizen?
Or the reactive nature of cops?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You truly are a fool. I guess crime just goes down on it's own(as it has nationwide for the past ten years), not when new policing styles and trends have wide spread success such as community based policing, COMSTAT and increased Fed grants for other police initiatives(read that crimes that didn't happen = CRIMES PREVENTED.)

I've made the mistake of wasting my time proving jerks like you wrong before, keep yapping away about how cops are historians blah blah blah, it's old, tired and standard fare for ignorant cop bashers like yourelf who have not a clue how a LE agency works. If you think you do, your wrong.

G'nite dopey.

IBTL
View Quote

Your post makes no sense.
I agree that new developments have allowed cops do do a better job of catching criminals, but just because you have some good cops doesn't mean that you don't have bad ones.
And crime drops can also be correlated to the presence of armed citizens (in the form of shall issue CCW), in addition to increased police presence.
You automatically ASSume that I hate all cops, and you are wrong.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
HYDGUY, you are a joke and you have not a clue. You probably got a ticket and are still pissed about it. Whenthe time comes that you need the police, You will call. People like you always do.
View Quote

You're right, I will call the police if the need arises.
But if someone breaks into my house, the call won't be about a burgler, it will be about a dead body.
And according to some of the statements here, I shouldn't have to worry about that because you guys are proactive, and have already caught the guy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I look at it this way...

I have a few good friends that are LEO's. I came close a few times and thought about a possible career in LE.

This is what kept stopping me:

They're out-gunned by just about everyone.

Their hands are tied by liberal judges and the crybaby public in general.

Parents need to take responsibility for their own delinquent, rude, gang-banging kids. (If it was up to me I'd declare open war on gangs  and drug dealers and shoot to kill).

I don't have the patience by far to deal with what they do on a regular basis.

Until you can do better, you may want to cut them a little more slack.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Speak amongst yourselves. I am tired and going to sleep.

Lock your doors; you never know when a Rogue Cop may come a calling...

G'nite.

Edited due to a fatigue induced and embarrasing misspelling.
View Quote

I bow down five0, what a masterpiece!! This is THE first cop-bash thread I've seen started by a cop!!!

You other cops did a wonderful job too!! [:D]

Guys, let me clue you in, you've been had! Did you notice the time this was posted?? Know what happened??

Last night, about midnight, the cops are over in their lounge, playin' pool, sucking up a few, when one pipes up; "Hey!! Lets go down to  the GD, and mess with the civilians!!". The dumb cop says "Well, how we gonna get 'em all in one sweep??" Smart cop says "We start a cop-bashing thread, those numbnuts will all pile on!!!" We'll just sit here and giggle, once in a while we'll send one of us out to stir the pot."

So take note, this thread was started by a cop at 00:29 hours. That's 12:30 AM for all you numbnuts'z...[:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top