Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2003 5:46:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I seriously can't believe a Wyoming resident would ask that question, store policy or not.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to know why they asked but forgot.  At my wal-mart you have to pay for ammo at the sporting goods counter.  Once they get to know you they don't ask you anymore, however it always comes up on the cash register.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
ALWAYS tell them it's for a machinegun.

Blows their minds, every time.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Retards asked me if I was of age over a rated R DVD. WTF I'm 50 .
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#5]
In Iowa there is a law against selling handgun ammo to anyone under 21 years old.

So all my pistol ammo is for my carbines [rolleyes]

Im 19 now, even when Im 25 years old, and they ask if the 9MM ammo Im buying for my handgun is for a handgun or a long gun, Im still going to say long gun. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Just bought a box of 22's Saturday. She put in that it was for a pistol and the register then asks if Purchaser is over 21.
I'm in central WV so of course the clerk thought the whole thing was ignorant and didn't even ask me the questions. She just put in pistol (which was right) and as far as age I'm 37 so she didn't ask.

I asked another woman a while back "Whats the difference" She said "I just have to push a different button" I kinda got a kick out of that.

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I said 'both' once at a gun store, I was just being serious, it was after I paid for the ammo, he was just being curious. Even there I got a funny look. He asked if I just swap the magazines....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top