Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2015 5:01:23 PM EDT
Is this just a way for liberals to explain away bad behavior and enable it? People yelling to each other in library, "oh that's just their culture". Discuss
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Where?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where?
View Quote

Their.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
In.

3 Warnings, 2 timeouts, and a ban.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It's condescending on the part of the SJWs and Lefties to say that. Think about it... Some rich white person says essentially "you can't help it. The system is stacked against you! You can't rise above this, it's too hard. Here, take some free money and healthcare. Oh, and don't forget to vote Democrat in the next elections!"

Why more people don't understand that is beyond me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
"their" culture is usually code for ignorant and disrespectful behaviors.  When a black says they are "acting white", what they are saying is that they are acting respectfully.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm triggered already.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm posting in a troll thread, it's my culture.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's condescending on the part of the SJWs and Lefties to say that. Think about it... Some rich white person says essentially "you can't help it. The system is stacked against you! You can't rise above this, it's too hard. Here, take some free money and healthcare. Oh, and don't forget to vote Democrat in the next elections!"

View Quote

Many traded one form of slavery for another.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
This is a new topic.  I don't think it's been done before.  Not like both sides do the same thing, anyway.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm just here for the warnings and bans.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The left does not want to right social injustices, nor do they want to
help folks, they want to assuage their guilt over the plight of others.

Once seen in that context, what they do makes sense.

To say, "That is just their culture," is a way to side step the issue of poor and rude behavior, which if forced to confront, would only lead to more guilty feelings.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Its their "lack" of culture!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is this just a way for liberals to explain away bad behavior and enable it? People yelling to each other in library, "oh that's just their culture". Discuss
View Quote

No...its a way for liberals to be subtly racist.

Its basically saying "WOGs gonna' WOG" without saying it directly.

Its like liberals who will tell you, "I don't want to take away YOUR gun." What they are saying is "You are basically like me, and so I trust you. Its the brown, black and yellow people I don't trust. But you're OK."
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#15]
They know they're acting like animals, want to say they're acting like animals, but their white guilt prevents them from doing so.

Fuck all parties involved.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well when you've spent you're entire life being taught that everything that is wrong in your life is someone else's fault..... You're ability and inclination to take responsibility for your actions and behavior is a alien to you as a fish is walking on land.

When you've been taught for your entire life that person (A) is a perpetual victim, the idea that person (A) should be held to the same standard as someone who isn't a victim, you get a liberal who thinks that anyone who is successful in life doesn't deserve that success.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Excuses are like assholes, and now cultures/identities.  Everyone's got one and they all stink.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Among a large class, there seemed to be a dependence upon the government for every conceivable thing. The members of this class had little ambition to create a position for themselves, but wanted the federal officials to create one for them. How many times I wished then and have often wished since, that by some power of magic, I might remove the great bulk of these people into the country districts and plant them upon the soil – upon the solid and never deceptive foundation of Mother Nature, where all nations and races that have ever succeeded have gotten their start – a start that at first may be slow and toilsome, but one that nevertheless is real.”
? Booker T. Washington, Up from Slavery
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#19]
triggered!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its like liberals who will tell you, "I don't want to take away YOUR gun." What they are saying is "You are basically like me, and so I trust you. Its the brown, black and yellow people I don't trust. But you're OK."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it isn't.  We had a very interesting thread here the other week about how cultural designations are not racist because, although prominently a specific race, cultures can be inclusive of different kinds of people.

Search "youths", goblins and "rich and vibrant" for examples.

Remember, if you don't actually say black it doesn't mean black people.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]
My favorite is a Winston Churchill story about a British general in India.  He's at a funeral and they are getting ready to throw the wife of the deceased onto the funeral pyre "because it is tradition in our culture."  To which the General replies "Very well, but understand that in my culture, that means I will have to hang you by the neck until you are dead."
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#25]
It will be the death of this country and our culture.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Our soldiers are told to turn the other cheek when Afghanis are raping boys because it's "just their culture".  Michael Savage said that this is an example of why he says "diversity" is a code word for "perversity".  You don't have to be Nostradamus to predict where this "diversity" and "culture" shit is going to lead.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I am opposed to abortion and government intervention,  and in favor of Jesus Christ, freedom, liberty, justice, personal responsibility, American exceptionalism, and firearm ownership.

Its just my culture.

How dare you question that.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The left does not want to right social injustices, nor do they want to help folks, they want to assuage their guilt over the plight of others.

Once seen in that context, what they do makes sense.

To say, "That is just their culture," is a way to side step the issue of poor and rude behavior, which if forced to confront, would only lead to more guilty feelings.

View Quote

The left wants dependency that will enable them to have total control.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

People here got butthurt about that "loud Asians in the library" girl's video.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No it isn't.  We had a very interesting thread here the other week about how cultural designations are not racist because, although prominently a specific race, cultures can be inclusive of different kinds of people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

::snicker::

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You said black twice.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Their.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where?

Their.

Wear?

Their.

Write wear there standing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Many times it is a show to piss off uptight peckerwoods. If they think acting ghetto will make you uncomfortable, they'll do it for entertainment, then get indignant if you act pissed off. It is their way of fighting white privilege.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#35]
It's conservative code for racism. By broadening the inferential distance (referring to culture, the result of human nature, rather than human nature directly) conservatives can talk about racism without explicitly admitting human nature might vary between different groups of humans.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Our soldiers are told to turn the other cheek when Afghanis are raping boys because it's "just their culture".  Michael Savage said that this is an example of why he says "diversity" is a code word for "perversity".  You don't have to be Nostradamus to predict where this "diversity" and "culture" shit is going to lead.
View Quote

Don't be judging. all cultures same-same.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Simpletons gotta simpleton.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Like everything else about LIEberals, this one's hypocritical:

You'll never see that phrase in defense of Americans and the gun culture.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Liberals explain away anything when it suits them.  Racism, misogyny, pedophilia, it's all ok when it's one of them doing it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I am a teacher, I hear it all the time to excuse bad behavior.

Fuck this whole your culture is an excuse to act like a thug, or abuse women, or kill people who draw a cartoon.

If that is the case my culture as a white male involves manifest destiny, colonialism as well as racism and blatant sexism and any attempt to tell me otherwise is cultural insensitivity.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah thats it
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You said black twice.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said black twice.  

If I say it once more into a mirror Blackieman will appear and murder me.  Or, according to the appropriate cultural designation, "Rich and Vibrant" Man will appear and prove a certain stereotype true.

But I don't actually mean black, I mean a cultural set that is almost entirely comprised of black people and is the stereotypical definition of black people.  BUT I DON'T ACTUALLY MEAN BLACK PEOPLE.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Liberal culture sucks
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I was in Houston the otherday at a mall,  there was a Muslim guy really chewing out a girl at a godiva store. One of my liberal said "whatever, it's acceptable in their culture". So I spent the rest of the day being the biggest asshole and making excuses for myself, that it was "my culture"
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fuck this whole your culture is an excuse to act like a thug, or abuse women, or kill people who draw a cartoon.

If that is the case my culture as a white male involves manifest destiny, colonialism as well as racism and blatant sexism and any attempt to tell me otherwise is cultural insensitivity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#46]
You know what my culture is? It's going raping, pillaging, raiding, plundering, and raping.

But society's moved past that, and I'll go to prison for it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It will be the death of this country and our culture.
View Quote

That's the plan.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You know what my culture is? It's going raping, pillaging, raiding, plundering, and raping.

But society's moved past that, and I'll go to prison for it.
View Quote

You said raping twice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I solve the problem by avoiding places where the culture-deficient go.  It's not that hard really.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most of them honestly don't give a fuck.

They'll piss and moan about anything their main domestic political opponents do because it benefits them directly.   Other cultures?  There is nothing in it for them.   Quite the opposite, taking the position that it's wrong to criticize other cultures give them plenty to whine about when others point out indefensible behavior.
Top Top