Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2014 4:10:39 AM EDT
My last thread has me thinking about build costs for a suppressed SBR.  Not sure how much of a response I'll get here, but I'd like to see who can build the most tier one rifle (bs term I know , but using it for the sake of this post) for the least amount of money.  Basically balancing quality and cost. Rules are it has to include a ff handguard, optic, light, trigger, suppressor, and the price of two tax stamps.  I'm just looking for a list of parts and current prices.  It's just for fun and because I'm curious to see what comes out of it.  If you're not bored enough, no worries
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I could build the best one for under a grand. Of course, that's trading vintage dirt bike parts I bought in the early 90's  to my gun buddy..... Amazing what some of that stuff is worth these days.....
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no such thing as Tier 1 budget.  You have to pay to play my friend and I'm sure those guys wouldn't cheap out on their gear.  But since you want an answer I can only give you half.  I just haven't acquired a supressor yet.  I have no idea what I've spent so far but assuming around $2400 with all expenses like gunsmith fee, taxes, FFL transfers, shipping, etc.

Here is my setup:  12.5" barrel.  A Surefire X300 weapon light sits where the empty rail space is at, just not on at the moment.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt 6920 - $950
Centurion C4 - $250
AAC Ranger 3 - $550
2 stamps - $401 (including postage stamps, so 4 stamps really)
Aimpoint PRO - $400
Cut and thread - $75
Surefire x300u - $215

$2841
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
1.) go to the  MK18 Thread (click here)

2.) Find a gun you like and ask the owner what it cost them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Isn't Building the best gun possible for the least amount of money what everyone does perpetually on a constant basis? I don't see the point of your post.
View Quote

Probably holds stock in gun parts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]

But seriously - $1200 to $5000 depending on your choices
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't Building the best gun possible for the least amount of money what everyone does perpetually on a constant basis? I don't see the point of your post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Psa complete lower @ 300
M4 2000 @ 850
2 stamps 400
lightly used upper from the EE, 800-1000 if not less
T1 from the EE @ 550
M952v or x300 from the EE or ebay @ 160

= @ 3150

Its all good stuff and could be done cheaper but I went budget without junk.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Participation is not mandatory, I promise

The point is that I'm genuinely curious what people come up with at what price points. This is a completely different exercise than actually building a rifle because in real life people are constrained by money - they may want a suppressed SBR but cannot afford to actually build one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

Participation is not mandatory, I promise

The point is that I'm genuinely curious what people come up with at what price points. This is a completely different exercise than actually building a rifle because in real life people are constrained by money - they may want a suppressed SBR but cannot afford to actually build one.
View Quote
So it is "theoretical", I get it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I see you... and I raise you... the anhiliator 2000. Microwave, fax machine, CD player, radio, net launcher and more!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I see you... and I raise you... the anhiliator 2000. Microwave, fax machine, CD player, radio, net launcher and more!
http://www.imfdb.org/images/3/3a/Annihlator_2000.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/3/3a/Annihlator_2000.jpg

things like that make me wonder if somebody has slipped LSD into my beer...
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got north of $4,000 all said in this rifle...

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My last thread has me thinking about build costs for a suppressed SBR.  Not sure how much of a response I'll get here, but I'd like to see who can build the most tier one rifle (bs term I know , but using it for the sake of this post) for the least amount of money.  Basically balancing quality and cost. Rules are it has to include a ff handguard, optic, light, trigger, suppressor, and the price of two tax stamps.  I'm just looking for a list of parts and current prices.  It's just for fun and because I'm curious to see what comes out of it.  If you're not bored enough, no worries
View Quote

When it comes to building my rifles lowest cost is not what I'm looking for. I want quality and quality cost $. Good luck with your challenge though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck, some threads were never meant for GD. I guess it's inappropriate to ask for a list of build parts balancing quality and price in tech - that is a sacred space reserved for hard hitting questions such as "are Walmart Colt 6920s really built in China?" and "how much shorter is a 14.5" barrel than a 16" barrel?".  Since I can't beat em, I'll join em and present my next tier one build:

Edit: thanks for the couple of genuine responses though
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Just have to keep an eye on the EE. I got a screaming good deal on a brand new upper for a pistol/sbr build  ~$300 off if I bought everything separate

If it takes a year or so to complete a build getting deals out of the EE I'm fine with that,

Edit to add potato pic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top