Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/15/2002 12:52:45 PM EDT
Do you have goals? I know someone, well actually a few people, who don't. They just exist. My goals: To provide for my kids as best as I can. Send them to college, instill good moral values in them, raise them to appreciate the constitution and guns. Be a role model for them. Take care of my parents as they age. Be a good husband. Eventually have a home where I can live out the rest of my days shooting, hunting, handloading and reading. How about you? Balming
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 1:00:52 PM EDT
My goals? "I'd hit it" as much as I can...
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 1:13:23 PM EDT
1)buy a house 2)find a good woman 3)buy more guns 4)build AC Cobra replica with fuel injected small block with twin turbos....[:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:36:14 PM EDT
siennfein Love the username. The Brits need to get the fuck out of Ireland! Balming
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:16:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Balming: Do you have goals? I know someone, well actually a few people, who don't. They just exist. My goals: To provide for my kids as best as I can. Send them to college, instill good moral values in them, raise them to appreciate the constitution and guns. Be a role model for them. Take care of my parents as they age. Be a good husband. Eventually have a home where I can live out the rest of my days shooting, hunting, handloading and reading. How about you? Balming
View Quote
The first 2 are responsibilities. The second 2 are goals. Mine are: My short term goal is to become debt free within 12 months. (except Mortgage) Get a second place within 3 years that is either a lake place or mountain place. Long term is to retire early and enjoy all my stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:42:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Balming: siennfein Love the username. The Brits need to get the fuck out of Ireland! Balming
View Quote
terrorists my goals: become debt free, buy house, stockpile food guns and ammo, find live in poon (wife), produce 10+ kids
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:50:44 AM EDT
Goals? I couldn't exist without them. Right now, my biggest goal is to finish transforming our 100 y.o. church building into the largest single-family dwelling in the county. That is going to take almost all of 2003. Once we are done with that, we'll be debt free and own a $400K showpiece home. Then I suppose she'll be ready to start working on cooking up a kid. I suppose that I will be ready then too, but I don't really consider that a goal since I'm really not into kids all that much. I'm sort of getting sucked into running for city council where I live, but I wouldn't call that a goal per se. I suppose that if I commit, winning the election would be a goal. I am really itching to launch back out on my own again businesswise. Maybe write a book or two in the long long term.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:55:38 AM EDT
I want to own my own country.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:55:44 AM EDT
goals: start my own biz buy a house get sluts and help others more I guess im in a state of superpositon, when I think about goals I feel selfish.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:03:00 AM EDT
I'm not really goal oriented anymore.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:27:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:37:01 AM EDT
Goals; 1. Stop wetting the bed. 2. Move out of parents basement. 3. Get that promotion to fry cook. 4. Learn to tie my own shoes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:39:15 AM EDT
Make it to Tax Refund time without any attemps at foreclosure on my home. Eventually sell this place and move to the "country" somewhere and be more self-reliant and debt free. Lose 30 pounds... Get off psychotropic meds... [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:39:29 AM EDT
I used to NOT set goals, even in my sales jobs. I sort of drifted from day to day, moment to moment. But recently I've started setting small goals. Earlier this year I decided, after my 5th job in 2 years, to go back to school at the age of 36. I did my research and decided on Radiological Technology (X-ray tech) as a career due to hot job market and decent wages. My first goal was to take an Anatomy and Physiology class at a local community college in prep for the Rad Tech program. After being out of college for 13 years it was scary, but I bit down and did it. My second goal was to get a "B" in the class. I studied my ass off and spent a lot of time at home studying when I normally spend it with my wife. Luckily she was very supportive. The result? I got the highest grade in the class and got an "A" overall - woo hoo! My next goal is to get into the Rad Tech program - I've got two programs I'm applying for and will know in April - until then, it is back to A&P II in January and my goal is another "A". If all works out well, in 2.5 years I'll have a new career and can move anywhere in the country and be guaranteed a job. My wife's goal is to move back to the Tampa area, so hopefully in 3 years we'll be doing that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:58:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Balming: The Brits need to get the fuck out of Ireland!
View Quote
Now see? There's another goal. My goal is to see that they [u]don't[/u]. Eric The(Orange)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:17:37 AM EDT
I got to thinkin last night... I got to thinkin that just kind of meandering forward without setting any goals is unsatisfactory, so I told my wife to think of some goals, and we're gonna have a talk about them and set some family goals this week. Thanks for this thought provoking thread Balming. Scott
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:46:02 AM EDT
1.) Win Lottery 2.) Buy my own Mini-Gun 3.) Retire happy and young
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:50:57 PM EDT
and Paul Revere was a terrorist
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:58:44 PM EDT
personal: 1) get out of a mundain engineering job to where i can think again and again be excited to invent. material: 1)rebuild 429CJ 2)find a home I can apply time to.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2002 7:13:03 PM EDT by siennfein]
whats the cobra jet in boom? guess it is terrorist-like to go against government that refuses its citizens to bare arms.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:58:06 PM EDT
I want to be the sole master of time space and dimension. Then I want to go to Europe. Actually I'm a drifter. Drives the wife batty because she is a type-A+ driven woman. She is always wanting to set goals. I have a hard enough time figuring out what's for dinner.
Top Top