Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2002 2:50:33 PM EDT
Howdy! Been running voice on 2m/70 cm for quite some time. I'm working on learning code and getting up on HF. Recently, I got a good deal on a Kenwood TS-140. I've been looking into the MARS program. One requirement is packet/digital capability. Now, i'm good with computers, and i have a surplus of computers perfect for packet. But i haven't the first clue where to get started in this bracket of the hobby. Tips? Pointers? Links? Thanks! 73
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:55:40 PM EDT
Check: qrz.com discussion forums, search for packet. You'll find alot of hits. Also the ARRL handbook has a pretty good section on packet. Although I've had my ticket for 27 years I haven't done any packet, it's on the to do list but so are a whole pile of other things. Good hunting. 73 jj
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/5/2002 3:57:45 PM EDT by Garand_Shooter]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:01:05 PM EDT
Thanks for the help. I am aiming for Air Force MARS. Heck..what did you expect from the army??? (lol) Seeing I'm stationed and work 100 yards from HQ AFCA, I don't think it will be a problem getting the application approved promptly. I'm a computer person for the AF, and i've got computers coming out of my rear. I jsut figured this sounded interesting. I'm goign to have to pick up a TNC. Anyone ever use one of those rascal devices? sounds neat, but prolly crummy.
Top Top