Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 3
Next Page
11/4/2013 10:27:18 AM EDT
Gorilla tape is the shit!



11/4/2013 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Had a hooker bust through the duct tape and had to upgrade, eh?
11/4/2013 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Quoted:
Had a hooker bust through the duct tape and had to upgrade, eh?
View Quote


Yes.
11/4/2013 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
that tape is awesome. it doesn't matter if the surface underneath is dirty or oily, that shit is sticking.
11/4/2013 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:
Had a hooker bust through the duct tape and had to upgrade, eh?
View Quote


We've all been there, it's how you bounce back on the next one.
11/4/2013 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Good stuff but too expensive for the quick stuff.
11/4/2013 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:
that tape is awesome. it doesn't matter if the surface underneath is dirty or oily, that shit is sticking.
View Quote


Just tried it out today, and holy shit!  This shit would stick to KY jelly!  (see above mentioned hooker).
11/4/2013 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a tape called "rip-stop tape" the mobile home industry uses.  Anything taped with that stuff will be found in 1,000 years, still taped up.
11/4/2013 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#8]
There is many types of tape.  100 mile an hour tape.






Duct tape will still fit the bill for most of life's necessities.




As for Gorilla brand, I have been less than impressed with Gorilla Glue.  It makes a mess and the thing still falls off.

 
11/4/2013 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Gaffers tape is the stuff I liked, not sure how it compares on the hooker hold scale.
11/4/2013 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope. Too damn expensive. I can buy three rolls of DT for the cost of one GT.
11/4/2013 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:
Gaffers tape is the stuff I liked, not sure how it compares on the hooker hold scale.
View Quote


The Hooker Hold Scale (HHS), is the ultimate test of a tape.
11/4/2013 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
Nope. Too damn expensive. I can buy three rolls of DT for the cost of one GT.
View Quote


And use 3 times as much, that doesn't stick nearly as well...another case of "you get what you pay for".
11/4/2013 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:

As for Gorilla brand, I have been less than impressed with Gorilla Glue.  It makes a mess and the thing still falls off, smells like shit and does nothing else.
 
View Quote



11/4/2013 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:
that tape is awesome. it doesn't matter if the surface underneath is dirty or oily, that shit is sticking.
View Quote


The plastic fan shroud on my Cherokee cracked in two different places on an elk hunt two years ago. GT is still holding that shroud together!
11/4/2013 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#15]
11/4/2013 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
There is many types of tape.  100 mile an hour tape.

Duct tape will still fit the bill for most of life's necessities.

As for Gorilla brand, I have been less than impressed with Gorilla Glue.  It makes a mess and the thing still falls off.
 
View Quote


Gorilla glue from the bottle has been 100% worthless for me. I don't think I've found anything it actually sticks TO.
11/4/2013 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote History


If you can't duck it.....fuck it.
11/4/2013 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#18]
is Hooker Hold a better or worse measure than Ex-Wife Hold?

I'm not sure which scale to use sometimes.

11/4/2013 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
Had a hooker bust through the duct tape and had to upgrade, eh?
View Quote


11/4/2013 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quote History
Quoted:
Gorilla glue from the bottle has been 100% worthless for me. I don't think I've found anything it actually sticks TO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:



Quoted:

There is many types of tape.  100 mile an hour tape.



Duct tape will still fit the bill for most of life's necessities.



As for Gorilla brand, I have been less than impressed with Gorilla Glue.  It makes a mess and the thing still falls off.

 




Gorilla glue from the bottle has been 100% worthless for me. I don't think I've found anything it actually sticks TO.




You guys do know that you have to wet the surfaces for Gorilla Glue to cure properly?  And that the joint needs to be firmly clamped?



Properly applied, that stuff is like a good epoxy.



 
11/4/2013 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#21]
90% of so-called duct tape is garbage.  The best stuff I ever used was at Electric Boat, and the tape was called "EB Green" tape.  The fabric substrate looked like a densely-woven sheet of cloth through the outer green layer, and the greyish sticky side would stick to anything not wet or oily.  Not too hard to rip it, but the tensile (pulling) was incredible.  Puts every other duct tape I've seen to shame.  This might be what the mil calls "100MPH tape"  I've seen surplus gear with some of what appears to be EB green on it, mostly to wrap-up loose webbing.
11/4/2013 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
is Hooker Hold a better or worse measure than Ex-Wife Hold?

I'm not sure which scale to use sometimes.

View Quote


The HHS is the gold standard for holding power of tape.
11/4/2013 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:


The HHS is the gold standard for holding power of tape.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
is Hooker Hold a better or worse measure than Ex-Wife Hold?

I'm not sure which scale to use sometimes.



The HHS is the gold standard for holding power of tape.


Yep, too many false-positives with the Ex-Wife Hold, sometimes they just don't want to leave.
11/4/2013 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:


You guys do know that you have to wet the surfaces for Gorilla Glue to cure properly?  And that the joint needs to be firmly clamped?

Properly applied, that stuff is like a good epoxy.


 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is many types of tape.  100 mile an hour tape.

Duct tape will still fit the bill for most of life's necessities.

As for Gorilla brand, I have been less than impressed with Gorilla Glue.  It makes a mess and the thing still falls off.
 


Gorilla glue from the bottle has been 100% worthless for me. I don't think I've found anything it actually sticks TO.


You guys do know that you have to wet the surfaces for Gorilla Glue to cure properly?  And that the joint needs to be firmly clamped?

Properly applied, that stuff is like a good epoxy.


 


Reading instructions is for faggots!



 The Gorilla tape is freaking great.

 We had a trailer that we use around the shop that had a cut side wall and leaked, one of my guys slapped some tape on it and it survived all last year.
11/4/2013 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I always wondered how well the Gorilla tape worked.  Love the glue, makes quite a bond.
11/4/2013 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:


And use 3 times as much, that doesn't stick nearly as well...another case of "you get what you pay for".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Too damn expensive. I can buy three rolls of DT for the cost of one GT.


And use 3 times as much, that doesn't stick nearly as well...another case of "you get what you pay for".


It sticks just fine. I got three rolls of duck tape, because I bought three rolls of duct tape.

I have one machine that on setup needs the 50' power cord attached to the 7"x50' dust collector hose. It takes two wraps of tape to hold it on no matter if you use Gorrilla tape, duct tape, or red stucco tape. The tape gets worn through from being drug around on a ruff concrete substrate. One wrap of GT wares away and falls off before the shift is done. I've tried every tape out there. My guys don't like the GT as well because it's too hard to remove when breaking te equipment down. Back to duct tape. Just because GT may be a little more tackier, doesn't mean it works better.

11/4/2013 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Duct tape remains superior for general labeling purposes.
11/4/2013 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
I always wondered how well the Gorilla tape worked.  Love the glue, makes quite a bond.
View Quote


Be warned, it will take the paint (skin) off when properly applied.
11/4/2013 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#29]
The best part about gorilla tape is the 1" wide handy-roll.  Perfect for skinny hooker wrists and ankles, and it leaves lots of room in your cargo pocket for reloads.

11/4/2013 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Where have you been, OP?



Gorilla Tape is best tape, for many time now.
11/4/2013 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:


It sticks just fine. I got three rolls of duck tape, because I bought three rolls of duct tape.

I have one machine that on setup needs the 50' power cord attached to the 7"x50' dust collector hose. It takes two wraps of tape to hold it on no matter if you use Gorrilla tape, duct tape, or red stucco tape. The tape gets worn through from being drug around on a ruff concrete substrate. One wrap of GT wares away and falls off before the shift is done. I've tried every tape out there. My guys don't like the GT as well because it's too hard to remove when breaking te equipment down. Back to duct tape. Just because GT may be a little more tackier, doesn't mean it works better.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Too damn expensive. I can buy three rolls of DT for the cost of one GT.


And use 3 times as much, that doesn't stick nearly as well...another case of "you get what you pay for".


It sticks just fine. I got three rolls of duck tape, because I bought three rolls of duct tape.

I have one machine that on setup needs the 50' power cord attached to the 7"x50' dust collector hose. It takes two wraps of tape to hold it on no matter if you use Gorrilla tape, duct tape, or red stucco tape. The tape gets worn through from being drug around on a ruff concrete substrate. One wrap of GT wares away and falls off before the shift is done. I've tried every tape out there. My guys don't like the GT as well because it's too hard to remove when breaking te equipment down. Back to duct tape. Just because GT may be a little more tackier, doesn't mean it works better.



I was pseudo kidding, Duct tape is awesome for some applications, but anything wet/dirty/oily that you want to stay in place...GT wins hands down.
11/4/2013 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:
The best part about gorilla tape is the 1" wide handy-roll.  Perfect for skinny hooker wrists and ankles, and it leaves lots of room in your cargo pocket for reloads.

http://i.imgur.com/BcgOXQF.jpg
View Quote


But what width for curvy hookers?  I find the two inch overkill, and a waste.
11/4/2013 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#33]
I say Hurricane Tape is more awesomer
11/4/2013 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#34]
My window motor burned out on my car so I removed and propped the window up (closed) so I could replace motor next week. Well my shade-tree engineering was faulty and the window fell all the way into the door on Saturday.



I took off the door panel again and tried to raise the window back up but it was stuck on the stick I used to prop it up. I could not get the right angle to get it back up.




I took an 10" strip of Gorilla Tape and put it down through the window opening and reached up into the window housing and pressed the tape onto the window. I used the tape to pull the window up and was able re-fix the window.




Gorilla Tape saved the day.
11/4/2013 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I think "HHS" could be a new ARFCOM term....? Yes?
11/4/2013 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:
I say Hurricane Tape is more awesomer
View Quote


That shit wouldn't hold a 90lb cracked out hooker...FAIL!
11/4/2013 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Thought it was going to be about this stuff.

Still can't replace 100MPH tape if you need to add water and wait for it to cure.... but it does sound pretty cool.
11/4/2013 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:


That shit wouldn't hold a 90lb cracked out hooker...FAIL!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Hurricane Tape is more awesomer


That shit wouldn't hold a 90lb cracked out hooker...FAIL!



It has a better chance of doing so than the other tapes that won't even stick when it gets below 30F.  Hurricane tape stuck like no other at -5F last winter for me.
11/4/2013 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:
I think "HHS" could be a new ARFCOM term....? Yes?
View Quote


The Hooker Hold Scale is widely accepted as THE ONLY accepted method of strength testing tape.
11/4/2013 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Gorilla Tape has been my favorite for a while. Typical duct tape is worthless
11/4/2013 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Gorilla tape is great.




11/4/2013 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#42]
If something can't be fixed with duct tape, zip ties, or JB Weld, chances are it can't be fixed.
11/4/2013 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#43]
<3 gorilla tape

It is awesome.
11/4/2013 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#44]
It's tape.
11/4/2013 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:
It's tape.
View Quote

I rost
11/4/2013 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I have been totally disappointed by Gorilla Tape every single time I've used it.  In every case, cheap duck tape was vastly superior.  The adhesive on GT in particular is spectacularly useless.
11/4/2013 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Quoted:
I have been totally disappointed by Gorilla Tape every single time I've used it.  In every case, cheap duck tape was vastly superior.  The adhesive on GT in particular is spectacularly useless.
View Quote


Unless the surface you're applying it to is wet/dirty/oily, then GT wins hands down.

ETA:  and what hooker isn't wet/dirty/oily?
11/4/2013 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I bought some to patch a couple four wheeler seats this past spring.  So far it is working WAY better than regular Duct Tape.  

The true test will be this winter in the cold.
11/4/2013 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Quoted:
If something can't be fixed with duct tape, zip ties, or JB Weld, chances are it can't be fixed.
View Quote

If you use wire ties in conjuction with duct tape the HHS factor is multiplied.
11/4/2013 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:

If you use wire ties in conjuction with duct tape the HHS factor is multiplied.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
If something can't be fixed with duct tape, zip ties, or JB Weld, chances are it can't be fixed.

If you use wire ties in conjuction with duct tape the HHS factor is multiplied.


Yeah, but it's wasted time/effort/zip-ties, when you could just use GT!  Plus, they bitch when they struggle and the zip-ties get too tight.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 3
Next Page