Maybe he wants a date with Mr. Moose...
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
"For a fun time..."
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Did they [i]call[/i] the number? Or are they just holding onto it for a lonely night?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did they [i]call[/i] the number? Or are they just holding onto it for a lonely night?
View Quote

Just like on "12 Monkeys" they have to wait for the correct time window, or it won't work.

View Quote

Oh, if only life were that simple... Ho, hum.[8)]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sniper is probably in a bad cell.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounded like the sniper left a # and Moose told the sniper to call it. Like the sniper message said "you guys get control of this #, and I'll call you...
Now which of you creative guys is gonna do a spoof of the phone conversation between moose and the sniper???  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sniper is probably in a bad cell.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Do you mean like the kids who rode the short bus back in grammar school?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
interesting, What's happened is the shooter has left a phone number (probably to some public telephone.) That he knows the police will find and monitor, The shooter may be planning to tape a micro-recorder to the receiver of another phone somewhere in the local area, then dial and split while the recorder plays the sniper manifesto!

The police are going to know what this is all about in the next 24 hours and it will be intresting to see if they cover it up.

The media are all saying that this means the shooter wants to negotiate and maybe surrender. I doubt this. the shooter will more likely state his demands or take political credit for his terrorist acts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm telling ya - this is not Al-Qaeda.  Al-Q's don't leave tarot cards, profess to be God or annotate phone numbers to discuss current events.  

This does not fit Al-Qaeda's style in ANY of their past attacks.

However, it does clearly fit into a profile of somebody with a very sick mind who gets his thrills by killing and then taunting the police...ala Jack-the-Ripper, the Zodiac killer, et al.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I personally do not think anyone left a number or a message. I think instead of running his mouth and further showing that they have absolutly no clue they are trying the phsycological approach.

Moose talked about being left a message, I don't think it was an actual message, I think he was trying to reach the sniper by saying the shooting last night itself was a message and the number reference is like saying to someone "hey buddy I got your number"

Of course the media doens't even think before spouting -hey he left a number!

I could be completly off on this, but I would bet I am right?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Moose: Yo! Who 'dis?
Sniper: Whazzzzuuuppp!!
Moose: Yo, ATF, pick up da phone!
ATF: Whazzzzzuuupppp!!!
Mooose:Whazzzzuuuppp!!
Sniper:Whazzzzuuuppp!!

View Quote

OMG That is so damn funny!!!  I nearly fell off my chair
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

SORRY...

LMFAO
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#16]
That was too funny, best laugh of the day, althought the French Commamdo thread comes in at a close second.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]
It may just be that the 'Ponderosa' shooter is not of the original shooter group at all, but a copy cat.

This has got to be one of the strangest series of crimes that has ever occured, if it turns out that we have been dealing with one person for this entire time period.

They will have to invent a new tag line for [u]this[/u] kind of murder spree.

Eric The(Astounded)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
This could be a Law enforcement mind fuck....It's possible that the police think there are two guys doing this and that the police want each of them to think the other one is is trying to contact the police to roll and give the other one up.

The police could be trying to destroy the bond and trust between the shooters.

I doubt this scenario, but it's one of the many possibilities one must consider when you get this many hair brain psych profilers into a deal like this.

If you think this kind of psy-op is out of the question, I would beg you to remember, that the FBI played all kinds of goofy stuff on loud speakers at Wako....So this would be no weirder than Tibetan Monk Chant and the sounds of rabbits being slaughtered.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ehhhh he he ehehehehmmhmm hmm hehehe hehhe heh heh hehe eh he hmm hm he eh eh... he hu hu hm huh...
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll have to agree, [b]82ndAbn[/b], that was a great reply!

LMAO.

Eric The(Amused)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

sonavabitch that was funny
nice job
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I think the people running this hunt are finally getting a clue that too many details to the press (real ones, that is) are not helping.  I think they'll be passing out some misinformation to lull this guy into forgetting about the overhead surveillance that stands the best chance of catching him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I would hate to be the guy laying in the hospital with half my stomach and spleen blown away, finding out I got shot in order to deliver the shooters phone messages.

That would suck beyond imagination....this whole thing is taking on the character of a bad action movie. Leaving phone numbers to dead drop phones, jeeze next thing you know this guy will rig a city bus to blow up if it's speedometer drops below 60 miles an hour...

This guy thinks he's the bad guy in a movie.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think they'll be passing out some misinformation to lull this guy into forgetting about the overhead surveillance that stands the best chance of catching him.
View Quote

[blue]I hear people say this or similar things.  Just how exactly will this magical air-surveillance help catch this guy?[/blue]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#25]
To the person who left us a message at the Ponderosa last night, you gave us a telephone number; we do want to talk to you. Call us at the number you provided!
View Quote
- Moose

... Could it be a number of an establishment he/she planned on hitting next? I don't think so that's stupid. Could it have been the number of the person that gave the number? No.
Could it be the number of the local PD? Doubtful. Maybe media, don't think so.

I think Moose f*cked up the message.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#26]
it makes perfect sense, Law Enforcement localized the phone number either last night or early this morning, they staked the place out all day and had the phone co. tap the phone, they have been getting ready for the most sophisticated phone tap trace in U.S. history all day, now their just waiting for the shooter to drop in his .50 cents.

Any body care to bet that the NSA is not running the phone trace?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top