Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2002 1:29:22 PM EDT
I'm sorry...but the guy is an idiot. No wonder MD is scared to death...their Chief brings them no confidence. Unreal.

White van? Is this certain? Is it credible? A ladder on top? Is it a handyman, electrician or a painter in the area...how many of those are in the phone book?

They should have someone else doing the briefings...he sounds like an idiot with a 6th grade education.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate the part where he tries to articulate himself like an educated person. You can barely understand what he is attempting to say.

Remember when Damon Wayans used to do the skit about the Muslim in jail who used made up words or words he didn't understand?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you axe me, He doing da best he can Wif the tool he got. I'm sure it flustrating, but pacifically workin wif da media is difficult.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I respect the hell out of this guy, I wouldn't want his job right now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Shotar is on the mark.

Moose should not be the face of Maryland. That is why they employ public information officers.

Jut my opinoin an all dat.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think Moose is an ordinary guy in an extraordinary circumstance.  He is not however a public speaker.  I think he should be using a trained public information officer to speak with the press and concentrate his efforts on managing the crisis.
View Quote

Moose is a strong anti-gunner, and politically correct ass-hole. Used to be chief out here in Portland. Glad he's on the east coast, they deserve 'im...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I was wondering when some Oregon members were going to come forward and inform us on what the guy was like as Chief in Portland.

You would think a PhD. and a Major in the Air National Guard would have better public speaking skills.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you axe me, He doing da best he can Wif the tool he got. I'm sure it flustrating, but pacifically workin wif da media is difficult.
View Quote

LOL !!  that sounds just like him.
I agree with shotar, except I think someone who has risen to the rank of "chief of police" should be able to communicate properly.
I see it as affirmative action at it's finest. I highly doubt that he was the best man for the job.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Sheit!

Thanks for promoting him to Chief while he was out there Oregon! Your affirmative action program is certainly alive and well!

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Agreed.  Moose is way out of his league.

Oh, before I forget:  IBTL

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]http://www.co.mo.md.us/services/police/chiefbio.htm[/url]

Charles Alexander Moose, Ph.D.

Career History

Maryland
8/2/99 - present      Chief of Police, Montgomery County, Maryland
1999 - present        Major, District of Columbia Air National Guard
2000 - present        Adjunct Faculty, Montgomery College

Oregon
6/93 - 7/31/99        Chief of Police, City of Portland, Oregon
1994 - 1999           Adjunct Faculty, Criminal Justice, Portland State University
1987 - 1998           Major, Oregon Air National Guard
1992 - 1993           Deputy Chief, City of Portland, Operations Branch
1991 - 1992           Captain, North Precinct
1984 - 1991           Lieutenant
1981 - 1984           Sergeant
1975 - 1981           Patrol Officer

Education

Bachelor of Arts, United States History, University of North Carolina (1975)
Master of Public Administration, Portland State University (1984)
Ph.D., Urban Studies/Criminology, Portland State University (1993)
FBI National Academy, 154th Session (1988)
FBI National Executive Institute, 17th Session (1994)
Professional Organizations/Community Activities

National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, Member
Police Executive Research Forum, Member
[red]International Association of Chiefs of Police, Member[/red]
Civil Rights Committee, Member
American Society of Criminology, Member
National Center for Women and Policing, Advisory Board Member
COPS' National Community Oriented Policing Resource Board
Major Accomplishments

An internationally recognized advocate and lecturer on the philosophy and implementation of community policing.
Instituted a Crisis Intervention Team of specially trained officers on call to defuse situations involving persons with mental illness in a crisis warranting police response. Arranged for the professional mental health community to provide training to officers at no cost.
Developed Crisis Response Team concept to better respond to victims, families and community members after violent crime. The response team consists of officers and community volunteers. Teams are assigned to critical areas and include teams within the Hispanic, Asian, and sexual minority communities.
Hired and trained civilian desk clerks to allow 42 uniformed officers to be reassigned to patrol duties.
In 1997, established a General Order on less than lethal force to allow the capture of armed and violent suspects without using deadly force.
Opened a day care center on the first floor of the Justice Center for Police employees' children.
In 1998, conducted the third National Community Policing Conference with over 500 participants from 30 states and five countries. The conference provided participants with insight on how to measure and enhance current community policing programs.
Developed a standing metro area law enforcement pursuit agreement which covers issues regarding conditions under which pursuits can be initiated, notification to media and other agencies, supervisory control and other issues. The Portland Police Department serves as host and facilitator for this metro area executive group.
Awards

United States Community Relations Service Special Recognition Award, 1998
The William French Smith Award for Outstanding Contribution to Cooperative Law Enforcement, presented by United States Attorney General Janet Reno, 1998
Employer Support Freedom Award, presented by Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, 1998
FBI Director's "Community Leadership Award," 1995
Emerald Award, "Community Service," Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., 1996
Boys and Girls Club "Man of the Year Award," 1996-97
Association for Retarded Citizens Distinguished Community Service Award, 1998

Presentations

Justice at its Best - Police Response to Mental Retardation
Roundtable: Race Based Policing
The Future of Community Oriented Policing
Improving Police Response to Domestic Violence
The Impact of Community Policing on Ethics
Community Policing and its Relationship to Building Stronger, Healthier Communities
Walking the Talk of Ethics
Dealing with Excessive Force Issues
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Compared to that scholar Ted Williams (FOXNEWS) DC Police Color Commentator.

Moose be a GeeeneeeASS
Williams is a fmr DC Homicide Detective and currently a Lawyer.  This turd invented a word this week on TV...DISGRUMBLED!  as in, I hope day check all the disgrumbled employas at Micheals

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sheit!

Thanks for promoting him to Chief while he was out there Oregon! Your affirmative action program is certainly alive and well!

--LS
View Quote

You got that right!! Oregon's urban areas, (like most everywhere), are controlled by communists. What they fail to recognize is, counties in the west are considering breaking away from the state. The urban areas control the legislatures, and rule-making bodies. They put all kinds of regulations on the rural areas and farming communities. Folks are getting fed-up..
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#14]
After seeing his extensive liberal background, I retract my statement that he's not the best man for the job.  He is the PERFECT police chief for a liberal community.
They get what they diserve.

and BTW, Can someone PLEASE explain to me how someone who has all those degrees and accolades can still talk like a brutha from da hood ??  I mean how the hell did he ever pass oral boards or an graduate level english class ???
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

[red]International Association of Chiefs of Police, Member[/red]
View Quote

Well that explains why he can't speak English.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok. If the above is true, never mind. Why is it that EVERY time a person starts to like/respect a person of authority the more that is learned about them the less I like/respect them ? My guess is that they must be great bullshitters.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Hotrod,

To what are you referring to?

Moose's resume or the way we've all been bashing him? Which don't you like?

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#18]
From what I've seen, I think Moose is smarter than he looks.  Like Bush, he is not a good public speaker.  Shotar is dead on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, thanks for ruining my image of the guy...

I had a lot of respect for how he handled two things in particular.
ONE, when everyone was waving around AR15's and all the rest of that nice collection on the table and spouting off all the incorrect and non-sequitur bullshit about ".223 Bullets", etc., ad nauseam, MOOSE had the unmitigated gall to actually tell them that nobody really knew WHAT was being used to shoot the 'bullets' and nobody could actually tell if it was a .223 or a .22-250 or whatever.
That was impressive on his part.  He was telling the 'TROOF'.  [;)]

TWO, when they'd taken a suspect into custody for questioning and determined that the suspect was NOT who they were looking for, MOOSE told the media that to continue hounding the guy was wrong, inappropriate and unnecessary.
The suspect, now NOT a suspect, was not involved and his vehicle was not even close to the description being bandied about by the media.
That was extremely astute on his part as a Chief LEO to make sure the Citizen in question would no longer be harassed.  

Other than that, now I think he's a rotten sumbitch for being anti-gun!  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Use yur brain longshot use yur brain.....
[NI]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
tries to articulate himself like an educated person.
View Quote

... Damn dude, he may not be a great orator but neither is GWB.
He does however, hold a Phd. and Major in ANG.

... You ever reach either equivalent rank?

... Could your bias be because he [b]black[/b] maybe?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#22]
i'm suprised that someone whose greatest command of the english language is ebonics, has a phd.  must have been one of those politically correct programs that lowers the entrance standards.  mcole
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't trust this IDIOT to wash my socks let alone cover my 6 !

CHEIF MOOSE = FOOL

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wouldn't trust this IDIOT to wash my socks let alone cover my 6 !

CHEIF MOOSE = FOOL
View Quote

The way you spelled 'chief', I wouldn't trust you to make out my grocery list.  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#25]
At least he's not Joseph McNamara......

I'm not sure if a deceptive spin-meister would be better than having a somewhat inarticulate Sheriff doing the talking.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
tries to articulate himself like an educated person.
View Quote

... Damn dude, he may not be a great orator but neither is GWB.
He does however, hold a Phd. and Major in ANG.

... You ever reach either equivalent rank?

... Could your bias be because he [b]black[/b] maybe?
View Quote

LOL. So now I'm a racist. PERFECT.

I will assume that you criticized GWB because you hate white men.

And his PhD is in Urban Studies. I have me a Masters in "Crackerology." Sho Nuff.

And Major in the NG is supposed to mean something?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Do you think a white guy with comparable lack of speaking skills would obtain the same job too?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Speaking as someone from the Portland area...  He's a ID10T.  Big time.  I'm glad to be rid of him.

Out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wouldn't trust this IDIOT to wash my socks let alone cover my 6 !...
View Quote

Presumably, since Bill Clinton is extremely articulate, you’d have him watch your 6 instead?

Agreed, in this day and age of movie star type journalists (like Geraldo) and other talking heads, Chief Moose doesn’t cut it as a speaker.  Still, speaking as a pretty inarticulate person myself, judging someone solely by their speaking ability is a mistake – there’s more to someone than being a good speaker.  

That said, I have to agree that he does seem to muddle things at times.

Also, I assuredly have no use for affirmative action.  However, over the years I have worked for a parade of grossly incompetent white males.

Nowadays, unfit individuals are promoted because of their race or sex; in the past equally unfit individuals were promoted because they were someone else’s drinking buddy.  Things really haven’t changed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you think a white guy with comparable lack of speaking skills would obtain the same job too?
View Quote

Don’t know – the Sheriff in the southern Virginia County where Elizabeth Smart was apparently kidnapped after her parents were murdered was pretty inarticulate.  

He was white.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Some of you seem to have the wrong idea on this. I did'nt criticize him because he did'nt use every word in the dictionary, I have a problem with a guy who has all those college degrees and accolades and yet he can't even pronounce the most simple words correctly.
axe is not ask
wif is not with
pacifically is not specifically
da is not the
troof is not truth
etc...etc...

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#32]
This is unreal. And sad.

Nobody said all black men are stupid.

Nobody said all white men are intelligent.

BUT if you comment on a single black mans inability to communicate his thoughts on a issue of great importance AND you are white, you are clearly a RACIST.

"IF" he talked like a ordinary person and was understandable, I'd have no issues with him. BUT when he tries to talk and use his Word of the Day Calander at the same time, I cannot even understand what he is trying to say. MOSTLY because he doesn't understand what he is saying.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... theres more to someone than being a good speaker.  

... Nowadays, unfit individuals are promoted because of their race or sex; in the past equally unfit individuals were promoted because they were someone else’s drinking buddy.  Things really haven’t changed.
View Quote

[u]First observation[/u]: TRUE (Are you listening [b]SteyrAUG[/b]? Your lame attempt at damage control ain't working in your favor)

[u]Second comment[/u]: Not always true anymore, I'm where I'm at in my career because I'm the [b]best[/b] at my job. Sure reverse discrimination and the "good 'ole boy" system is still alive but not like it [i]used[/i] to be. Shareholders (read as myself) don't look on that behavior very highly. I want the motherfucker that can and will do the job on my team.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
After seeing his extensive liberal background, I retract my statement that he's not the best man for the job.  He is the PERFECT police chief for a liberal community.
They get what they diserve.

and BTW, Can someone PLEASE explain to me how someone who has all those degrees and accolades can still talk like a brutha from da hood ??  I mean how the hell did he ever pass oral boards or an graduate level english class ???
View Quote

Well, I think the emphasis here is on "pass" and "graduate level." During my stint in college (Orygun) I had the misfortune to be in graduate level courses with minority/foreign students. Most did well academically, but that didn't really matter since most were passed and graduated anyway. It still torques me that some people WILL BE GIVEN a degree whether they want one enough to work for it or not.  

I didn't know Moose personally when he was here in Orygun, but our liberal commie state has always been adept at putting PC people in positions whether they are qualified or not. As Liberty 86 pointed out: "Moose is a strong anti-gunner, and politically correct ass-hole. Used to be chief out here in Portland. Glad he's on the east coast, they deserve 'im..."  Yup.

NMSight
IBTL!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

[u]First observation[/u]: TRUE (Are you listening [b]SteyrAUG[/b]? Your lame attempt at damage control ain't working in your favor)
View Quote

LOL. Damage control. Is that what the truth is called now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Some of you seem to have the wrong idea on this. I did'nt criticize him because he did'nt use every word in the dictionary, I have a problem with a guy who has all those college degrees and accolades and yet he can't even pronounce the most simple words correctly.
axe is not ask
wif is not with
pacifically is not specifically
da is not the
troof is not truth
etc...etc...
View Quote

[^]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I live in Montgomery County right in the middle of the madness.  The sniper could be my neighbor.  Moose is perfect for the county.  He sounds like an idiot and was hired by an even worse white idiot, County Executive Douglas Duncan. The majority of people in this area get orgasms when they hear politically correct dogma spouted by leftist politicians.  Thanks to the sniper we can now expect gun confiscating Marylanders to elect an even worse idiot, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, as governor.  Yes she is one of THE Kennedys.  Before the sniper Republican moderate Bob Ehrlich had a chance of winning. Be grateful you do not live in Maryland.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Was he elected to that job? Or did the brother just get stuck with it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:08:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I live in Montgomery County right in the middle of the madness.  The sniper could be my neighbor.  Moose is perfect for the county.  He sounds like an idiot and was hired by an even worse white idiot, County Executive Douglas Duncan. The majority of people in this area get orgasms when they hear politically correct dogma spouted by leftist politicians.  Thanks to the sniper we can now expect gun confiscating Marylanders to elect an even worse idiot, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, as governor.  Yes she is one of THE Kennedys.  Before the sniper Republican moderate Bob Ehrlich had a chance of winning. Be grateful you do not live in Maryland.  
View Quote

The news said he is chief of the "county police". I know he was hired, not elected. Don't you have a county "sheriff" out there who is elected? Or, is he a city chief, and the press mis-informed?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In many places in the east central states it is the norm to have one County police agency instead of individual municipal agencies.  In this structure the elected Sheriff serves as the court officer and jailer but is not involved in day to day law enforcement or investigative duties.
View Quote

Seems like that may be a savings to the taxpayer. Is the highest ranking LE officer elected??
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Let me rephrase my last question so that some may understand it:

[b]Da ya dink a white guy ith comprable lack oa speaking stills wou' o-tain da saem job to?[/b]

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
... theres more to someone than being a good speaker.  

... Nowadays, unfit individuals are promoted because of their race or sex; in the past equally unfit individuals were promoted because they were someone else’s drinking buddy.  Things really haven’t changed.
View Quote

[u]Second comment[/u]: Not always true anymore, I'm where I'm at in my career because I'm the [b]best[/b] at my job. Sure reverse discrimination and the "good 'ole boy" system is still alive but not like it [i]used[/i] to be. Shareholders (read as myself) don't look on that behavior very highly. I want the motherfucker that can and will do the job on my team.
View Quote

Second comment: that's still very true.  I have a knew boss that was promoted just because she is a woman.  She ran a half-assed operation but was promoted because the person leaving was a woman and they needed to fill the status quo.  She was chosen over much more qualified male candidates.  It's all politics.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt it.

If that were the case he would be called a backward ass, redneck trailer trash hillbilly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top