Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2002 11:52:42 AM EDT
I got 50 lbs. of Chloradane, it was outlawed in 1987-89 I think, I know not to use it indoors, but is it good stuff for outdoors, if you don't know what the hell I am talking about, that is ok, I don't need your opinion then. They outlaw the good stuff and replace it with shit that don't work, so I was wondering if there is anything I need to know about this stuff. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
[url=http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts31.html]Chlordane[/url]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks  osprey21   BH
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like good stuff indeed:

ToxFAQsTM for

Chlordane affects the nervous system, the digestive system, and the liver in people and animals. Headaches, irritability, confusion, weakness, vision problems, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and jaundice have occurred in people who breathed air containing high concentrations of chlordane or accidentally swallowed small amounts of chlordane. Large amounts of chlordane taken by mouth can cause convulsions and death in people.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Chlordane is scientifically classified as a cyclodiene, a class of chemicals developed following WW II.  Generally, cyclodienes were considered to be some of the most effective, longest lasting, and economical insecticides ever developed.  Their use was banned by the EPA in the late 1970's because they were considered to be to stable and persistent in the environment.  Assuming that you take appropriate cautions in their application and use, they are just a superb insecticide!
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I did a web search and came up with a lot of lame stuff, the stuff all the above gave me was very helpfull, thanks to all.  /BH
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a golf course superintendent and a certified NY state pesticide applicator.  Chlordane is very, very dangerous and should only be used with extreme caution.  you should  also be aware that since it has been banned if you get caught using it you will be subject to severe penalties and perhaps the quarantine of your property till the authorities determine the appropriate clean up method to remove the Chlordane you have applied.  I can't speak for the state laws where you live but the feds will have a field day with you if you get caught using this stuff.  My advice is find some legal way to surrender it to the proper agency and use one of the newer legal and just as effective pesticides available to take care of whatever pest problem you may have.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
They can have it when they pry it from my cold dead hands. I guess I just better not get caught by those roving EPA enforcement officers. Now will all you please excuse me while I wipe my computer clean, reboot, and get a new name. But really thanks for your imput, because that is what I asked for.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
It's your funeral, good luck!  Just don't get caught and don't get exposed or you will definitely get caught.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top