Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2002 3:11:01 AM EDT
I haven't had a locked topic yet, and I'm feeling kind of left out.

As a favor, could one of the mods please lock this topic?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Requesting doesn't count.  You have to break the rules. [:D]
View Quote

I think white cars are superior.[IMG]http://216.40.241.68/contrib/drowned/iroc-george.gif[/IMG]

There, that should do it.  Lock it down!  

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTL

I think that no matter what anyone else says, respecting rifles of other colors is wrong!  Black rifles only!!!!!!!!  

(Rifle racism is a sad sad thing)

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I'll leave this alone for now; kinda makes you look like you have waaaaay too much time on your hands.

Platform,

Not funny; watch yourself with that shit please.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:48:40 AM EDT
[#6]
OK. let's try this:

Black cars are superior to white cars.

Is [b]THAT[/b] racism, or is only "white cars are superior to black cars" a racist comment????

Or is this the single stupidest discussion that has ever been conducted in the history of mankind???

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OK. let's try this:

Is [b]THAT[/b] racism, or is only "white cars are superior to black cars" a racist comment????

Or is this the single stupidest discussion that has ever been conducted in the history of mankind???

[rolleyes]

View Quote

How about this, Are Black rifles superior to white cars?

[whacko]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:57:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK. let's try this:

[rolleyes]

View Quote

[whacko]
View Quote

If the BLACK rifle has AP ammo is is.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:57:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[whacko]
View Quote

I think its kinda like a rock, paper, scissors thing.

The white car is superior IF the car is running over the black rifle, but the black rifle is superior if shooting the white car.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:59:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Platform,

Not funny; watch yourself with that shit please.
View Quote

Steve, today is most likely my last day here, so "watching myself" is about the last thing I am interested in doing right now.

When I posted to the "white car/black car" thread yesterday I became involved in this stupid power tripping mess.  I see that rather than backing off, the "powers-that-be" are STILL steady on course for stupid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:07:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can't we just forget the stupid stuff that happens one day and go on to the next without carrying the prior day's baggage?

Forget it Jack,it's Chinatown![:)]
....from the movie Chinatown.
View Quote

No more that you can stop the sun from rising.

Peoples minds / beliefs don't have an overnite reset button.

Hoping issues will just go away has historically proven to be a poor substitute for actually addressing them.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Hoping issues will just go away has historically proven to be a poor substitute for actually addressing them.
View Quote

I believe in adressing issues,but this crap is not an issue......really![:)]
View Quote

That's EXACTLY the point.

THis WHOLE THING should have NEVER happened. NEVER should that topic have been locked.

If a violation of an interpretation of board policy, the WAY to handle it is to PRIVATELY IM the individual to remove it. I do this NOW, and I'm not even a Mod. Just yesterday I did this about a post that suggested putting a bullet in an elected representatives head. . Offensive post was deleted without even a whimper - nary a comment. Hats off to the psoter - well done.

Locking the thread turned this non-issue into an issue. Gasoline on a tiny spark burns the whole city down.

And lastly, if yer gonna go after EVERY innuendo, you better quadruple the mods and make them full time paid positions.

And get some consistency. Like the STAFF member who wants to commit genocide against Mecca. Hopefully by now, the mod I was discussing this with yesterday brought THIS case of racism before you. I forced his hand to do just that yesterday.

If yer REALLY against racism, you can't apply it for ONLY CERTAIN races.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Steve, today is most likely my last day here, so "watching myself" is about the last thing I am interested in doing right now.
View Quote

OK, last day, last hour, whatever.  So long as you are here, again, PLEASE watch yourself with racist inuendos.  If you are in "rebel" mode because it's your last day, fine, I'll watch you for you.

When I posted to the "white car/black car" thread yesterday I became involved in this stupid power tripping mess.  I see that rather than backing off, the "powers-that-be" are STILL steady on course for stupid.
View Quote

Who's not backing off?  I was not involved in that thread and I'm not the one that carried it over to this thread.  That would be you.  Call it whatever you want, I just see it as following rules.

I did say "please", didn't I?  Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OK. let's try this:

[rolleyes]

View Quote

Actually, your Clinton-esq breakdown of this whole issue is re-defining stupid.  You bitch about making something out of nothing and, in doing so, make something huge out of something small.

The post was a racist innuendo; most reasonable people will agree.  It was addressed accordingly.  It's that simiple.  Your bitching and moaning about it only clouds the truth.  It was what it was, and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Was it the "crime of the century" type violation?  NO, but so what?  That should not stop us from addressing it.

Your gripe about consistency is reasonable and we are trying to address it.  The rest of your comments are a waste of space.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:47:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK, last day, last hour, whatever.  So long as you are here, again, PLEASE watch yourself with racist inuendos.  If you are in "rebel" mode because it's your last day, fine, I'll watch you for you.

I did say "please", didn't I?
View Quote

I am unsure if the IM went thru to you concerning this, so I will bring it up here as well.

Please delete the account "platform389" effective immediately.

Gary, aka "platform389"

OUT
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:47:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Actually, your Clinton-esq breakdown of this whole issue is re-defining stupid.  
View Quote

What is "Clinton-esque " is the inconsistency of making "racism" ONLY a "mean, evil white people hate wonderful innocent lovable black people" thing. The point I was making in my original post. A point all "reasonable people" (to use your terminology) should be able to see.

Also Clintonesque - NOT CONSISTENLY applying policies, where racism against blacks is verbotten, but racism against muslims is regarded as "cool" and "macho."

As far as this WHOLE DISCUSSION being stupid, see my last post to Ed Avila as to how this SHOULD have been handled.

You KNOW locking a topic is gonna blow this whole thing out of proportion. Yet y'all go ahead and lock it anyway.

Who is the poster whose sig line defines "stupid"  -

Stupid - using the same methods, and expecting different results.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can't we just forget the stupid stuff that happens one day and go on to the next without carrying the prior day's baggage?

Forget it Jack,it's Chinatown![:)]
....from the movie Chinatown.
View Quote

Damn Ed, I loved that movie and remember that line !
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:52:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:06:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm NO LONGER a Mod Ed, becuase I've got the theory down, but am too opinionated to accomplish it in practice. So I VOLUNTARILY stepped down.

A point I've raised about certain OTHER mods if you recall.

You and goatboy seem to be the more level headed people. I'll defer to my superiors when they prove themselves to be better than me at a certain area.

Instead of throwing it in my face, you are in a position to take a PROVEN methodology, and implement it in this site.

If you really care about resolving this issue, THEN DO WHAT I'VE SUGGESTED, and make it POLICY for Mods.

If you just wanna throw my former time as a Mod in my face, well, misson accomplished. Take the afternoon off.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:58:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ease off on me Mark,I am not your adversary..... [:)]
View Quote

I'm cool.

I had a long conversation with Beekeeper.

I said it this way to him:

PRIVATELY HANDLING (thru IM) these things works, and gets the results you desire.

PUBLICLY LOCKING threads and getting up in posters faces get THIS thread. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

YOU choose.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[whacko]
View Quote

I think its kinda like a rock, paper, scissors thing.

The white car is superior IF the car is running over the black rifle, but the black rifle is superior if shooting the white car.

View Quote

I wouldn't know anything about white cars except that they sit in many driveways around my neighborhood.  Once, we owned a white car, but it was totaled by a black truck.  Since then, we've only owned black cars.  Somehow they're cheaper.  

Since then we've found that although more miserable in the summer months, black cars just look more bling bling shinier.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

DANG GMAN,
If you had moderated like that we never would have butted heads. I like your new attitude.

mike
View Quote

The soft spot / bruise in my head from butting heads with so many allowed some wisdom to seep in.

[BD]

garand(OlderWiserHopefully)man

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

(nervously replying...dont wanna piss-off EAsr)

Yes, we should do that. Just like the News Media...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
]

What is "Clinton-esque " is the inconsistency of making "racism" ONLY a "mean, evil white people hate wonderful innocent lovable black people" thing. The point I was making in my original post. A point all "reasonable people" (to use your terminology) should be able to see.

Also Clintonesque - NOT CONSISTENLY applying policies, where racism against blacks is verbotten, but racism against muslims is regarded as "cool" and "macho."

View Quote

I agree, although Clintonesque is not a good term; he would not even have a policy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top