Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2002 2:34:14 PM EDT
Hey guys, I have been messing around with DreamWeaver MX, and Fireworks MX. Finally taught myself how to make a decent looking button in Fireworks. I am trying to make a NavBar, with different buttons. I've got all my buttons made, and now I am trying to "assemble" the navbar. This is my problem. I'll open my first button, called Home, drag and drop it on to a new document, all fine and dandy. Then I open my next button, called Products, drag and drop that onto the new document, and it pastes itself as a clone of the HOME button. So I end up with 2 home buttons right next to each other. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? -Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:46:43 PM EDT
Have you sliced the images into the nav bar? That should. BTW, I love fireworks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:53:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:06:28 PM EDT
How do I slice the buttons into the navbar? I have just been dragging the buttons from one document to another, in effect making my navbar.. Is there anything else I need to hold while dragging? I am doing all the rollover effects in Fireworks too. Its a very powerfull program. -Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:12:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2002 3:29:33 PM EDT by PvtJoker]
Is there something I need to do to define this as a Navbar? Like I said, I've just been using an untitled document, and dragging my buttons in... I insert one of my buttons onto the document. Then I clone it, drag it over a bit, and it sets the slice. When I go to modify my new button, that I just cloned, it affects them both. It does this with the pre made buttons, or one I made. What am I missing? One of those things that is extremely frustrating. Thanks for your help guys. -Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT by ilikelegs]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:44:29 PM EDT
ilikelegs Its pretty hard to explain. I'll go into more detail. I really appreciate the help. I am doing all of this in the latest version of FireWorks, DW is not involved yet. I created a new document. I then chose Insert, New button, and went through all of the steps to creating the button. I then saved my button. I then opened a new document, and dragged my completed button on to the workspace. Then I select the button and clone it various times, so I have a row of buttons that all say "Home" They are all sliced by red lines. I then chose my second button and attepmt to modify it. When I do modify the text. It changes the text for all of the buttons I have on the workspace. Is there something I need to do to define this as a Navbar? I have been looking through various tutorials on the web, and been following them, but I am stuck here.. Any help is apprecieated, thanks. -Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:14:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2002 8:23:35 PM EDT by ilikelegs]
Top Top