Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 5:06:16 PM EDT
How come SOME FFLs in Minneapolis seems to have a stick up their ass?

Seriously...All I am doing is looking for a topfolding stock for my Mossberg pump. I started out asking if anybody had one. The first guy says , "Oh no, they're ILLEGAL for that." I tried to explain it was a pump, but he wouldnt hear anymore of it.

Second dealer said the same thing.

Third and fourth dealer wouldn't answer ANY questions about BATF regulations (one guy was a total prick, other guy would order one for me, but "thought" it might be illegal and should check w/ the BATF.

Fifth dealer damn-near through me out of his shop because I wanted him to let me look at the regulations he has from the BATF...guy was a TOTAL prick.

Don't get me wrong, I am a VERY nice person, very polite and decently groomed. I usually  only get the 'evil eye' when I purposefully try to piss someone off.

What gives? Are FFLs AFRAID to make a judgment call when BATF law comes into play??? I would think these guys know the laws VERY well and would be HAPPY to let you know what they are.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Because if the FFL gets it wrong:

1. They'll end up in a cage.
2. Their family will be shot.
3. Their house will be burned down.

Just another day in the freest nation on earth.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I once had a dealer tell me that you couldn't use a Knight Disc blackpowder rifle during Oklahomas primitive firearms season because they had been classified as modern firearms. I bet him the price of a new rifle that I could prove him wrong but he wouldn't take me up on it but still swore that he was right. The few dealers that act like this is one of the reasons a lot of the small shops are going out of business. Thank God the few small shops that are left around here are run by very knowledgeable and helpful people.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the one I have on my mossberg, its great, and this is a pretty good price.

[url]http://www.combatstocks.com/itemDetail.cfm?id=2[/url]

[img]www.combatstocks.com/images/TopFolder.jpg[/img]

[img]www.combatstocks.com/images/partsmap2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Mahabali,

Yes, that is the one I am aware of. Believe it or not, I was actually trying to keep my purchases local.

The one FFL that said he could order it wanted to charge me $149.00 for the stock you have shown. He was the only one that "kinda" didnt think it was a big deal.

By the way, I have been unable to find ANY BATF rules concerning a pump shotgum with a folder, pistol grip and 9-round magtube. Does anyone have the lowdown on this??? I know its a total no-no for a semiauto shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Its 100% completly legal on a pump shotgun, hey its $90 cheaper at this website.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
You can even put a flash supressor on it!! if you want!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top