Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2002 11:38:19 PM EDT
As John Ward used to say, "It's FOOTBALL time in Tennessee!!"

So who's gonna win it? Both pro & college.

In college I think the usual suspects will challenge: Neb., OK, FSU, etc. TN appears strong this year provided we can find a running back.

In NFL, I think it's clearly the Rams again in the NFC. On the AFC side I'm going with the Titans. Eddie George is healthy again & McNair became "Air" last year (finally). Look out for New England again, though.

Any thoughts on how Spurrior will do with the Redskins?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My perdictions (spelling mistakes are as intended) are as follows:

The University of Illinois Fighting Illini will go 12-0, out scoring their opponents by a 714 to 0 margin, and will win the national champions, naturally.  The heisman trophy voting will be split evenly between members of the whole team.

The Chambana Bears will take the NFL by storm.  By midseason they will give them the championship trophy as all other teams cower in fear, and beg for mercy.

That's about it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
My sig line says it all.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The University of Illinois Fighting Illini will go 12-0, out scoring their opponents by a 714 to 0 margin, and will win the national champions, naturally.  
That's about it.
View Quote

R U the former "Fighting Illini" guy????

I'm in football withdrawal. Doc says if I don't see some pigskin soon, appendages will start falling off.

UT WILL be in the Top 5 nationally. And Florida sucks (Gay-turdz that is).

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:07:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The University of Illinois Fighting Illini will go 12-0, out scoring their opponents by a 714 to 0 margin, and will win the national champions, naturally.  The heisman trophy voting will be split evenly between members of the whole team.

The Chambana Bears will take the NFL by storm.  By midseason they will give them the championship trophy as all other teams cower in fear, and beg for mercy.

That's about it.
View Quote

I live close to Champaign IL amd am a Bear Fan.
But your NUTS! [whacko]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Haha Tennessee and Illinois two teams that are

intimately familiar with the team to watch...............[b]LSU[/b]. Tn get ready for another ride, and I really don't think we'll be seeing Illinois down south any more,

Where we play real football.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Fall, my favorite time of the year.

[url]http://public.fotki.com/GeauxTiger/lsu_stuff/smack_talk_graphics/cry_illini.html[/url]

[url]http://public.fotki.com/GeauxTiger/lsu_stuff/smack_talk_graphics/au_lsus_bitch.html[/url]

[url]http://public.fotki.com/GeauxTiger/lsu_stuff/smack_talk_graphics/aggies_v_tigers.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#8]
LSU - the one hit wonder.

[:D]

[img]http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tenn/story_headline_photos/sports/m-footbl/a-helmets_mini.jpg[/img]

[img]http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/tenn/graphics/fbohead.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:23:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I know it ain't gonna happen, but GO COWBOYS!!! (And yes, I am a Dallas fan in Wisconsin...)
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:25:04 AM EDT
[#10]
[b]
Quoted:
LSU - the one hit wonder.[/b]

G-man two outta three, and a pile of dead roses

still hurts, don't it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#11]
The Tennessee Whiners!  Yeh, right!

Y'all know the champion team will come from Florida!

UF    We'll see???
FSU   Speed Kills!
Miami Bring it on, baby!
UCF   Finding their way
USF   Breakout year
FAMU  Division 1A finals!

But I'll be rooting for Troy State University, as they are the opponent for like 9 different homecomings, this year! [shock]

Go Trojans,,,,,,,,

You got to love a team who's fight song is "Dixie"

.... And man, do I hate that damned "Rocky Top" song.  If Tennessee fans could read, they'd come up with a new song.  But, I do like that flotilla, idea.  That is cool!  How much will Fulmer be crying about his players getting hit this year?

[flame]

Oh Yeh, GO BUCS!

What do you think about the new divisions?  No More Black and Blue Division!?  That sucks. I liked playing Da Bears, the CheeseHeads, Vikes, and Lions!  We'll miss that division, but now we get to play the Ain'ts, Atlanta, etc.  Should be less injuries,and we'll show them what the "old" division was all about!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Any thoughts on how Spurrior will do with the Redskins?
View Quote

I wouldn't count him out!  I remember his days coaching in the USFL here, and it was exciting!  He plays WIDE-A$$ED open style football.  He depends heavily on quarterback decision-making, though.  I don't know if those type QB's are still in the game.  Should be fun to watch.  I wouldn't expect TOO much this year yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I hope John Gruden can bring that type of excitement to our half-assed offense this year.  If the defense stays where it was last year, and our offense actually moves the ball, the Bucs have a chance.  If our defense plays 50 minutes, like usual, we will be mediocre again!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:
LSU - the one hit wonder.[/b]

G-man two outta three, and a pile of dead roses

still hurts, don't it.

View Quote

Tennessee and Florida have taken like 9 out of the last ten SEC titles. I know you guys are still ecstatic after all those years of being a bridesmaid, but the honeymoon is over, and now its time for LSU to return to obscurity.

head-to-head Tennessee vs. LSU???? BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go Vols.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How many National Championships do you have ?

The perfect season.
View Quote

Tennessee, 1998, National Champs, perfect season.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:00:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Legs -

Sooners are a great team with great history, no doubt.

last season had to be a REAL dissappointment for y'all. El foldo.

Tennessee actually went as far - maybe farther - than expected last year. But Tennessee has GOT to produce this year. Anything less than going to the big dance and playing for a national title will be a lackluster year for Tennessee.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

[b]head-to-head Tennessee vs. LSU???? BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/b]

Uh, We went head to head three times in the last two years......ya lost twice

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

If the Sooners played in the SEC they
wouldn't have any NC's and yes LSU has one.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[b]head-to-head Tennessee vs. LSU???? BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/b]

Uh, We went head to head three times in the last two years......ya lost twice

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

View Quote

That's the problem. You (and LSU ) have no sense of history.

So you won a couple of games. Big deal. Odds are, it was a fluke. Heck, Tennessee gave you teh SEC championship. PURE GIFT. You can crow about a gift if you want, but always remember who gave it to you.

Bottom line - Tennessee looks for a return to being National Champs. LSU wonders what the view is like from up there. And realizes they prolly won't get to see it this year either. [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
garandman,

I can see Tennessee and the Sooners in the Championship. How about that ?
If this does happen we should make a little ammo bet.

Those Florida teams will be put down this year.
View Quote

How about a 30 rounder, USGI????

How much ammo we talkin' about???
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I live close to Champaign IL amd am a Bear Fan.
But your NUTS! [whacko]
View Quote
What about his NUTS?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, yes, yes, It's almost time for football again. I love college ball. It brings back memories from a time that I perceived (however untrue) as being simpler and innocent.

Is anyone else disgusted with baseball?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't know, its just a thought.
What do you purpose ?
And a 30 USGI thrown in as well.
View Quote

How about JUST the 30 rd mag??

That way, I won't have to report my winnings to the IRS (deminimus rules).

[}:D]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#28]
[b]So you won a couple of games. Big deal. Odds are, it was a fluke. Heck, Tennessee gave you teh SEC championship. PURE GIFT. You can crow about a gift if you want, but always remember who gave it to you.[/b]

I don't know, I was there and those boys sure seemed to be trying real hard...let's see Phat Phil was about to catch a heart attack

Big J Henderson seemed pretty into it.

And Casey, well he was on his back a lot.

[rolleyes]

We are gonna have to agree to disa....despise each other.[sleep]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
let's see Phat Phil was about to catch a heart attack

Big J Henderson seemed pretty into it.
View Quote

Henderson was the ONLY Vol that showed up that game.  Since he doesn't play BOTH O and D, there's only so much of him to spread around.

There MUST be a "We Hate Tennessee" handbook out there that instructs its readers [b]"Whenever discussing football teams against a Vols fan, always attack Phil Fulmers weight. DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT, engage in any discussion about him being the winningest active NCAA coach."[/b]

Y'all are SOOOO predictable.

And Casey, well he was on his back a lot.

[rolleyes]
View Quote

He was just a kid. And his O line was out on jury duty, apparently. I have no problem admitting such.

We are gonna have to agree to disa....despise each other.[sleep]

View Quote

Feel free to despise us Vols. Those on the top usually do inspire that emotion in those who WISH to be at the top.

I would describe my emotion NOT as "despising" but more .....oh....."sympathetic" to LSU and her fans.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#31]
[b]G-man[/b]
Fall Fever Dude

[smoke]

You can keep your sympathy were doing just fine,
Remember: Never turn your back on a Tiger.

I'll revisit this topic with ya in early December.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
[b]G-man[/b]
Fall Fever Dude

[smoke]

You can keep your sympathy were doing just fine,
Remember: Never turn your back on a Tiger.

I'll revisit this topic with ya in early December.
View Quote

I'll look forward to it!!!!!

I LOVE college football, man!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#34]
btt
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Am I going to be the only voice for the Kansas State Wildcats?

They have been knocking on the door for several years and I think that this may be the year they kick it down!

Go Wildcats!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone else wondered about the UM player who's accused of breaking in a girls room & shitting in her closet? And she makes the claim 3 months after it happened? I wonder if she kept the evidence? >gg<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top