Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2001 6:52:44 PM EDT
I've been thinking about what to build on my lower that I have and I could use a little advice.  I was on Fulton Armory's web sight and saw their millennial upper.  Before I was going to do a Bushmaster M4 style upper but the idea of total reliablity sounds good.  The twist on the barrel is 1 in 12 and I don't know if that will work with 62gr bullets.  Any advice would be great.  Lars.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You can shoot 62 grain .223 bullets out of an AR15A1 barrel but accuracy will suffer.  The 62 grain bullets need a 1:9 or 1:7 twist barrel to give them enough spin to stabilize properly.  If you go with an A1 barrel use 55 grain bullets.  They will work well and you will save money since the 55 grain ammo is cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with the Bushy.  My Bushy M4 upper IS  totally reliable with everything I've fed it.  The 1 in 9 twist of the Bushy is more versatile than the 1 in 12 of the Fulton.  The Fulton upper is great if you're only going to shoot 40- and 55-grain bullets.  If you happen to get a Bushmaster upper that isn't totally reliable, they'll fix it so that it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top