Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2002 1:42:44 PM EDT
I would like to sell my 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus (Road Runner Clone) to get some more goodies.  It is a rust free, new paint, new 440 engine with all the goodies car.  Email for details and pics.  Located in Northern VA, will deliver within reason (10 MPG highway....)

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
How many miles on the rebuild? Is it built back to factory spec or more toward hot rod? Also approximately what are you looking to get for it?  Give me some more specifications/detials, the more the better.  I'll keep an ear out for people in this area who may be looking for something.  Any pics would help also.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey - while you two are "keeping ears open", if you hear of anyone that is restoring or is into 1970 Chargers, I have a SH*T load of 1970 Charger parts for sale. Fenders, doors, hoods, trunk lids, bumpers, interior parts, chrome, grills, tail lights, you name it! Some will be cheap, some won't (some stuff is RARE these days and commands a premium). Also, I may have a complete 1970 Charger R/T for sale, depending on if a currently interested buyer backs out. Car needs resto, but is complete and has no floor or frame rust (normal rear quarter rust). I also have engine parts, stock and race parts. I haven't decided if I'm getting out of cars altogether or just switching to `70 Cudas!
I'm located 40 minutes north of Baltimore.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to avoid this, as I can't post pics (Comcast web hosting SUX!), but...

~5K miles on rebuild
440 + 0.030" 10:1 CR
Heads shaved 0.015"
Holley 750 DP with externally adjustable Jets
Mopar M1 Dual Plane Intake
Comp Cams 0.509 cams
Hedman headers
Dual Exhaust
MSD 6AL ignition
727 TF Tranny
3200 Stall Boss Hog Converter
Hemi 5.0 kick down lever
TCI Manual Valve Body
Mopar Electronic Ignition (Have Uni-Lite to go with)
Currently 489 case 3.23 open rear (Have 741 (weak) case with 2.94 Sure Grip (Posi))
Paint is PPG TekBase in 99 Mustang Purple (closest thing to Plum Crazy in TekBase paint)
Paint is 2 years old and about 95%
Interior needs minor work, dash pad is cracked, and the cover I put on is cracked as well
New Upholstery
Monster Tach
Line Lock (locks front brakes to allow rear tires to warm up)
New Rear Leafs (Mopar XD)
Air Shocks
Power brakes (Disc Front, Drum Rear)
Power Steering

I am looking to get $9500, which is way less than I have in it (ALWAYS the case, isn't it???)

If you can host pics, I would appreciate it.  Again, Comcast web hosting SUX...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Gus...Ebay brother...Ebay!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gus...Ebay brother...Ebay!
View Quote

I'll do that on small parts, but the big stuff is another story! I would HATE to try to ship a 90+ lb Charger door!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Gus! I sold a friends Triumph motorcycle on Ebay for him and stated in the auction that "this item cannot be shipped and must be picked up!" The winning bidder drove from Va. to Pa. to pick up. You'd be surprised how well you would do with your "specialty" items.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I fowarded this thread to my brother he may be interested in a few things here.

Especially the Charger stuff!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am looking to get $9500, which is way less than I have in it (ALWAYS the case, isn't it???)
View Quote

Yeah, the only way to get back money you put in is in the fun factor. Sounds bad ass, I'll definitely ask around a bit.  
gus, don't know anyone with a '70 charger, but if I hear anything I'll pass it along.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Also on a Mopar note. I buy cars from a dealer auto auction here in AZ. This morning they had a 1970 Challenger with less than 10K on the OD, thats right less than ten thousand miles. It was hard to get next to the car, but it did have the 440 SixPac and auto trans. Color was red with white int. If anyone is interested I can find more info on the car. It didn't meet reserve at $18K.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Somehow I just can't get the mental picture of 'Joe Dirts' machine out of my mind in this thread!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#11]
gus:  "........I haven't decided if I'm getting out of cars altogether or just switching to `70 Cudas! "

As long as you stay away from Brand X...friends don't let friends drive chevies.  MOPAR or no car!  I'm partial to C bodies myself, currently have a '72 Town & Country family truckster (440, tow package) that is slated to get the Q-ship/sleeper treatment.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
gus:  "........I haven't decided if I'm getting out of cars altogether or just switching to `70 Cudas! "

As long as you stay away from Brand X...friends don't let friends drive chevies.  MOPAR or no car!  I'm partial to C bodies myself, currently have a '72 Town & Country family truckster (440, tow package) that is slated to get the Q-ship/sleeper treatment.
View Quote

Never will I switch! (At least when dealing with the old cars). Newer cars though, I can't tell what is good. To me they ALL suck.

C-bodies have a warm place in my heart. The first car I ever drove was my mom's 1972 Dodge Monaco. And in the early `90's, I lucked out and found a MINT 1971 New Yorker for, get this, $180. The old guy said the motor had a rod knocking. When I started it, it thumped once or twice and then was quiet. It turns out, it only had about half a quart of oil in it!!!! I filled it up, drove it home, and replaced the valve cover gaskets. That was one of the best cars I've ever owned!!!! I'm a musician and was in a band at the time - I could put my Marshall stack with both speaker cabinets, several guitars in cases, coolers, gear bags, suit cases, and every thing else I needed in the trunk with room to spare. With the front seat all the way back, the people in the back seat could not touch the back of the front seat with their feet! In a two door car! I could have mounted 12" woofers directly in the package shelf behind the back seat, but I didn't want to cut up the car. The A/C was almost TOO cold! The only down side was 10mpg.
Like an idiot, I sold it in 1995 for $2500. I've regretted it ever since. I still see it driving around Aberdeen, Md. on nice days.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also on a Mopar note. I buy cars from a dealer auto auction here in AZ. This morning they had a 1970 Challenger with less than 10K on the OD, thats right less than ten thousand miles. It was hard to get next to the car, but it did have the 440 SixPac and auto trans. Color was red with white int. If anyone is interested I can find more info on the car. It didn't meet reserve at $18K.
View Quote

I'd say if it's a 440-6 car, the price will be more ilke $40-45k with the low miles. Can you get pics?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#14]
gus: Re brand X "...Never will I switch! (At least when dealing with the old cars). Newer cars though, I can't tell what is good. To me they ALL suck."

Agreed.  I will admit that the first car that was 'mine' to drive was a Chevy but she was a '72 Vega, a car even GM has trouble admitting they produced.  They weren't bad little cars, the rust & oil burning aside.  Since they had a bad reputation (among the nonmechanically minded sheeple) they got to be downright cheap.  If I _had_ to drive a Chevy car I'd get another Vega just for the FU quality....BTW one of the only Fords I like is the Edsel (same FU reason).  A buddy of mine has a late model ('94ish) Dodge truck & even it is a POS compared to older Mopars.  

Re C bodies:  '72 Monaco & '71 New Yorker...hmmmmm  My senior yr 'graduation present' was a '72 New Yorker(4dr) that was slightly ratty (rusty rear quarters,etc).  Being a young punk she got 'customized' with loud stereo, safety orange painted undercarriage, 15x8 white wagon spoke wheels, Confederate flag plate, glasspacks, air horns & a plastic glow in the dark skull on the dash.  Low profile she wasn't.  But it sure was fun hearing the 440 sing thru the duals & the 2nd gear tire chirp under full throttle.  Never had trouble merging with traffic for some reason......  She actually would seat 9 if the 6 people in back were good friends (2 couples & 2 singles).  After killing a 2nd transmission & lacking the $$$$  to buy another (along with the fascist city busybodies pitching a fit about the 'junked car' in the driveway) I just gave her away....
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Here are some pics of Shamus375PA's car:

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FRR1%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FRR2%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FRR%5FEngine%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FRR%5FInterior%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
WOW, thanks for the pics, Gus!  I *WILL* figure out the Comcast webhosting riddle, I swear!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#17]
gus:  " Here are some pics of Shamus375PA's car:"  

She's totally sweet, & by sweet I mean cool!  Nice, but a bit small... [:)]  Is it just the pix or is that purple paint really that dark?  

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Those pics were taken in the shade, but it is pretty dark.  I can send some pics in the sunlight if you are interested.  Like I said, it is the same color as the 99 Mustangs...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top