Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2002 11:16:59 PM EDT
Anyone listen to Old School Gangsta Rap?

I dug out some of my old cds.....Eazy-E, N.W.A, etc. That is some funny shit. Talk about NOT BEING PC!!! I can't believe some of that stuff ever made it to the store shelves, I can guarantee you it would not in todays political climate.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/12.05.96/gifs/ice-t-9649.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/12.05.96/gifs/ice-t-9649.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Ah yes!

[url=http://www.coronerrecords.com]BODY COUNT[/url], one of my favorite bands.

I was awaiting their new CD but it looks like things fell through. They had reformed after their drummer "BeatMaster V" passed away from Leukemia and the bass player left.

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
damn I thought you were talking about Sublime.
oh well old school??? I found an old Too Short tape laying around my house the other day man that shit is funny
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Eazy-E="She got more crabs than a seafood platter."  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
2 live crew
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
[i]Anyone listen to Old School Gangsta Rap?[/i]

Hell, no! Not the New School either![:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#7]
NWA's 100 miles is the best rap song of all time.

Another classic is from Ez-Duz-It the one where Eazy and Ren are robbing the bank.  Ez goes to rape that chick and finds out shes a man.  That whole album is about as non-PC as you can get.

People not in the know called that Gangster Rap totally stupid they made fun of violence they didnt endorse it.  

Except for Ice-T and his cop killer crap.  He definitely sucked. I didnt like his music 10 years ago and I cant stand it today.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't believe some of that stuff ever made it to the store shelves, I can guarantee you it would not in todays political climate.
View Quote

word.

aint no PC sh!t wit us.

its keepin it REAL. knowahmsayin?

ni@@as been kicked too f@kin long - iss PAYBAK time knowahmsayin?

aint nothin wrong wit a brotha speakin the TRUTH!

we be f@ckin dem lilly-white, middle-class, wigger-whiteboyz N dey jus take it like da dumb little wiggerz dey iz knowahmsayin?

we B STILL representin N dare aint a muthaf@kkin thing dey gunna do bout it, knowahmsayin?.

PC is fo skinheads. dis is R time, knowahmsayin?

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I was a few weeks ago I did the same thing....  

We had some great parties with some of those tunes....  Some great cruise nights down "the ave" while setting off other people car alarms with my "system"  

I miss those days.. sortof...  hahaha

Talk about NOT BEING PC!!! I can't believe some of that stuff ever made it to the store shelves, I can guarantee you it would not in todays political climate.
View Quote

I will try my hardest to put together an unbiased view of rap in the statement below;

As far as PC, ummm, I am not sure if singing about "banging hoes" is considered PC or not but there is just as much of that in the new rap as there is in the older rap.  They still call eachother n@@@az as much as they did before, they still sing about AKs and Glocks, heck some even sing about .44s

Not much has changed really.. at least the stuff that I have heard

besides, Ice-T was nice enough to give a disclaimer on his ablum....

ATTENTION: You Are now listening to an Ice-T LP, If you are offended by words like &*#* *&@ *@&#&# @ (USE YOUR IMAGINATION HERE)  @*&*# *&#@ *&# @& @*@&*&@  take the tape out now.. This is not a POP album.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Ice also addressed the song to some very specific officers....a certain group in californistan that later had a lot of its members doing jail time------
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Old school or new school....I hate that sh't! (excuse my french).

Edited to say that Ice can speak French fluently.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ice also addressed the song to some very specific officers....a certain group in californistan that later had a lot of its members doing jail time------
View Quote

I remember that...  those same words were used by a few different rap albums after that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top