Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2002 2:23:11 PM EDT
After today’s news all eyes will be on Nuclear Power Plans on July 4th, on the lookout for  terrorist activity.  I get the feeling something will pop elsewhere.  I get the feeling there is a huge diversion going on here…  

-Your friendly former Combat Engineer.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
markl32,

I agree. The time to strike at a target would be when one least expects it. Everybody knows that security will always be heightened at large gatherings (superbowl, World Series, etc.) holidays, anniversaries of prior events, etc. Why would you plan a terrorist attack then? It's moronic. If it does happen, it will happen on some run of the mill weekday with no specific signifigance. 09/11 was an ordinary Tuesday with no signifigance.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It's just one more of the endless threats we've heard about.  If / when the next attack occurs I'm sure we won't hear anything about in advance.  We've had so many threats of terrorism and heightened alerts it's just of "yeah, ho hum" now.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
It wouldn't suprise me in the least if we don't get hit at all, although we should be ever vigilent. I would in fact meet my expectations if it happened in Europe or Israel.
And no this is not a , "IT WON'T HAPPEN HERE." Its just easier to hit overseas where people and things are closer and the end result would be the same.

Ben

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's just one more of the endless threats we've heard about.  If / when the next attack occurs I'm sure we won't hear anything about in advance.  We've had so many threats of terrorism and heightened alerts it's just of "yeah, ho hum" now.

View Quote

Good point.  I can not help but wonder if this is by design.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top