Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2002 10:49:48 AM EDT
get this crap... I have a Paypal account, and in it are my checking account info, and a credit card account. I bought an M1 from a guy on Gunbroker.com, and transferred funds to pay for it through PayPal. I did everything it would let me to make sure the payment come from my credit card account... but the bastards still withdrew the funds from my checking account!! It has caused me to bounce 3 checks, one of which was my rent! MOTHERFV&*R!!!! Has this happened to anyone else?? Did I goof up somehow?? M@
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:22:55 AM EDT
I believe you can select to use your CC or Checking account, before you send the payment. I only use my checking account there so I'm not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:44:38 AM EDT
if u want it to go from a CC u have to manualy select it each time u send the payment!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:04:04 PM EDT
When you send a payment and you have a checking account on file, they automatically deduct from your checking account because they make more money this way (no credit card fees). So when you send a payment, there is a "more funding options" link that you have to click-on to change it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:15:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M1QJ: Has this happened to anyone else?? Did I goof up somehow??
View Quote
Paypal doesn't do anything except exactly what you tell it. You obviously failed to select the correct Funding Option. Operator error. "What did you have for breakfast today?? A bowl of stupid???" [:P]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:18:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Steel_Rat:
Originally Posted By M1QJ: Has this happened to anyone else?? Did I goof up somehow??
View Quote
Paypal doesn't do anything except exactly what you tell it. You obviously failed to select the correct Funding Option. Operator error. "What did you have for breakfast today?? A bowl of stupid???" [:P]
View Quote
Hehehe... well, that was last week... I had waffles for breakfast! I am pretty sure I checked everything I could to make sure the payment wouldn't come from my bank account... But this was the first time I'd used PayPal after setting up my bank account, so I probably missed something. I dicked around with it for at least 20 minutes trying to make SURE it didn't withdraw from my bank account, specifically so it wouldn't cause my rent check to bounce. I'll have to be extra careful next time... the mistake is gonna cost me about $200 ugh.. My life is one big SNAFU
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:26:45 PM EDT
That screwed your perfectly good bargain didn't it!! Sounds like something that'd happen to me!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:54:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Steel_Rat:
View Quote
"What did you have for breakfast today?? A bowl of stupid???" [:P]
View Quote
LMFAO!! [:D] M1QJ: I'll give you the benefit that you did manually select CC as your funding opt. Check to see if your CC was declined, if that were to happen, the system will default to your primary fund source (Checking Account).
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:04:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M1QJ: get this crap... I have a Paypal account, and in it are my checking account info, and a credit card account. I bought an M1 from a guy on Gunbroker.com, and transferred funds to pay for it through PayPal. I did everything it would let me to make sure the payment come from my credit card account... but the bastards still withdrew the funds from my checking account!! It has caused me to bounce 3 checks, one of which was my rent! MOTHERFV&*R!!!! Has this happened to anyone else?? Did I goof up somehow?? M@
View Quote
I just got off the phone with Paypal as I have been trying to purchase a firearm from someone here for a couple of days now and have been unable to use a CC on my paypal account. This is what the woman from paypall said: [b]Every transaction has a score based on certain criteria and that if a transaction does not meet the score required for a credit card transaction then you could not use your credit card. I asked why the transaction did not meet the score and the woman could not tell why any one transaction would meet the score and one would not. I asked if there was a way to boost the score and the woman said she herself was unfamiliar with what the criteria were and there was not a way to boost the score in any event. [/b] And I thought it was just me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:07:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:08:29 PM EDT
Everyone seems to hate PayPal. Never knew why until they tapped my checking account twice instead of once. They corrected the mistake, but not before their error made a check bounce AND got I hit with fees for having a negative balance.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:09:36 PM EDT
Also, I mentioned that I had in fact been able to use my cc on other paypal transactions with no problem, so why not this time? She said that sometimes I would be able to and sometimes not based on if the score was met by the transaction criteria. Um, OK.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:15:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:34:32 PM EDT
what ever you do don't forget your log in info.!!!!!.I am still trying to get it straihtened out!!fuckfuck fuck fuck!!!!
Top Top