User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 5:17:04 PM EDT
just a heads up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yawn
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
My mothers, sisters, husband (George Crowe) was the general in charge of the National Guard at the time (at least that is what the family tells me).

He REALLY wanted to know who yelled "fire". He ordered the acustic study to try to locate an aproximate position of the person. But the technology wasn't there. Also they found that the way the buildings were, the echo was incrediable, no real way to find the person.

This was a real black eye for his military career, shame. He really is a nice guy.

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll let you in on a little secret:

The protesters lost.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You can't really tell from the video, but it didn't look like a raging mob to me.  Did one person fire and then everyone started to fire?  Either way it was a very sad thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll let you in on a little secret:

The protesters lost.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
View Quote

No, this country lost:
- needless to say, it didn't do the protestors any good
- surley didn't do the war effort any either
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If any of you watched it, it was footage shot from a dorm, there wasn't a raging crowd, but you also can't see ANYTHING, the little black blobs that they said were the national guard could have been rabbits, I think it was really a streach to make any conclusions from it..
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I was listening to the reply of the rifles.  I was wondering if the NG all started firing at the same time or if one person panicked and started the whole thing.  It was very difficult to determine anything from that video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top