Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 8:49:36 AM EDT
No, not the movie.  Can someone tell me how to reduce the Kb size of a pic.  I reduced the jpeg to 175x95 but it's still 28Kb.  Confused.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Been wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Upload it anyway and see what happens. I'm pretty sure I've uploaded avatars bigger than the limits before, on more than one forum.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
if you're using a recent version of Photoshop, there is a Save for Web feature that makes it easy.

Essentially, you need more compression to make it smaller in file size. This also reduces the quality.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
You need to re-size and re-compress it, not just re-size it.  I use a free utility called paint.net that allows you to select the quality (compression) when you save a file as a .jpg

It will dynamically update the file size as you change quality level.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I use Gimp to edit images.  It's like photoshop but free.

When you save the file as a .jpg from Gimp there is a quality slider bar.  Incrementally reduce the quality and save until you get the size you want.  (in this case 19.9kb)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank goodness for Photobucket!

Whatcha' think?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top