Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 4:35:31 AM EDT
I don't know what in the hell my wife did, but my address bar is completely gone and nothing I do can get it to come back. If I right click and check address bar then the word address pops up on the upper right, but there is no bar and I can't move it around until the bar is expanded.

What the f*ck did she do? Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it? She knows just about nothing about computers and says she didn't do anything, but it was there until she used it. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Take the pointer to the bottom of the screen and left click and try to grab the top edge of the task bar and pull it up.

If you can't get that to work, slide the cursor all the way to the bottom of the desktop and try right clicking to get the Task Bar properties
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
No, it's not the task bar. I'm talking about the actual address bar where I type in the address that I want to go. eg. www.ar15.com

The space where I type in the address is gone. The word "address" is sitting on the upper right side of the page, but there is no "box" for me to type in. No amount of trying to grab or move anything around is working. I'm at a loss.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
That will teach me to pay more attention.

I'll assume you turned off the address bar and turned it back on?  Still the same?

Only other think I can think of is to try grabbing it and dragging it to another location, see if you can get the box.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No, it's not the task bar. I'm talking about the actual address bar where I type in the address that I want to go. eg. www.ar15.com

The space where I type in the address is gone. The word "address" is sitting on the upper right side of the page, but there is no "box" for me to type in. No amount of trying to grab or move anything around is working. I'm at a loss.....
View Quote

You should have another tool bar next to the address board (Links, perhaps), with a vertical bar on the left side.  Click it and drag it to the right.

the_reject

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

This right here was the key. Now I've got everything moved back to where it was supposed to be.

I messed with it for about two hours last night and got frustrated. Seem about right for someone who spends more than half of their work time on a computer, huh?

My wife owes yall one, becuase if I couldn't get it fixed this morning she was going to have to call Microsoft and sit here until it was back to normal. [:)]

Thanks again guys.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Now that you have the bars where they are, I would lock the toolbars again.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:02:17 AM EDT
[#7]
No prob, Ponyboy.  I do this for a living.  [:)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
the "Lock Toolbars" feature is nice, it prevents (or so MS thought) calls about disappering or moving toolbars and startbars ;)

i think his wife did it on purpose... how else could it vanish AND lock toolbars get turned on? I tell you women are sneaky, tricky critters... but we cant get enought of them.

I do pc support for a living as well. first think i thought of.. Locks. good catch reject.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top