Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 4:13:32 PM EDT
First let me say I don't believe in any supernatural crap. But I cannot discount what seems to be much more than coincidence.

Almost all my life things have just "worked out", even the complicated, unlikely stuff. Not everything, I never won the lotto and don't have a gold plated Lexus, but the really important things have always "just happened." Kinda a charmed life thing, I guess.

Now here is the spooky part, "other things" also happen like clockwork. No one who has ever crossed me in a seriously bad way has ever fared well. Several come to mind but the ones that freaked me even then are as follows:

In high school a kid tried to backdoor me and play for my girlfriend. Told her a bunch of lies, etc. Later the same month he took off two fingers in shop class. They were sewn back on, but still.

Year later me and a couple buddies got jumped by some drunks in their 20s. We took some pretty hard knocks. That summer the one who laid into me lost both legs in a motorcycle accident.

And several other examples far less dramatic or severe. Guys who were dicks to me when I was young ended up bums or had loser jobs, etc. I actually cannot think of a single person who ever really messed with me (there weren't a lot), who ended up ok.

Also, I don't believe in God. And why the hell would he help me anyway while good Christians suffer?

Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You're just blessed. [:)]

Now, with your FFL, the profits are yours for the taking.[;)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I could tell you some tales like yours as well... I've always figured that the Universe balances out the ledger in time... sort of a 'live by the sword, die by the sword', 'evil brings evil' type of thing...

Or... maybe some of us are just really lucky?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Gee, i'm affraid to give my opinion of you now.

i might lose an arm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
MarkM,

You beat me to it!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
There are people praying for you!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gee, i'm affraid to give my opinion of you now.

i might lose an arm.
View Quote

Nahh, if that were true a LOT of people would be toast.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Steyr:

I have seen this before, but not on a level that you describe.  It's just the Universe cashing in on accounts owing.  The poor behavior/nastiness/evil put out by these people all build up negative energy...when that cannot be contained, it has to balance itself on the owner.  Seems by coincidence that these fools have elected to get "cut off," so to speak.

I hope I don't sound like a hippie or anything.  It's just the easiest way for me to understand it, so I thought I'd pass it along.

-White Horse

"These aren't the 'droids you're looking for..."
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
It is call the ying-yang.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Steyr:

I have seen this before, but not on a level that you describe.  It's just the Universe cashing in on accounts owing.  The poor behavior/nastiness/evil put out by these people all build up negative energy...when that cannot be contained, it has to balance itself on the owner.  Seems by coincidence that these fools have elected to get "cut off," so to speak.

I hope I don't sound like a hippie or anything.  It's just the easiest way for me to understand it, so I thought I'd pass it along.

-White Horse

"These aren't the 'droids you're looking for..."
View Quote

Don't worry some of us "non-hippies" have also read the Tao Te Ching.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I have experienced similar things, though not quite to that extent. Although raised catholic, I'm unsure about the existence of God, but I believe in poetic justice. I've seen it happen.

It's all about this....

"What Goes Around, Comes Around."

It must be an unwritten law of the universe or something. If you think about it, you can most likely come up with your own examples.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe you can go talk to the Palestinians?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#14]
it's called KARMA.  What goes around, comes around.  You must be a good hearted person by nature and those other people must have been real dickheads to you and prolly everyone else they crossed paths with.  Therefore, good things have and will continue to happen to you and for you and the bad things seemed to have already happened to the dickheads with which you crossed swords.  That's kinda the way I remember hearing it's suppose to happen anyway.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The universe has a remarkably fair system of checks and balances.   Those who act badly will find that it will catch up to them.

The Grim Reaper travels the world, watching people. Darwin is his best friend and usually tags along.  And their mutual friend Murphy is sometimes there, too, just to keep things interesting.   They represent the forces that seem to guide the consequences of our actions.

I've found that I have a great knack for getting exactly what I want...but eventually I figured out that this occurs primarily because I then keep my eyes open for opportunities that will lead me to what I desire.

You don't get what you're not looking for.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
CM - you wouldn't be speaking of the infamous Darwin Awards type of individuals, would you? The gene pool definitely needs to be reduced!

Also keep in mind the old saying "I'm not 'bad' - but 'the bad' don't mess with me" - has a karma all its own. Keep living your life as you have been - sounds like things are 'aligned' for you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Try explaining all this ying-yang, universal justice BS to some Afghastani mother holding a six month-old victim of an earthquake!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#20]
All that stuff I said about you being a foxtrot echo delta was meant in a good way!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No one who has ever crossed me in a seriously bad way has ever fared well.
View Quote

I take back every bad thing I ever said about you. [:D]

Also, I don't believe in God. And why the hell would he help me anyway while good Christians suffer?
View Quote

Why should God help you when others suffer?

Why not?

As he passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, [u]but that the works of God might be made manifest in him.[/u]"
~ John 9:1-3

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#22]
There were a good number of people I didn't get along with. BUt there were these two loosers that thought they were bad asses. We had some of the same friends but they always had an attitude towards me and I never backed down. I always hoped that someway down the road I would be able to just treat them like the scum they were. I never got the chance, in a six month period about 2 years after I graduated they both died. Different states driving the same kind of car, head on collision with semis. I can't say I felt too bad about it.

I would generally believe it to be attributed to real a$$holes are always a$$holes and somehow they get what they deserve. Most a$$holes have other bad habits that contribute to their demises, ohh well thats what they deserve.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#23]
My only problem is that I've moved around so much, I haven't been able to stand and watch when the jackasses who ate my lunch in the past T-boned a Texaco tanker truck.

I just have to trust that it happened, I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top