Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2002 6:50:46 PM EDT
Anyone know where you can buy crazy 12 ga shells. (dragons breath, rubber bullets, fletchettes)? I had a catalog from a company called blammo ammo once. Can't find them on the web.

I'd like to order some fletchettes to have ready for any midnight intruders.
Know where I can get some?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the link.

what would be a good 12ga round for killing someone without having the blast hit someone in the next apartment?

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone ever seen one of the "dragon's breath" shells fired? Can't be good for your gun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://www.allpurposeammo.com/shop/img/12dbinuse.jpg[/img]

yep, that looks pretty bad ass. you'd have to pump me full of michelob before I'd be willing to jack the lever on one of those though.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd crap myself if someone shot that at me. I've got a bit of drywall sitting around at home. maybe a little experement is in order. find out how many layers buckshot will go through. and 9mm hollow points.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
#4 buck in 2-3/4" if you can find it - it's a nearly ideal round for home defence.  If you have long hallways, look for it to be "buffered" - where the use ground polystyrene, sawdust, or something similar.  The "buffering" works well for keeping the pattern under control (anything to fill the gaps well will work - I have handloaded 12ga shot loads (large shot!) and dripped paraffin from a candle into the spaces between pellets.  Stack in layers, and drip molten wax in between for a solid column.  The buffering blasts loose shortly after the charge exits the muzzle (even parrafin!) and leaves you with a tighter pattern.

How does it work?  Easy - by filling the spaces between the pellets, you prevent them bouncing against each other.  You also help prevent the pellets deforming when they bounce, allowing them to fly true.

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
[url] www.garysguns.com/exotic.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.allpurposeammo.com/shop/img/12dbinuse.jpg[/img]

yep, that looks pretty bad ass. you'd have to pump me full of michelob before I'd be willing to jack the lever on one of those though.

View Quote

Hell, I'd buy the mich's just to see you do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top