Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 4:42:33 PM EDT
Is there a know issue with IM's being deleted?  I sent an IM to someone a couple weeks ago and they responded.  No record of either message exists????  I figured it was a fluke or maybe some forum glitch.  
I sent a message to someone else a day or two ago.  They replied but I didn't have tim e to thoroughly read their response.  Tonight I tried to go back in and read it and there's only one IM in my inbox.  So now that's 2 that should be in my Inbox and 2 that should be in my Sent/outbox that have completely vanished.
And I am certain I never deleted them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
anybody?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but isn't this the section of the forums for Tech support of the boards?  Does anyone actually moderate here and answer questions????

I think I finally figured out waht was going on.  So when you get an IM and read it, it automatically goes into the trash?  You mean you have to choose save if you want to keep it?  
What kind of nonsense is that?
So now that I have lost 2 or three IM's that people have sent me I have to go back in and post questions that probably have already been asked only to get some forum troll tell me to use the search button.
Sorry for the rant but I joined here some time ago and it seems the forum has not had any improvements in that time.  I am a member of several other boards (not AR related) that constantly get some kind of upgrade or improvemnets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top