Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2000 8:08:06 PM EDT
[:(!]Oh, I think I found something that is really starting to irratate me on this new site.

When I go in to read a thread with new posts... the web page jumps to the bottom to the last entry.

I personally find that irratating. I like the old way of having to manually scroll [i]down[/i] through the posts, so I can skim read and refresh my memory. I don't like having to scroll [i]up[/i] then [i]back down[/i].
Link Posted: 12/22/2000 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree, but, I think what it is doing is jumping down to the banner link at the bottom of the page ;o)

[sniper]
Link Posted: 12/23/2000 4:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, I can´t confirm this...
What browser do you have?
Link Posted: 12/23/2000 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I am running Win2K with IE 5.50.4134.0600

You can see this just by the URL you get when you enter a thread with new posts.

Take this thread for example...
http://www.ar15.com:1111/forums/topic.html?id=337#lastPost

Will take you to the "lastPost"

But remove the "lastPost" it works like it should be (in my opinion)

Example:
http://www.ar15.com:1111/forums/topic.html?id=337

It is driving me up the wall. Is there anyway to toggle this setting via my profile? I know some people like it, but I don't!
Link Posted: 12/23/2000 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
You can see this just by the URL you get when you enter a thread with new posts.
View Quote

Yes, you are right. In fact it´s the same here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top