Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking for someone who can improve a part that I already have created in Tinkercad.  It's an ammo tray which holds 70 rounds, but there's a lot of wasted space. There may be enough space for another 5 or 10 rounds to be held if the compartments are crammed together better, but i'm not as competent with CAD to do this.  Anyone willing to lend a helping hand?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:34:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jdude] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By saturnsport8k:
I'm looking for someone who can improve a part that I already have created in Tinkercad.  It's an ammo tray which holds 70 rounds, but there's a lot of wasted space. There may be enough space for another 5 or 10 rounds to be held if the compartments are crammed together better, but i'm not as competent with CAD to do this.  Anyone willing to lend a helping hand?
View Quote

@saturnsport8k
Can you export the file as an STL? I will take a look at it

What printer do you have? Can I alter exterior dimensions or only internal dimensions?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jdude:

@saturnsport8k
Can you export the file as an STL? I will take a look at it

What printer do you have? Can I alter exterior dimensions or only internal dimensions?
View Quote

@Jdude

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, i have it exported as an STL. Message me with where you want it sent.

I have an Ender 3; exterior dimensions have a little play to give, but since it fits inside an ammo can, the changes are mostly going to be the internal dimensions that can be adjusted.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:59:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jdude] [#4]
PM sent
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
@saturnsport8k

A 76 hole version is in your email. The hole dividers are 1mm thick. Your printer most likely has a .4 mm nozzle. Your slider will create either 2 or 3 layer walls between each hole that will measure between 0.8 and 1.2 mm. This should be fine. Each square is 10mm wide to account for the different extruder sizes. Let me know how it works!
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Since I have absolutely no cad skills I want to ask if someone could help me modify a part? What I have is a box for printer control board. It has two mounting tabs on its side for mounting to the Z axis extrusion. They might be strong enough but I would like to add a 3rd mount on the bottom.
View Quote

Do you have dimensions of what you need added and where?

Send me a PM. I should be able to draft this up if you have an STL.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:58:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperPredator] [#7]
@saturnsport8k

A 76 hole version is in your email. The hole dividers are 1mm thick. Your printer most likely has a .4 mm nozzle. Your slider will create either 2 or 3 layer walls between each hole that will measure between 0.8 and 1.2 mm. This should be fine. Each square is 10mm wide to account for the different extruder sizes. Let me know how it works!
View Quote

Works better and prints more efficiently than my version!! Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Since I have absolutely no cad skills I want to ask if someone could help me modify a part? What I have is a box for printer control board. It has two mounting tabs on its side for mounting to the Z axis extrusion. They might be strong enough but I would like to add a 3rd mount on the bottom.

PM sent
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:05:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperPredator] [#9]
Design request!

I’m about to take a flight and plan to take my carry pistol with me. I plan to carry no more than 10 rounds since I carry a P938.

I need an ammo box, preferably hinged, as small and low profile as possible (obviously no taller than a standard box of ammo), that can carry up to 10 rounds of 9mm, with bold “TSA COMPLIANT” on the lid. Two rows of five is fine.

All existing ammo box designs on thingiverse hold 50 rounds. I’m not carrying that much, so it’s wasted space in the lockbox. None of them say TSA compliant on them.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
I'll see if I can whip something up quick on the morning. I would do snap tabs instead of a hinge though, unless you had a metal rod for the axle.
View Quote

Thanks for the help! Check out the hinge system on this; this is kinda what I have in mind. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2166920
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:25:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#13]
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone give me a idea on the cost for a cover such as these?

Icom 705 cage Version 1

VS  

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4632481 Version 2

VS

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835269 3rd option

Link Posted: 7/16/2021 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]
@saturnsport8k

I have a first version printing now, 3.5 hour print, using PETG.

I know you were interested in the printed hinge, but there are a few issues with using one in this design:
  • The first issue is you would want to split the case down the middle, so both top and bottom of the case print on the bed, not a MASSIVE support block. To make this happen, you either need to make the rounds really loose in their cells OR make it single row. Neither is ideal.
  • Also, printed hinges like that can be finicky to design and your printer needs to be up to snuff (calibration of the printer and settings calibrated for your filament) or it will be fused. I don't have a ton of time to CAD and iterate this working with you, and it sounds like you are in a bit of a crunch for time as well.
Basically, tabs are fast and reliable without much trouble.  

ETA: Here is a screenshot

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165887/tsa-2015328.jpg

I went with not a square box for a couple reasons:
Boxes snag
Boxes are boring

If you hate it, let me know.
View Quote

This is dope!!! I can’t wait to print it! Perfect!

I also print in PETG, so that helps to know the settings

Great job my man!
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#17]
@saturnsport8k

I have a first version printing now, 3.5 hour print, using PETG.

I know you were interested in the printed hinge, but there are a few issues with using one in this design:
  • The first issue is you would want to split the case down the middle, so both top and bottom of the case print on the bed, not a MASSIVE support block. To make this happen, you either need to make the rounds really loose in their cells OR make it single row. Neither is ideal.
  • Also, printed hinges like that can be finicky to design and your printer needs to be up to snuff (calibration of the printer and settings calibrated for your filament) or it will be fused. I don't have a ton of time to CAD and iterate this working with you, and it sounds like you are in a bit of a crunch for time as well.
Basically, tabs are fast and reliable without much trouble.  

ETA: Here is a screenshot

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165887/tsa-2015328.jpg

I went with not a square box for a couple reasons:
Boxes snag
Boxes are boring

If you hate it, let me know.
View Quote

The first draft is printed, and it works! Now to do the cap, and then both in a finer print. Thanks again!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#19]
You bet. I see what you mean about that petg you use
View Quote

Curious...could you have designed a clamshell that was hinged (negating the cons on CAD time, etc) in which the ammo laid on their sides, and printed both upper and lower clams on the bed? I'm not hip to TSA compliance criteria.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:50:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperPredator] [#21]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#22]

I'm not hip to TSA compliance criteria.
View Quote

Other than Ammo being out of the gun/magazine and in a separate container, there is none. It is advised that you carry it in its original box. But they are so inept, that you can slap “TSA compliant” on anything and they give it a thumbs up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a request for a couple project boxes to be printed. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4430174

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Testing the waters here. Does anyone want to take a sketch and print a small fake button panel for a project I have. It’s like 2-3/4”x2-3/4”x1/8”ish.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Design request, if someone could please help me out with this, please. Should be a "simple" design, I believe, but apparently I'm too stoopid to figger  it out . I can print it myself if someone would be kind enough to work out the .stl for me
My dad has asked me to print him an adapter to "put a square peg in a round hole", so to speak. He wants to hook up a shop vac to his planer to collect the chips.

This is the planer outlet:

Measurements are 2 5/16" tall, 2 1/4" wide, 1 1/16" deep (OD measurements)
Want to connect it to this hose:
OD is 1 3/4"

Was thinking of something along these lines, but open to other suggestions: Rigid Planer Exhaust

Here is the info if that helps:

He lives in another state and I don't have access to the parts, so some looser tolerances may be better than tighter.

Thanks in advance for the help if you can

Popov

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:09:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#27]
Originally Posted By Popov:
Design request, if someone could please help me out with this, please. Should be a "simple" design, I believe, but apparently I'm too stoopid to figger  it out . I can print it myself if someone would be kind enough to work out the .stl for me
My dad has asked me to print him an adapter to "put a square peg in a round hole", so to speak. He wants to hook up a shop vac to his planer to collect the chips.

https://i.imgur.com/7FaO3Bm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ag8kLAK.jpgOD is 1 3/4"

Was thinking of something along these lines, but open to other suggestions: Rigid Planer Exhaust

https://i.imgur.com/eHZNUCK.jpg

He lives in another state and I don't have access to the parts, so some looser tolerances may be better than tighter.

Popov

View Quote

@Popov

Do you want it angled like the sample?

Can he do fit/finish work? You can adjust tolerances a bit but ultimately I assume you want a snug fit.

What material do you plan on printing it with? Would 1/8" shell thickness suffice or do you want it thicker?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#28]

@Popov

Can he do fit/finish work? You can adjust tolerances a bit but ultimately I assume you want a snug fit.

What material do you plan on printing it with? Would 1/8" shell thickness suffice or do you want it thicker?
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/7FaO3Bm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ag8kLAK.jpgOD is 1 3/4"

https://i.imgur.com/eHZNUCK.jpg

Popov

@Popov

@-Obsessed-

I don't think straight or angled should make a difference.

Yes, he can do any finish work needed. Material will be eSun PLA Pro.  Whatever you think on the shell, I don't really have the experience to know.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jdude] [#29]
Originally Posted By Dodge223:
Testing the waters here. Does anyone want to take a sketch and print a small fake button panel for a project I have. It’s like 2-3/4”x2-3/4”x1/8”ish.
View Quote

I can do ABS in a handful of colors. What is the object? Do you have specific dimensions?

Email me the image at my username at AR15.com and I'll take a whack at it.

@Dodge223
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#30]
@Kirk-A3

Originally Posted By Kirk-A3:
MPA produces a mag Shute for the BA Lite chassis to ease the insertion of the 22LR magazine.  The problem is, I run a CZ 455 in .17 HMR.  The shute would need to be extended in the rear to accommodate the length of the.17 mag. Should be an easy print, and I have actually contacted MPA and received permission to print one as they have no interest in providing this accessory.  This is what I'm looking for but in the .17HMR or .22 Magnum magazine length. I have the Shute for the .22LR that I can send for use as a scan.
https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-cz455-ba-lite-magwell-insert/
View Quote

That's an easy print, the problem is generating an STL. Do you have product dimensions?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kirk-A3] [#31]
@Jdude

I can get measurements or send the .22lr version to be adjusted for .17 if that is best. Just let me know.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Looking to have one or two of these phone mounts printed in black for my truck. Thanks in advance!

https://3dmixers.com/m/102220-20mm-pop-socket-ram-mount
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#33]

I can do ABS in a handful of colors. What is the object? Do you have specific dimensions?

Email me the image at my username at AR15.com and I'll take a whack at it.

@Dodge223
View Quote

Inbound
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:10:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#34]
@-Obsessed-

Yes, he can do any finish work needed. Material will be eSun PLA Pro.  Whatever you think on the shell, I don't really have the experience to know.
Thanks!
View Quote

@Popov

IM me your email address. I have your STLs ready.

Made you two of them...one straight, one angled 15º

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#35]

@Popov

Made you two of them...one straight, one angled 15

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Straight_png-2082259.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/angled_png-2082260.JPG
View All Quotes
@-Obsessed-

Thanks!

@Popov

Made you two of them...one straight, one angled 15

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Straight_png-2082259.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/angled_png-2082260.JPG
@-Obsessed-

Thanks! Sending PM now.

Per your previous PM, the measurements are good... as far as I know. I don't have access to the equipment. I'll do a test print to give him and let him try it out.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tao] [#36]
Is anyone willing to draw up a Zhuhkov Tailhook adapter? I only need the files, I can print it myself.

It looks super straightforward. I can take my Zhukov stock apart and give you detailed measurements.

It would just be the inside slider part, and the end the appropriate diameter for a Tailhook, which as I understand is just a standard AR stock tube.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Tao:
Is anyone willing to draw up a Zhuhkov Tailhook adapter? I only need the files, I can print it myself.

It looks super straightforward. I can take my Zhukov stock apart and give you detailed measurements.

It would just be the inside slider part, and the end the appropriate diameter for a Tailhook, which as I understand is just a standard AR stock tube.

https://i.imgur.com/1PxSDL2.jpg
View Quote

Is that a pic of what you need? I have no idea what a tailhook adapter is.

Post up a drawing with dimensions and I can give it a whirl.  Super busy these days but one of the ways I unwind is in SolidWorks. I'm weird like that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ReaperBJJ:
Looking to have one or two of these phone mounts printed in black for my truck. Thanks in advance!

https://3dmixers.com/m/102220-20mm-pop-socket-ram-mount
View Quote

I can do that. Do you want it made of PTEG or carbon fiber nylon?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Would anyone be willing to provide me with a stl file for the piece in this picture? I'd be willing to take all the measurements, or mail the piece to someone to measure themselves. I cannot get Fusion 360 to run on the computer I'm using and I'd love to get a printed version on my chainsaw.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#40]
Originally Posted By HMCS:
Would anyone be willing to provide me with a stl file for the piece in this picture? I'd be willing to take all the measurements, or mail the piece to someone to measure themselves. I cannot get Fusion 360 to run on the computer I'm using and I'd love to get a printed version on my chainsaw.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246790/IMG_20210927_083505947_jpg-2107798.JPG
View Quote

Send me all the measurements. I can do it.

Just a heads up that looks like a really thin wall...get a measurement there too and try to get me an understanding oftolerances around that area.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Send me all the measurements. I can do it.

Just a heads up that looks like a really thin wall...get a measurement there too and try to get me an understanding oftolerances around that area.
View Quote

I'll measure it all this evening and send you a PM. Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I elongated the bolt holes on my sketch as it would bet better to have some side to side movement.

I know my measurements are bad, if you need something specific I'll try and get it more specific.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#43]
I printed this STL for loading 6.5 Creedmoor. I was hoping someone could modify this one for me to use with 10mm (I'm using 800x and that stuff is like cornflakes...and I'd also like to try to keep it consistent as to the look ).

Ideally, the holes would be modified to be slightly smaller and the 6.5 Creedmoor text replaced with 10mm.

I took some measurements to hopefully make things easier.

The holes currently measure .478 (with my calipers). The 6.5 Creedmoor dimensions at the case head are .468 with a difference of .010. 10mm dimensions at the case head are .425. Thus the new holes should be .435 (.010 difference).

If anyone is able to tackle this...I'd be grateful. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 1:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#44]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246790/IMG_20210928_090547078_jpg-2109009.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246790/IMG_20210928_090557265_jpg-2109013.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246790/IMG_20210928_090858017_jpg-2109014.JPG
I elongated the bolt holes on my sketch as it would bet better to have some side to side movement.

I know my measurements are bad, if you need something specific I'll try and get it more specific.
View Quote

[snip]...

@HMCS

Let me know if this helps clarify...
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#45]
Originally Posted By SuperMoose:
I printed this STL for loading 6.5 Creedmoor. I was hoping someone could modify this one for me to use with 10mm (I'm using 800x and that stuff is like cornflakes...and I'd also like to try to keep it consistent as to the look ).

Ideally, the holes would be modified to be slightly smaller and the 6.5 Creedmoor text replaced with 10mm.

I took some measurements to hopefully make things easier.

The holes currently measure .478 (with my calipers). The 6.5 Creedmoor dimensions at the case head are .468 with a difference of .010. 10mm dimensions at the case head are .425. Thus the new holes should be .435 (.010 difference).

If anyone is able to tackle this...I'd be grateful. Thanks!
View Quote

@SuperMoose

Done. Let me know what you think.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Good Luck with 800-X.  It is awesome stuff, but man...the way it meters.

I literally bought an Autotrickler just for it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#46]

@SuperMoose

Done. Let me know what you think.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/10mm_Auto_Reloading_Tray_Remix_Pic_jpg-2109382.JPG

ETA: Good Luck with 800-X.  It is awesome stuff, but man...the way it meters.

I literally bought an Autotrickler just for it.

View Quote

Thanks @-Obsessed-

800x...yea I know. It's been about 4 years or so since I loaded it last. I have a Lee Perfect Powder Measure that my old boss gave to me (managed an FFL) that I used when I last loaded 10mm. It was fairly accurate, but I want to start playing with the real top end loads...Not willing to risk that by throwing powder that way.

This will go on the printer sometime tomorrow when the current print is finished. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#47]

[snip]...

@HMCS

Let me know if this helps clarify...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Clarifying_Pic_jpg-2109420.JPG
View Quote

Red= 13mm wide
Yellow= 3mm
Green= A
Blue= The hole is currently 5.1mm diameter for a bolt. Ideally it would be a slot to accommodate bolts of variable distance. The sides of the opening would begin 2mm from either side. Im sorry I cannot explain this better. Essentially it will fit on top of a range of carbs with different stud spacing.
I'm standing by if you need any other information.  Thanks a ton for you help and patience.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Red= 13mm wide
Yellow= 3mm
Green= A
Blue= The hole is currently 5.1mm diameter for a bolt. Ideally it would be a slot to accommodate bolts of variable distance. The sides of the opening would begin 2mm from either side. Im sorry I cannot explain this better. Essentially it will fit on top of a range of carbs with different stud spacing.
I'm standing by if you need any other information.  Thanks a ton for you help and patience.
View Quote

Okay I think I have what I need. I'll take a crack at it tonight. Should only take me fifteen minutes to crank out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#49]

Okay I think I have what I need. I'll take a crack at it tonight. Should only take me fifteen minutes to crank out.
View Quote

Awesome! You rock
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#50]

Awesome! You rock
View Quote

@HMCS

Done.

PM me your email address and I'll send the STL over!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top