BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PlaysWithAtoms:
Regarding the topic of discussion: I am not surprised. However, I am curious how high-IQ children fair in homeschooling.  Is there an equivalent of AP for them? AP can cut half a year off an Engineering bachelor's and that is a huge advantage for honors-track students.
View Quote

Some of my younger homeschooled cousins in Washington took dual-credit courses at a local community college while still in high school.  This isn't a program specifically for homeschoolers, but there's nothing preventing them from using the program either.  https://admit.washington.edu/apply/running-start/.  I'm guessing there's probably other states that have similar programs too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#2]
"Socially awkward."  

Define "socially awkward."
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By criley:
"Socially awkward."  

Define "socially awkward."
View Quote
I think it means " not normal" - unlike the socially savvy and well-adjusted public-school-alumni population here at Arfcom GD!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top