BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
We lived in Hawaii for a while for my wife's work, and started homeschooling there. There are no part-time options for kindergarten in Hawaii. Our neighbor was a kindergarten teacher and she told us that our white kids would only get beat up a few times before they found a Hawaiian friend who would protect them. She said they just let it play out rather than try to stop it. That was the main factor in us deciding to homeschool. We've been back in the U.S. for about two years now and are still homeschooling. We love it, and get to spend more time with our kids. Lots of homeschool options here on the Front Range of CO, and there's no issue with finding enough social opportunities for the kids.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
My kids deserve a better theology than you find in the local schools - particularly public schools which I attended and are more or less preparing children to go to prison.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Politics/religion, common core, travel. In that order.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, seeing how we are down here in Southern New Mexico and we are at the peak of scholastic achievement the world left us with no choice. The Mrs. who is a divorce attorney, and me being former sheriff's deputy know the kind of people that are out there and these people tend to have more little people who are carbon copies of their parents. We felt it necessary to go to the expense to do the best for our children. We found a nice private little Lutheran school for the kids and seeing how the wife and kids are Lutherans we figured it would be a no brainer. I am still concerned about safety, and crummy people, but for the most part most of my concerns are alleviated. We know most of the other families and the school is very tight knit so we are fairly happy given our other choices. I didn't want to put our kids in the local Catholic school as I have heard not the best things about the school and the type of kids that are there. So for me our priorities are.
1. Safety
2. Education quality
3. Religion
4. Staff quality
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top