User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Really hard to beat clay pot distilled agave from 5 sentidos

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:40:40 AM EDT
[#2]
My first mezcal was Montelobos and it was...meh almost synthetic tasting but this is much better. I can definitely pick up smoke, agave, pepper, and a little grass (tasting card says dill). Need to find more to try.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]
That one is the madre espadin and cuishe agave. Some of their batches are really good and some are outright terrible. The current bottle I have only goes in cocktails but the first bottle I had seemed to disappear before I realized what happened . If you like that one, definitely seek out a brand with different types of agave and give them a try. Rey campero and medida both sell 200ml flask bottles which is a great way to taste a bunch without getting stuck with a full bottle you don't like.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
What agave juice is everyone enjoying on this fine Friday night?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Talk to me goose. Tell me what you're tasting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm mostly a Scotch drinker, but started drinking Tequila a few months ago.  I liked the peaty, smokey taste, but decided to give it a break.

After trying some different Tequilas, I found myself drawn towards the clear blanco style.  I found I like the clear (?) taste for sipping.  

One I like is called Honor.  It's smooth, with a little burn.  I can thank my wife for this.  She is a fan of 'Queen of the South', the Mexico version.  Seems the star, Kate del Castillo, has something to do with it.  Anyways, my wife noticed they almost always were drinking it on the show, so she bought me a bottle to try.  

I picked up a couple bottles last week, along with a couple bottles of Fortaleza, in case the liquor stores closed.  I'm going to try the Fortaleza this weekend, based on the recommendations here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
@WOAFP

Attachment Attached File

Any of these winners?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#9]
You have some really great bottles there. The ones on the top right are the el jolgorio black bottles. Arroqueno (a very old americana agave that is really sweet and fruity on the palate) and jabali (a wild grown agave called convallis that is more dry and spicy and very hard to work with). The black bottle jolgorios are about the closest thing the agave world has to the buffalo trace antique collection. The rest of their stuff in the clear bottles is also top notch, and i recommend any bottle made by Ignacio Parada or Valentin Cortes. It will list who made it on the back of the bottle.

The ones on the center left are called mezcaleros bottles. they are sourced from all over the place and highlight different types of agave and makers and all are really excellent. A fun thing to look for is a much different distilling date compared to bottling date. What that will mean is that it had a long glass resting period, which is where they leave big open top glass containers to let it oxidize and mellow. Some of the mezcaleros bottles are around 2 or 3 year glass rested which makes for a very different mezcal.

Then the ones on the center right are technically a raicilla. Which means they were made like a mezcal but not in mezcal approved states. The la venenosa bottles are all really drastically different and a little "funkier" tasting, with some having sort of a lactic note or even picking up a lot of pine or ceder.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Holes] [#10]
Wow.

I have been wanting to get some to try.

Looks like they are extremely top shelf priced.

I’ll have to start with the Fortaleza...not sure on the spelling at the moment, but the one I believe you said was made by the Sauza family.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
So wonderful to see another thread dedicated to God's booze

here are some of my notes from a thread I did a few years ago

Reposados

Siete Leguas: I go back and forth between this and Fortaleza as my favorites

Appearance: Pale straw color

Aroma: Light fragrance of agave, oak, and caramel with notes of citrus and ginseng.

Initial Taste: Delicate flavors of sweet agave, oak, vanilla, and baking spices with a very mild herbaceous note.

Body: Very smooth and light buttery mouth feel with complex but nicely integrated flavors

Finish: A very smooth medium-length finish of sweet agave, vanilla, earthy wood and baking spices nicely distributed over the palate with no bitterness. A mild peppery agave kick concludes a very nice finish

ArteNOM Seleccion de 1414 Reposado

Aroma: A nice agave, wood and spice mix.  Very pleasant smell.
Initial taste: Agave sweetness with hints of vanilla and spice.
Body: A nice medium and easy to drink body.  The wood becomes more evident as it gets to the back of the palate.  All of the flavors mix nicely.
Finish: A long finish that lingers a while with the alcohol and spice.  Maybe a bit too much for some, but it was fine for me.  

1921 Tequila Reposado - My third favorite repo

Aroma: Cooked agave, vanilla, nuts, spice and light fruit.  Very complex and inviting.
Initial Taste: A very pleasant entry with agave, fruit and a bit of spice.
Body: Very rich/oily and complex.  The oak element comes through a bit more, but compliments the agave, caramel, fruit and spice (cinnamon) nicely.  
Finish: A pleasant, but medium-short finish.  Notes of oak and spice are most prominent with just a light sweetness to round it out.

Anejos

Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia Anejo Tequila - Don't let them name fool you.  This is Cuervo's way of letting everyone know that, despite the cheap shit they sell, they can (when they want to) make a world-class tequila.  This is wonderful stuff.  They just charge about $30.00 too much for it.  But, it's worth a try at least once.  I buy it when I can

Aroma: Great agave smell with some woody and caramel notes.
Initial Taste: Agave taste with plenty of wood and spice notes.
Body: Thick mouth feel with a nice smooth flavor throughout.
Finish: Pleasant finish and burn with the aging really coming through.

7 Leguas Anejo - One of my favorites.  Amazing taste and its named after Pancho Villa's horse.  How could you go wrong?  I only wish they'd use a cork instead of a screw-top.  Doesn't change the juice, but it takes away from the presentation.

Aroma: Sweet and spicy.  Nice agave and spice nose.
Initial Taste: Sweet on the tip of the tongue with a bit of sizzle as it moves on your palate.
Body: The wood and spice notes make this tequila really complex and enjoyable.  There's also hints of vanilla and roasted nuts.  Lots of flavors mixing...and doing it very well.
Finish: The spices really linger nicely for a long finish that reminds you of how good this tequila really is.

Casa Noble Anejo

Light golden mahogany color with excellent clarity.
Aroma: It has a very elegant and very robust aroma. Agave, heavy oak, caramel, honey, and vanilla.  These flavors are all very pronounced and distinct.
Initial Taste: A very nice oak and vanilla initial flavor with the other flavors lingering and complimenting each other.  Each sip was a wow!
Body: Medium-light body with light tears in glass; but not oily in the mouth at all. The flavors are balanced and compliment each other.
Finish: Medium-long finish with sweet agave forward and then the oak, honey, and vanilla flavors are strong on the finish.  It leaves you with a taste of something that has been well aged.
Price: This is an excellent anejo for the price

Don Julio 1942 - It's pricey, but well worth it.

The nose is all butterscotch and vanilla.  With just a hint of oak and some agave.  The initial taste is more of the same with some caramel, maybe toffee and agave at the end.  The body is a little thin, but the amazing taste more than makes up for it.  The finish carries on and on.  Which drives the enjoyability.  The price is high, but I'm not sure this one isn't worth it.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Holes:
Wow.

I have been wanting to get some to try.

Looks like they are extremely top shelf priced.

I’ll have to start with the Fortaleza...not sure on the spelling at the moment, but the one I believe you said was made by the Sauza family.

Edit for spelling.
View Quote

Fortaleza and El tesoro are great places to strat for tequila. Not too hard to find and fantastic examples of what tequila should be like. If you don't like those then there's a good chance you just don't like tequila.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#14]

So how is it? I have not yet opened mine.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

So how is it? I have not yet opened mine.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/496385/20200427_200140_jpg-1389786.JPG
View Quote

The paradiso is fantastic. The cognac influence is very present in the butterscotch and banana notes. Always impressed at how much agave stays present in tesoro bottlings.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#16]
@WOAFP
Found these two at Woodman's. Got both since you seem to have an appreciation for Bozal, I trust your taste lol! I found a few places that stock mezcals so give me a bit to compile a list of what I can access and I'll run it by you. Figure I'd post here so others can know as well!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
@WOAFP
Found these two at Woodman's. Got both since you seem to have an appreciation for Bozal, I trust your taste lol! I found a few places that stock mezcals so give me a bit to compile a list of what I can access and I'll run it by you. Figure I'd post here so others can know as well!
https://i.ibb.co/1Tk0Ttr/20200501-135640.jpg
View Quote

Hey! Another guy to talk agave with! The ensamble is easily one if the best bottles under $50. The cuishe you might find a little contraversial. Karwinskii agave can have some very very different flavors present, that some people don't like.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm still waiting on my wide mouth glasses to get here. Amazon is taking 3 weeks about everything. Anyway, here is what I have instant store access to at one place or another. I left out the Bozal since you already know.

Montelobo Espadín - 42.99
La Luna Cupreata - 33.99
Meteoro Espadín - 40.99
Banhez Espadín & Barril - 28.99
El Buho Espadín - 39.99
El Silencio Espadín - 32.99
Rancho de la Luna Espadín - 49.99
Cruz de Fuego Espadín - 39.99
Fidencio Espadín - 44.99
Yuu Baal Espadín - 39.99
Mezcal Vago Espadín - 49.99
Mezcal Vago Elote - 54.99
Xicala - 39.99
Los Vecinos del Campo Espadín - 34.99
Del Maguey Vida - 37.99
Del Maguey Chichicapa - 69.99
Real Minero Barril - 129.99
Rancho Tempua Bacanora - 59.99
Puntagave Oaxaca Espadín - 34.99

Whew, that took a while. So what is worthwhile out of that?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:19:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WOAFP] [#19]
@CastleBra­vo91 I cut out the ones that probably aren't worth grabbing.

La Luna Cupreata - 33.99 really good stuff for the price. Strong smoke and lemon flavors. Made in michoacan instead of Oaxaca and a good opportunity to see how the area impacts the end flavor.

Meteoro Espadín - 40.99 priced higher than normal. I use this one for cocktails more than drinking neat. It isn't as balanced as others but has strong exaggerated flavors so it stands up great in a oaxacan old fashioned or mezcal Paloma.

Banhez Espadín & Barril - 28.99 one of the best bang for your buck mezcals on the market. Great blend in flavors of sweet and savory smoked meats. Cheap enough to use in cocktails without worrying and complex enough to enjoy just sipping.

Mezcal Vago Espadín - 49.99 this will be made by aquilino or emigdio. Both are masters and both are going to be amazing. You'll be able to tell which mezcalero made it by color of the label. Blue is emigdio and white is aquilino. I really like supporting Vago. If you want to see why check out the movie "agave: spirit of a nation". But to sum it up aquilino leveraged the growth in mezcal to bring all of his boys home from being migrant workers in the US and is investing it building long term business for people in Mexico.

Mezcal Vago Elote - 54.99 really cool mezcal where during the second distillation corn is added in the mix. Gives a creamy mouthfeel and makes it very soft drinking.

Del Maguey Chichicapa - 69.99 a classic for a reason. Usually one of people's first "good" mezcals. Widely available, but made well.

Real Minero Barril - 129.99 this is from one of the big boy families. The Angeles family is on it's fourth generation of clay pot only mezcaleros. They only distill and process in the most traditional of ways which aren't nearly efficient and yield small batches with huge variations on flavors. All are fantastic. Graciela, who helps run a lot of their stuff now also has done some really cool stuff with planting and protecting near extinct agave on their land to protect it for future generations to work with and they have built two schools and a library in their town. When buying some of the more expensive small batch mezcal you are usually getting a better product but part of your money is also going into efforts like I listed above.

Rancho Tempua Bacanora - 59.99 this one I don't know if I should recommend or not. The one I have is incredible, but people say there is huge variation batch to batch and that some is terrible. If you're up for a gamble, give it a try, but I can't promise yours will be as good as mine.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#20]
@WOAFP. Thanks, man! Now I have things to look forward to. I'll do a review as soon as I crack open the bottles I have.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
I was thinking of picking a mezcal to keep on the shelf, give it a try and see how it goes. Right now I'm mostly a bourbon and speyside scotch amateur. 

My local store posted this on their Instagram. Any here you'd recommend? @WOAFP

https://i.imgur.com/BHzCrgm.jpg
View Quote

So there are some good bottles there and some killer bottles.

The bozal ensamble on the left in the yellow bottle is a great bottle that's a step above entry level. Good enough to sip neat and enjoy and get an idea of what mezcal is like but also not too expensive where you're afraid to make a cocktail with it.

That mezcal nacional next to it is amazing. But they are very proud of it. Its a karwinskii agave that only grows in a few small areas and has this very green, peppery, wild flavor to it. Its complex and really awesome for big mezcal fans, but would probably be pretty risky if you don't know if you like mezcal.

The metodo antigua next to the vago is another really cool, smaller batch production and was a special release. on the sweet side of things, and very easy to sip and enjoy

That vago espadin is a classic. Just all around great. Really vago and their 5 mezcaleros can do no wrong in my book.

The rancho tepua bacanora, I mentioned a few post up. My bottle is awesome, but i hear they are unpredictable and have made some terrible batches, so i'm reluctant to recommend it

And the estancia raicilla is a really cool introduction to a product that is just recently starting to get its footing in the US. It just recently had its DO approved and there is a lot of fighting around what it means for the class of spirit, but estancia makes great stuff.

The others, I would probably recommend against. I'm a little on the edge about the dos hombres (curated by the two guys who starred in breaking bad). Its not bad at all, its just priced too high for what it is, but the others just aren't good, and definitely aren't worth paying what they ask for them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Excellent. I stopped by and picked up a bottle of the Bozal Ensamble at lunch. I'll report my findings when I get home this evening. 
View Quote

Let us know what you think! There are a handful of guys around here who have grabbed that bottle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Picked up a bottle of del Maguey 100% Tobala for tasting tonight on Cinco de Mayo.....
I’ll repost with my (very) amateur review......
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Del Maguey Tobala is a classic for a reason! Great pickup!

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By WOAFP:
Del Maguey Tobala is a classic for a reason! Great pickup!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349595/IMG_20200414_214804_635-1402823.jpg
View Quote

Thank you for starting this thread and posting the photo. It was your great pics that really got me craving to try some Mezcal again. The last - and only -  other time I had some was literally 45-years ago when a friend’s sister brought some home after a hippie-trip to Mexico. I’ll not forget the little homemade clay “bottle” that it was in. I was lucky to get to share some. An excellent drink and buzz. Cheers ...! And thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:

Thank you for starting this thread and posting the photo. It was your great pics that really got me craving to try some Mezcal again. The last - and only -  other time I had some was literally 45-years ago when a friend’s sister brought some home after a hippie-trip to Mexico. I’ll not forget the little homemade clay “bottle” that it was in. I was lucky to get to share some. An excellent drink and buzz. Cheers ...! And thanks again.
View Quote

Mezcal does not get nearly enough love here. Independent craftsman carrying on trades learned from their father and their fathers father. It's backbreaking work then distilled with the care of a great artists. It's a connection to the old world and a nice little break from all the of the super consistent machine produced goods we all consume from day to day.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#31]
https://i.imgur.com/5uC18cth.jpg

I've been nursing and sipping on this guy for the last half hour, trying to figure it out.  Like many others, my experience with agave spirits, tequila at least, was with a bad run-in with Jose.  I've never actually messed with mezcal, just heard the stories about the worm in the bottle and where eating the worm makes you see the holy spirit or some shit.

This is really complicated to me.  My palate isn't super refined, but I'm really, really intrigued by this bottle.  There's a lot going on in just one sip of this stuff.  It's very citrus-ey in taste, almost like a bitter, under ripened orange maybe, but to the nose it smells like spring, if that makes any sense.  Like flowers or running creek or something, spring is the first thing that jumped in my mind as soon as I uncorked the bottle.  I can detect just a hint of smoke as well, I presume from the roasting of the agave, I dunno, is that a trait of a mezcal, sorta like a scotch?

There's so much to take in here.  It's a little overwhelming, to be honest, but in a good way.
View Quote

You are in for an adventure. Spring is a perfect way to describe a spirit. too many people get hung up on looking for flavors, when all it is is smells and flavors bringing back memories. Mezcal has so many differences and layers that it just gets exciting to see what each agave and production method does to influence the spirit. I'm glad you don't hate it! The smoke usually comes from those underground pits (horno) that they use and even from what type of wood is used. Was it mesquite, black oak, pine....etc. I love bourbon and scotch, but the variety of mezcal puts whiskey to shame.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok I opened two bottles of my initial foray back into Mescal. Both Del Maguey. The 100% Tobala ($120) and Vida ($40). I don’t have either the palate or dialect of most of you folks - so your going to get a working mans description.

I began with the Vida. As recommended in an earlier post, I did a small “rinse” or two to soften the bite - it’s been a LONG time since I’ve drank anything neat. And a bite it has....!  And that bite returns after the actual liquor is swallowed. Nice body to it, and VERY nice smoke flavor - like a good charbroil. Some other flavors, but I’m not that knowledgeable - yet. I had to calm it all down with a slice of orange and small sips.

On to the Tobala. First smell reminded me of a top notch tequila. A small sip and its apparent why its 3-times the money. Almost none of that harsh ethanol bite. Smooth all the way through. Thinner body and not much of the smoke but a much more earth / herbal flavor like a slightly sweet pepper. Not dry at all and again smooth from start to finish.

I have to say I like the full body of the Vida. The smoke flavor lingered well after dinner. I could see sitting with this bottle and a really fine cigar well into the evening. (I may have to take up smoking...lol). If it didn’t have such a strong bite...... all this flavor is very nearly overshadowed.

I look forward to trying some other brands / recipes of Mezcal.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok I opened two bottles of my initial foray back into Mescal. Both Del Maguey. The 100% Tobala ($120) and Vida ($40). I don’t have either the palate or dialect of most of you folks - so your going to get a working mans description.  

I began with the Vida. As recommended in an earlier post, I did a small “rinse” or two to soften the bite - it’s been a LONG time since I’ve drank anything neat. And a bite it has....!  And that bite returns after the actual liquor is swallowed. Nice body to it, and VERY nice smoke flavor - like a good charbroil. Some other flavors, but I’m not that knowledgeable - yet. I had to calm it all down with a slice of orange and small sips.

On to the Tobala. First smell reminded me of a top notch tequila. A small sip and its apparent why its 3-times the money. Almost none of that harsh ethanol bite. Smooth all the way through. Thinner body and not much of the smoke but a much more earth / herbal flavor like a slightly sweet pepper. Not dry at all and again smooth from start to finish.

I have to say I like the full body of the Vida. The smoke flavor lingered well after dinner. I could see sitting with this bottle and a really fine cigar well into the evening. (I may have to take up smoking...lol). If it didn’t have such a strong bite...... all this flavor is very nearly overshadowed.

I look forward to trying some other brands / recipes of Mezcal.

View Quote

So vida is actually interesting. It was never intended/curated to be drank neat. during the cocktail boom in the early 2000's, bartenders kept wanting to make mezcal drinks, but the high prices just made it unreasonable. So they kept asking del maguey to come to market with something cheaper for cocktails. Well to meet this, vida was curated to have exaggerated flavors that would still scream "MEZCAL" in a cocktail , but would still be affordable. To do this, they still use espadin agave, but the roast it in a larger oven, and include some green and wet wood. This leaves a huge amount of the wood smoke coming through. then instead of a tahona to crush they use a stainless shredder to be more efficient and are a little looser with the cuts from the still. It was never meant to be fantastic, but meant to be widely available, cheap, and capture the flavors of mezcal well enough to stand up to sweeteners and other things in cocktails.

Tobala, is super cool. They are tiny plants with a super low sugar yield. They can take almost 20 years to mature and still yield a pina only the size of a basketball. A ton of work goes into those, which is why the price tag is a little rough.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#34]

So vida is actually interesting. It was never intended/curated to be drank neat. during the cocktail boom in the early 2000's, bartenders kept wanting to make mezcal drinks, but the high prices just made it unreasonable. So they kept asking del maguey to come to market with something cheaper for cocktails. Well to meet this, vida was curated to have exaggerated flavors that would still scream "MEZCAL" in a cocktail , but would still be affordable. To do this, they still use espadin agave, but the roast it in a larger oven, and include some green and wet wood. This leaves a huge amount of the wood smoke coming through. then instead of a tahona to crush they use a stainless shredder to be more efficient and are a little looser with the cuts from the still. It was never meant to be fantastic, but meant to be widely available, cheap, and capture the flavors of mezcal well enough to stand up to sweeteners and other things in cocktails. 

Tobala, is super cool. They are tiny plants with a super low sugar yield. They can take almost 20 years to mature and still yield a pina only the size of a basketball. A ton of work goes into those, which is why the price tag is a little rough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Ok I opened two bottles of my initial foray back into Mescal. Both Del Maguey. The 100% Tobala ($120) and Vida ($40). I don’t have either the palate or dialect of most of you folks - so your going to get a working mans description.  

I began with the Vida. As recommended in an earlier post, I did a small “rinse” or two to soften the bite - it’s been a LONG time since I’ve drank anything neat. And a bite it has....!  And that bite returns after the actual liquor is swallowed. Nice body to it, and VERY nice smoke flavor - like a good charbroil. Some other flavors, but I’m not that knowledgeable - yet. I had to calm it all down with a slice of orange and small sips.

On to the Tobala. First smell reminded me of a top notch tequila. A small sip and its apparent why its 3-times the money. Almost none of that harsh ethanol bite. Smooth all the way through. Thinner body and not much of the smoke but a much more earth / herbal flavor like a slightly sweet pepper. Not dry at all and again smooth from start to finish.

I have to say I like the full body of the Vida. The smoke flavor lingered well after dinner. I could see sitting with this bottle and a really fine cigar well into the evening. (I may have to take up smoking...lol). If it didn’t have such a strong bite...... all this flavor is very nearly overshadowed.

I look forward to trying some other brands / recipes of Mezcal.

So vida is actually interesting. It was never intended/curated to be drank neat. during the cocktail boom in the early 2000's, bartenders kept wanting to make mezcal drinks, but the high prices just made it unreasonable. So they kept asking del maguey to come to market with something cheaper for cocktails. Well to meet this, vida was curated to have exaggerated flavors that would still scream "MEZCAL" in a cocktail , but would still be affordable. To do this, they still use espadin agave, but the roast it in a larger oven, and include some green and wet wood. This leaves a huge amount of the wood smoke coming through. then instead of a tahona to crush they use a stainless shredder to be more efficient and are a little looser with the cuts from the still. It was never meant to be fantastic, but meant to be widely available, cheap, and capture the flavors of mezcal well enough to stand up to sweeteners and other things in cocktails. 

Tobala, is super cool. They are tiny plants with a super low sugar yield. They can take almost 20 years to mature and still yield a pina only the size of a basketball. A ton of work goes into those, which is why the price tag is a little rough.

I had read about the Tobala maturing slowly and yielding smaller amounts of product ....giving it a exotic allure. The promise of a fruity sweeter drink was what led me to this bottle.

Your explanation of the Vida origin gave me a chuckle..... I guess I’ haven’t evolved too far from the Cuervo Gold days...  Seems I have a lot of ground to cover to get to discern the milder flavors of the finer Mezcal.

Still the strong flavor reminded me of that liitle clay bottle of yesteryear and the mystery of the drink from “the land of Don Juan“.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#36]

I had read about the Tobala maturing slowly and yielding smaller amounts of product ....giving it a exotic allure. The promise of a fruity sweeter drink was what led me to this bottle.

Your explanation of the Vida origin gave me a chuckle..... I guess I’ haven’t evolved too far from the Cuervo Gold days...  Seems I have a lot of ground to cover to get to discern the milder flavors of the finer Mezcal.

Still the strong flavor reminded me of that liitle clay bottle of yesteryear and the mystery of the drink from “the land of Don Juan“.
View Quote

Ha! there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I just like some that are just over the top. There is one from a group called origen raiz that is made with a ton of volcanic rock in the roasting over. It leaves the whole thing tasting like dirt and mineral mixed with cut grass. That may sound terrible to some people, but i love it. It's not my "best" mezcal, but sometimes i just really want it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#37]
This is a fascinating bottle.  I didn't know what to expect, as I said, I went ten rounds with Jose Cuervo as a young man and swore off that Mexican fire water ever since.

This is the first liquor I've had in my life that really made me go "Wow."  Even now hours later, the flavor is still on my mind and I'm still thinking about what I experienced.  I kinda wanna try some others.
View Quote

I had a similar experience years ago with the vago mexicano from aquilano. Many many years before that, I had one of those "finding god" moments on cuervo gold. "please make it stop, I'll be good if you just make it stop" and then swore agave spirits off for decades. That mexicano really opened my eyes and made we want to try all of them that I could.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got a great little media pack form a mezcal importer I really like. looking forward to working through these.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got a great little media pack form a mezcal importer I really like. looking forward to working through these. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349595/20200507_142314-1405521.jpg
View Quote

Nice....!
There are VERY few places here that carry any form of Mezcal or fine Tequila. The store I discovered today - only the second one in my area to carry Mezcal - had several different brands than the first. On recommendation I picked up a bottle of Dona Ji’ joven to try.  Looking forward to cracking it open at dinner tomorrow. They also had a single bottle of Flor del Desierto  that looked very inviting.....maybe next weekend. Looks like I’ve got a new hobby...!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Nice....! 
There are VERY few places here that carry any form of Mezcal or fine Tequila. The store I discovered today - only the second one in my area to carry Mezcal - had several different brands than the first. On recommendation I picked up a bottle of Dona Ji’ joven to try.  Looking forward to cracking it open at dinner tomorrow. They also had a single bottle of Flor del Desierto  that looked very inviting.....maybe next weekend. Looks like I’ve got a new hobby...!  
View Quote

Flor del desierto is a really great sotol. Sotols will taste pretty grassy and wild compared to mezcals. The sotol plants they use to make it have a big habit of taking on a ton of flavors of where they are grown.

The donaji is very very soft drinking and sweet. Take the amped up flavors from vida and go to the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:46:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#41]
Good morning folks.....! Happy Memorial Day weekend.
I’m currently in the Phoenix, AZ area visiting some of my wife’s extended family (pray for me).

Part of my quest is to gather some of the finer Mezcals that would never be available in my home area. Unfortunately some of the stores are drive-thru only so I can’t handle anything and have to rely on you guys and the store clerks recommendation.

A place called Sun Devil Liquors has a large selection of agave spirits (“everything we can get our hands on”) but again , window shopping only.
The manager was there and was happy to inform me on some of the different recipes - but I didn’t get to spend a lot of time as they were really busy. On his recommendation (“best Mezcal I’ve ever had ” and “Pechuga are the best”) I picked up a bottle of Carreno ensamble 7.

https://mezcalcarrenous.com

I’m hoping to go back there today and get some more education and continue my search. It will give me something worthwhile to do down here while the wife is visiting.....

If anyone has any more suggestions or want me to look for something special let me know.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Are these something new you’re trying...? Or a favorite of yours ...?

Your photos / place settings are always so inviting. It’s what motivated me to start looking into Mezcal again and now I’m excited to keep trying new brands. Thank you. Hope you have a great weekend...!

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Good morning folks.....! Happy Memorial Day weekend.
I’m currently in the Phoenix, AZ area visiting some of my wife’s extended family (pray for me).

Part of my quest is to gather some of the finer Mezcals that would never be available in my home area. Unfortunately some of the stores are drive-thru only so I can’t handle anything and have to rely on you guys and the store clerks recommendation.

A place called Sun Devil Liquors has a large selection of agave spirits (“everything we can get our hands on”) but again , window shopping only.
The manager was there and was happy to inform me on some of the different recipes - but I didn’t get to spend a lot of time as they were really busy. On his recommendation (“best Mezcal I’ve ever had ” and “Pechuga are the best”) I picked up a bottle of Carreno ensamble 7.

https://mezcalcarrenous.com

I’m hoping to go back there today and get some more education and continue my search. It will give me something worthwhile to do down here while the wife is visiting.....

If anyone has any more suggestions or want me to look for something special let me know.

View Quote

I hadn't realized you asked this earlier. Sorry it's taking me so long to answer.

The carrenous are supposedly very good hit are currently Arizona only so I've not had a chance to try it. That seems like a great place to start with where you are because you certainly aren't going to find it anywhere else.

For a general idea

$0-40
Most of these options are perfectly sippable, but commonly oriented towards cocktailing. Espadin will generally make up the bulk of these products.

Gracias A Dios Espadin
Very reasonably priced and approachable, with sweetness, smoke, and soil notes all well balanced. Their gins and seasonal fruit pechugas are wonderful too!

Banhez Espadin/Barril
Utilizing a co-op model, this bottling offers a great versatility for sipping and mixing. The touch of barril adds a nice change of pace.

Derrumbes San Luis Potosi
Mezcales from this area are very unique in part due to its very dry climate, usage of the wild Agave Salmiana, and cooking of agaves in above-ground non-smoky ovens. This product is actually subsidized by the portfolio, so it really should cost much more than it does. An exciting range worth reading about!

Montelobos Joven
100% espadin, this offering is easy going with a honeyed and slightly herbal palate. There’s a good emphasis on sustainability, and noted good consistency.

Union Uno
Also uses a co-op model, this is a clean and fresh mezcal with a touch of Barril and sometimes Cirial. Hard to not get access to!

Sotol La Higuera
These are made by a wonderful sotolero in Chihuahua. The wheeleri is often the most affordable, and offers a great entry into the category. Try the other two varietal expressions side by side!

Sotol Por Siempre
Alternatively, this wonderful option would be a great place to begin your journey, highly characterful, with even some savory fish-like notes.

$40-75
Some great value often lies in this range, and gets you access to more rare agaves, production methods, glass resting, different states, etc. Most here would be intended for traditional consumption, sipping.

Vago Espadin and Elote
Vago sources from 4 amazing producers, and I haven’t tasted a bad batch yet. The color of the label indicates which producer made which batch. Each espadin is unique and worthwhile! The Elote bottling is only made by the founding mezcalero, and includes an infusion of roasted corn in the still between the first and second runs, much like how a pechuga is made. It offers a little more richness and complexity, with gentle corn notes.

Rey Campero Espadin
A personal “benchmark” espadin for TheAgaveFairy, this brand offers clean expressions of many different agaves. Some are better than others, but the espadin is classic and also comes in smaller formats.

Del Maguey Chichicapa and Minero
The Chichicapa might be one of the most important and recognized high end bottlings on the market, with amazing complexity and consistency. It’s simply a “must”, and a perfect entryway into sipping mezcals.

Rancho Tepua Bacanora
Bacanora is mezcal from the state of Sonora, a legally protected spirit category with its own history. This is the most common offering you’ll see, and it’s just great juice either way you look at it! Not espadin, and interestingly in stainless steel stills.

Origen Raiz Durango
Durango is a desert state terroir, but the mezcals from there often are full of ripe tropical fruit flavors. Not much makes it to export, and this is a great way to taste something from outside Oaxaca, and not from espadin. Watch out for their sotol when it lands!

Bozal Ensemble
Bozal offers a wide range of often great mezcales sourced from two different palenques; this ensemble offers tremendous value and character.

Nuestra Soledad
Nuestra Soledad is a single village farmed espadin lineup from the team behind El Jolgorio / Mezcalogia. The Lachigui would be our first recommendation, it’s from a fantastic mezcalero responsible for some very coveted releases.

Alipús Santa Ana del Rio (Green) and San Andreas (Pink)
When MezcalReviews hosted their last anniversary party, all 5 standard offerings from this high-visibility brand were presented blind. The green and pink labels, as they’re often referred to, were the agreed standouts.

Koch Espadin Artesanal
Koch sources from a few producers, and the standard bottings (they won’t say ‘Ancestral’ or ‘olla de barro’) offer a nice smokey profile and complexity.

Flor del Desierto Sierra
Flor del Desierto bottles consistent offerings, one from the desert which is dry and mineral, and the Sierra which has more sweet herbal notes. Both incredible, but with a nod towards the Sierra.

$75-115
Here you get access to some of the more expensive small batch releases, and can explore a wide variety of styles, agaves, and regions.

Marca Negra Dobadaan / Sanmartin
Marca Negra sources from a few producers, these are generally the consistent highlights of the series for non-espadin fun!

Vago Ensemble en Barro
“Tio” Rey is a legend. Incredibly consistent, he puts out small clay pot still batches that contain two or more locally sourced agaves. Look for the red label!

Mezcalero releases
Done by the same group responsible for Los Danzantes / Los Nahuales and Alipus and Mezcalero, these are small batch one-off releases of very special mezcals usually from wild harvest batches. Check each batch (MezcalReviews is a great place to get more info and reviews) to see if something looks right for you.

Real Minero Espadin
Deep, rich, powerful. If you think you’re getting bored of espadin, give this a go. Real Minero is a producer worth reading about, they stand strong for the industry and do much for research and sustainability. These would be ancestral, except they’ve employed a shredder for breaking apart the agaves instead of doing it by hand.

Cinco Sentidos
I personally can’t sing the praises of this portfolio enough, almost any bottle is worth picking up. Born out of a restaurant, this brand works to show the diversity of the spirit, representing a wide range of terroirs, production methods, and history. Almost any are worth picking up.

Rey Campero Tepextate and Jabali
Of the “higher end” releases from this brand, these two tend to be the favorites. Also look out for their one-off small batch releases and ensembles.

Mezcales de Leyenda Guerrero
Another portfolio that features many different states. It’s hard to find anything from Guererro, and this would be a great choice to explore that area. It’s slick and fruity, full of bright fruit.

Neta Espadin
A co-op featuring producers from the town of Miahuatlan and its unique history and traditions, many of whom use a “refrescador” method of distillation that effectively allows double distillation to be done in a single pass. Their espadin is a great entry to their portfolio, with other offerings getting into the $150+ range.

El Jolgorio Espadin
These espadin bottlings are easy to overlook, especially when their black bottles steal a lot of attention. Most of these releases have been glass rested for a significant amount of time, which can produce a very intriguing result. Read the label for more information on age, and mezcalero.

Clande Sotol Yellow Label
Clande is probably best known for their bottlings of sotol, but they also bottle mezcal and lechuguilla, as well as combinations of those released in small batches. The yellow has an incredible desert terroir, but the whole range can be easily recommended.

$115-150
As you get into this price range, they are typically one-off special batches that you need to look at on a case by case basis. Most of these should be great, but do your research about what they are and what you really do like before plunging in.

Mezcalosfera
Small one-off batches showcasing the breadth of mezcales in Oaxaca. Imported by the same group that has Rey Campero, Real Minero, etc. Their quality is consistent, as is their commitment to the craft. They often release fun “pechuga” style bottlings, with fruits or foods like cornbread.

Cinco Sentidos Mixteca Collection
The Mixteca region has its own unique terroirs, and many small producers making incredible mezcal. These are hard to find bottlings, but some of the most unique and challenging on the market.

Del Maguey San Pablo Ameyaltepec or Wild Tobalá
Of the high end Del Maguey releases, these tend to be best received. They have a strong history of working with some incredible producers.

La Venenosa Sierra del Tigre
If you want to dive headfirst into racilla, mezcal from Jalisco, this is a staple. Blue cheese funk in spades, you won’t find a more characterful and divisive choice.

Koch en Barro
Koch sources from Sola de Vega as well as San Baltazar. Perhaps I’m just biased towards Sola de Vega and their clay pot stills, but these are very lush offerings that provide a different style from the more brutal style of Vago’s Tio Rey, for example. Their arroqueno is a favorite.

$150+
If you can find these, they are often quite interesting releases. Do your research!

El Jolgorio Black Bottles
Some of the most sought after releases in mezcal right now. The black bottle designates what they think are the most special.

La Venenosa Puntas or Tutsi
La Venenosa’s top end bottles are their Puntas (a special styled high ABV release, well beyond the legal limits to be called “R”aicilla), and their Tutsi project to revive a ‘lost’ distillate. An incredibly exciting portfolio, but costing a pretty penny.

Real Minero Ancestral
Pricing appears to be creeping up, but these small black label releases marked “ancestral” are worth looking into if you’re lucky enough to find them. Typically, they are small batch ensembles, all from one producer in Santa Catarina Minas.

Mezonte
This is a house based in Guadalajara, Jalisco that sources really fantastic batches of mezcales from all over Mexico. While they are pricey, they are consistently great and engaging. Most often, you’ll see batches from Jalisco (“r”aicilla), but there’s a number of releases and new ones coming all the time.

Lalocura
Lalocura is the export brand for a famous producer in Santa Catarina Minas, a town well known for its use of clay pot stills in production. While expensive, they’re some of the most consistent and incredible offerings available in this style.

Farolito
The export brand for the cult-status ‘library’ curated at In Situ’s bar in Oaxaca, these are very small batches also of high quality and from producers you’re not likely to see working with other brands

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Are these something new you’re trying...? Or a favorite of yours ...?

Your photos / place settings are always so inviting. It’s what motivated me to start looking into Mezcal again and now I’m excited to keep trying new brands. Thank you. Hope you have a great weekend...!

View Quote

The ochos are a general favorite of mine. I had ran out my old bottles a few years back and hadn't grabbed any in a while as I was directing almost all of my booze money to mezcals. Good tequilas are a great reminder as why the Mezcal from tequila province became so popular. Bad tequila will just about ruin agave for people.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By WOAFP:

I hadn't realized you asked this earlier. Sorry it's taking me so long to answer.

The carrenous are supposedly very good hit are currently Arizona only so I've not had a chance to try it. That seems like a great place to start with where you are because you certainly aren't going to find it anywhere else.

For a general idea

$0-40
Most of these options are perfectly sippable, but commonly oriented towards cocktailing. Espadin will generally make up the bulk of these products.

Gracias A Dios Espadin
Very reasonably priced and approachable, with sweetness, smoke, and soil notes all well balanced. Their gins and seasonal fruit pechugas are wonderful too!

Banhez Espadin/Barril
Utilizing a co-op model, this bottling offers a great versatility for sipping and mixing. The touch of barril adds a nice change of pace.

Derrumbes San Luis Potosi
Mezcales from this area are very unique in part due to its very dry climate, usage of the wild Agave Salmiana, and cooking of agaves in above-ground non-smoky ovens. This product is actually subsidized by the portfolio, so it really should cost much more than it does. An exciting range worth reading about!

Montelobos Joven
100% espadin, this offering is easy going with a honeyed and slightly herbal palate. There’s a good emphasis on sustainability, and noted good consistency.

Union Uno
Also uses a co-op model, this is a clean and fresh mezcal with a touch of Barril and sometimes Cirial. Hard to not get access to!

Sotol La Higuera
These are made by a wonderful sotolero in Chihuahua. The wheeleri is often the most affordable, and offers a great entry into the category. Try the other two varietal expressions side by side!

Sotol Por Siempre
Alternatively, this wonderful option would be a great place to begin your journey, highly characterful, with even some savory fish-like notes.

$40-75
Some great value often lies in this range, and gets you access to more rare agaves, production methods, glass resting, different states, etc. Most here would be intended for traditional consumption, sipping.

Vago Espadin and Elote
Vago sources from 4 amazing producers, and I haven’t tasted a bad batch yet. The color of the label indicates which producer made which batch. Each espadin is unique and worthwhile! The Elote bottling is only made by the founding mezcalero, and includes an infusion of roasted corn in the still between the first and second runs, much like how a pechuga is made. It offers a little more richness and complexity, with gentle corn notes.

Rey Campero Espadin
A personal “benchmark” espadin for TheAgaveFairy, this brand offers clean expressions of many different agaves. Some are better than others, but the espadin is classic and also comes in smaller formats.

Del Maguey Chichicapa and Minero
The Chichicapa might be one of the most important and recognized high end bottlings on the market, with amazing complexity and consistency. It’s simply a “must”, and a perfect entryway into sipping mezcals.

Rancho Tepua Bacanora
Bacanora is mezcal from the state of Sonora, a legally protected spirit category with its own history. This is the most common offering you’ll see, and it’s just great juice either way you look at it! Not espadin, and interestingly in stainless steel stills.

Origen Raiz Durango
Durango is a desert state terroir, but the mezcals from there often are full of ripe tropical fruit flavors. Not much makes it to export, and this is a great way to taste something from outside Oaxaca, and not from espadin. Watch out for their sotol when it lands!

Bozal Ensemble
Bozal offers a wide range of often great mezcales sourced from two different palenques; this ensemble offers tremendous value and character.

Nuestra Soledad
Nuestra Soledad is a single village farmed espadin lineup from the team behind El Jolgorio / Mezcalogia. The Lachigui would be our first recommendation, it’s from a fantastic mezcalero responsible for some very coveted releases.

Alipús Santa Ana del Rio (Green) and San Andreas (Pink)
When MezcalReviews hosted their last anniversary party, all 5 standard offerings from this high-visibility brand were presented blind. The green and pink labels, as they’re often referred to, were the agreed standouts.

Koch Espadin Artesanal
Koch sources from a few producers, and the standard bottings (they won’t say ‘Ancestral’ or ‘olla de barro’) offer a nice smokey profile and complexity.

Flor del Desierto Sierra
Flor del Desierto bottles consistent offerings, one from the desert which is dry and mineral, and the Sierra which has more sweet herbal notes. Both incredible, but with a nod towards the Sierra.

$75-115
Here you get access to some of the more expensive small batch releases, and can explore a wide variety of styles, agaves, and regions.

Marca Negra Dobadaan / Sanmartin
Marca Negra sources from a few producers, these are generally the consistent highlights of the series for non-espadin fun!

Vago Ensemble en Barro
“Tio” Rey is a legend. Incredibly consistent, he puts out small clay pot still batches that contain two or more locally sourced agaves. Look for the red label!

Mezcalero releases
Done by the same group responsible for Los Danzantes / Los Nahuales and Alipus and Mezcalero, these are small batch one-off releases of very special mezcals usually from wild harvest batches. Check each batch (MezcalReviews is a great place to get more info and reviews) to see if something looks right for you.

Real Minero Espadin
Deep, rich, powerful. If you think you’re getting bored of espadin, give this a go. Real Minero is a producer worth reading about, they stand strong for the industry and do much for research and sustainability. These would be ancestral, except they’ve employed a shredder for breaking apart the agaves instead of doing it by hand.

Cinco Sentidos
I personally can’t sing the praises of this portfolio enough, almost any bottle is worth picking up. Born out of a restaurant, this brand works to show the diversity of the spirit, representing a wide range of terroirs, production methods, and history. Almost any are worth picking up.

Rey Campero Tepextate and Jabali
Of the “higher end” releases from this brand, these two tend to be the favorites. Also look out for their one-off small batch releases and ensembles.

Mezcales de Leyenda Guerrero
Another portfolio that features many different states. It’s hard to find anything from Guererro, and this would be a great choice to explore that area. It’s slick and fruity, full of bright fruit.

Neta Espadin
A co-op featuring producers from the town of Miahuatlan and its unique history and traditions, many of whom use a “refrescador” method of distillation that effectively allows double distillation to be done in a single pass. Their espadin is a great entry to their portfolio, with other offerings getting into the $150+ range.

El Jolgorio Espadin
These espadin bottlings are easy to overlook, especially when their black bottles steal a lot of attention. Most of these releases have been glass rested for a significant amount of time, which can produce a very intriguing result. Read the label for more information on age, and mezcalero.

Clande Sotol Yellow Label
Clande is probably best known for their bottlings of sotol, but they also bottle mezcal and lechuguilla, as well as combinations of those released in small batches. The yellow has an incredible desert terroir, but the whole range can be easily recommended.

$115-150
As you get into this price range, they are typically one-off special batches that you need to look at on a case by case basis. Most of these should be great, but do your research about what they are and what you really do like before plunging in.

Mezcalosfera
Small one-off batches showcasing the breadth of mezcales in Oaxaca. Imported by the same group that has Rey Campero, Real Minero, etc. Their quality is consistent, as is their commitment to the craft. They often release fun “pechuga” style bottlings, with fruits or foods like cornbread.

Cinco Sentidos Mixteca Collection
The Mixteca region has its own unique terroirs, and many small producers making incredible mezcal. These are hard to find bottlings, but some of the most unique and challenging on the market.

Del Maguey San Pablo Ameyaltepec or Wild Tobalá
Of the high end Del Maguey releases, these tend to be best received. They have a strong history of working with some incredible producers.

La Venenosa Sierra del Tigre
If you want to dive headfirst into racilla, mezcal from Jalisco, this is a staple. Blue cheese funk in spades, you won’t find a more characterful and divisive choice.

Koch en Barro
Koch sources from Sola de Vega as well as San Baltazar. Perhaps I’m just biased towards Sola de Vega and their clay pot stills, but these are very lush offerings that provide a different style from the more brutal style of Vago’s Tio Rey, for example. Their arroqueno is a favorite.

$150+
If you can find these, they are often quite interesting releases. Do your research!

El Jolgorio Black Bottles
Some of the most sought after releases in mezcal right now. The black bottle designates what they think are the most special.

La Venenosa Puntas or Tutsi
La Venenosa’s top end bottles are their Puntas (a special styled high ABV release, well beyond the legal limits to be called “R”aicilla), and their Tutsi project to revive a ‘lost’ distillate. An incredibly exciting portfolio, but costing a pretty penny.

Real Minero Ancestral
Pricing appears to be creeping up, but these small black label releases marked “ancestral” are worth looking into if you’re lucky enough to find them. Typically, they are small batch ensembles, all from one producer in Santa Catarina Minas.

Mezonte
This is a house based in Guadalajara, Jalisco that sources really fantastic batches of mezcales from all over Mexico. While they are pricey, they are consistently great and engaging. Most often, you’ll see batches from Jalisco (“r”aicilla), but there’s a number of releases and new ones coming all the time.

Lalocura
Lalocura is the export brand for a famous producer in Santa Catarina Minas, a town well known for its use of clay pot stills in production. While expensive, they’re some of the most consistent and incredible offerings available in this style.

Farolito
The export brand for the cult-status ‘library’ curated at In Situ’s bar in Oaxaca, these are very small batches also of high quality and from producers you’re not likely to see working with other brands

View Quote

Wow....! That’s quite a library.....!
Thank you...I hope you copy/pasted that and didn’t have to spend too much time for me on your weekend, but I REALLY appreciate it...! I will get busy this week and see what I come up with.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#48]

Wow....! That’s quite a library.....!
Thank you...I hope you copy/pasted that and didn’t have to spend too much time for me on your weekend, but I REALLY appreciate it...! I will get busy this week and see what I come up with.
View Quote

Ha, a few of us wrote that a while back for our discord, so no worries there. It was about 5 of us so has a good mixture of people with different taste
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#49]
awe yeah! Great mail day today.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WOAFP:
awe yeah! Great mail day today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349595/nbd1gojo-1434647.jpg
View Quote

Awesome score....!

I’m still in the Phoenix area, but many of the liquor stores aren’t opening their doors and are still drive-thru only because of COVID-19. I’m sure there are bottles of unique agave spirits hiding on the shelves but can’t be found except to ask specifically for them. I did acquire a full set of offerings of the Currenos brand since it’s not available in any other state yet, and for the wife (she’s not a mezcal fan) a bottle of Avion Reserva 44. It’s a beautiful bottle and I hope she will enjoy it.
I’ve got until Saturday to dig up some more liquor to take home with me so maybe I’ll get lucky.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top