Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I use RDAs only so that won't be a problem.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:
Been playing with my Deadly Sin clone. The problem is that I ran out of my sample of DS to compare it to. I made this mix a few days ago.

All TFA flavors

13% Vanilla Custard
8% Cinnamon Danish
4% Pie Crust

It is even better than my first attempt!!! Like I said I'm not sure how it compares to the real DS since I ran out of sywagon's sample, but it is fuckin' fantastic!!! If you have these flavors I recommend making it!!
View Quote

My pants just got a bit tight. Once I burn through (or donate) all of the juice I have accumulated I am going to get some DIY supplies and give this a shot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:16:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcatcg] [#4]
@Keith, is it time for us to put up a recipe thread sticky? I know you've got several good recipes. I've finally gotten a couple that are in the "I'm done tweaking, it's just right" category. I'm sure others have some good ones too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not DIYing juice yet, but I found this page, figure it might help someone.

http://www.kritikalmass.net/products.asp?cat=Clone+Recipes
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey juice makers, there is this guy who has ties to many different major juice companies who is looking for samples to try.  He's holding a contest where the winning juice will be selected to be added to the line-up of his choice of vendor.

All you have to do is contact him via email, get his shipping info, and send him a 15ml bottle of your best juice.  Here is the contest page and his email is listed there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Hey juice makers, there is this guy who has ties to many different major juice companies who is looking for samples to try.  He's holding a contest where the winning juice will be selected to be added to the line-up of his choice of vendor.

All you have to do is contact him via email, get his shipping info, and send him a 15ml bottle of your best juice.  Here is the contest page and his email is listed there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm not sure if we have enough for a sticky. Plus I'm trying to keep the stickies from becoming a whole page. So for the time being I'd just say post them here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
@Keith, is it time for us to put up a recipe thread sticky? I know you've got several good recipes. I've finally gotten a couple that are in the "I'm done tweaking, it's just right" category. I'm sure others have some good ones too.

I'm not sure if we have enough for a sticky. Plus I'm trying to keep the stickies from becoming a whole page. So for the time being I'd just say post them here.

I think we can un-sticky my deals thread.  Pretty much all of us, including myself, just start threads on new stuff or good deals nowadays anyway.

Make room for a more useful sticky.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Vapor joe just posted this-

1-liter 100mg nic base for $50 here- https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nicotine-base-flavorings/nicotine-solutions/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-9390.html

Got two liters on the way. Think that will put my nic reserve right at 5 liters.... Should last me till I die.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm looking to get into DIY in the next couple of weeks. Using an RDA exclusively has put my juice costs through the roof. I've been able to find some decent prices on VG and Nic but finding a decent place to get flavorings from has been elusive. Where you do guys get your well priced flavorings? I'm not particular about the maker but will more than likely start out with TFA.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#17]
^ That's where I get most of mine as well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Perfect. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:47:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By aperdue:
Well, just placed my first order. Hope I didn't forget anything:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     <tfoot>                    </tfoot>
Vegetable Glycerin USP - 500ml          

Propylene Glycol USP - 500ml          

Blackberry Flavor (TFA)          

Caramel Cappuccino Flavor (TFA)          

Caramel Original Flavor (TFA)          

Green Apple Flavor  (TFA)          

Lemon Lime Flavor (TFA)          

Peach Flavor Concentrate (TFA)          

Pomegranate Deluxe Flavor Concentrate (TFA)          

Strawberry Flavor Concentrate (TFA)          

Watermelon Flavor Concentrate (TFA)          

Vanilla Custard Flavor Concentrate (TFA)          

Pie Crust Flavor  (TFA)          

Cinnamon Danish Flavor  (TFA)          

1ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts          

3ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts          

5ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts          

10ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts          

20ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts          

14ga Blunt Tip Luer-Lock Needle 1.5" - Quantity Discounts          

30ml Cobalt Blue Glass Bottle w/ Glass Dropper Top          

10ml LDPE Dropper Bottle with Child Resist Cap          

120ml Amber Glass Bottle w/ Polycone Cap          

View Quote

That looks pretty good. You might invest in a 10ml graduated cylinder, for precision's sake. I've often found that syringes can be slightly off (maybe a tenth, plus or minus whatever is left in the needle,) and 10ml bottles are about 10ml at the point where they start to narrow at the top.

Of course, I rarely use mine anymore, since it's a PITA to get all of your juice out of one, particularly with VG. However, it's nice to be able to get a feel for the proportions.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I need a favor from someone.  

I need someone to either make or link me a juice that taste just like Vanilla Pudding (jello kind) or banana pudding
Might give something away for the person with the closet match to either or both
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:31:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aperdue] [#23]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:22:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Enlightenme556] [#25]
I'll be ordering DIY supplies from wizard labs today.
Banana cream pie from mbv is a favorite of mine.  
anyone have a recipe for something similar so I can get the right flavorings?

Ordered a whole bunch of stuff. I'll check back in in a week or so.

Vape mail!

Tips from a DIY newb.
Buy more needle tips than you think you'll need. I have 5. I could use 10. At least. Also, try to get larger than 14g for VG. I'll be getting a few 20g.
I bought a few 120 & 60ml glass bottles. Haven't found a way to use them yet.
5ml plastic bottles are good for experimenting.
pipettes are nice to have. I should have gotten a few more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone have any experience with cinnamon oil?

Specifically, I picked up a bottle of Humco "artificial cassia oil". I'd like to try it in an e-liquid, but I don't want to, umm, die. Bottle says it's food grade. I put a drop on my tongue, and it was like imbibing the essence of a handful of Red Hots, all at once
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Do any of the major vendors for DIY juice supplies sell stuff in smaller quantities?  Like if someone wanted to take a stab at DIY, but not buy 500ml bottles of everything.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: F4Squid] [#28]
Do any of the major vendors for DIY juice supplies sell stuff in smaller quantities?  Like if someone wanted to take a stab at DIY, but not buy 500ml bottles of everything.
View Quote

PG 0mg to 100mg,  and the same for vg

ETA left out both are available 10ml-120ml
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Wizard Labs has the bases in as small as 120ml. Flavors are where you're gonna spend money. If you are just testing the waters, maybe only get a handful of flavors from recipes you specifically want to try, rather than buying enough flavors to start experimenting with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Wizard Labs has the bases in as small as 120ml. Flavors are where you're gonna spend money. If you are just testing the waters, maybe only get a handful of flavors from recipes you specifically want to try, rather than buying enough flavors to start experimenting with.
View All Quotes

Yep. I spent $25 on VG & nic. 500ml & 120. I spent another $40 on sample flavors at $1.50 each.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Interdasting.

Yeah, I wouldn't be experimenting and trying to come up with my own flavors, or many different flavors.  I'm not one to use many different juices as it is.  I buy huge bottles of whatever my favorite juice is at the time, from MBV, and use the same juice, until it's gone.  Thinking about just using some of your guys' recipes.  Maybe 2-3 of them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Interdasting.

Yeah, I wouldn't be experimenting and trying to come up with my own flavors, or many different flavors.  I'm not one to use many different juices as it is.  I buy huge bottles of whatever my favorite juice is at the time, from MBV, and use the same juice, until it's gone.  Thinking about just using some of your guys' recipes.  Maybe 2-3 of them.
View Quote

Do it. So much cheaper. Less than $2/30ml
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Enlightenme556:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Enlightenme556:
Interdasting.

Yeah, I might give it a try and see which overpowers the other; my cheapness, or my laziness when it comes to ecig stuff.

Which recipes spark your interest?

Pretty much any fruit flavors.  It's all I use now.  I've been on a Strawberry Kiwi kick for a long time now.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcatcg] [#35]
I've got one posted on the recipe thread I suspect you'd really like based on what you've posted in the past.

It's the Orange/Strawberry/Menthol one.

I've got another I've been tweaking for months now that I think I finally scored on, that I can post up this weekend.  It's Raspberry/Cranberry/Strawberry/Menthol. I suspect you'd really like that one as well. Not a Hawk Sauce clone, but kinda the same sweet/tart/menthol vibe.

ETA: Actually I can post up that one now too. Forgot I have the recipe with me on my laptop.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Yep.  Those do sound good.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:47:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohiogators] [#37]
Pretty good deal at My Freedom Smokes right now.  I just bought 1 liter of 100mg nic base for $50 and they have free shipping for the holiday weekend.  

Let's see.....right now I am using 2.7ml of nic base per 30ml bottle (9mg).

1000/2.7=370

370 30ml bottles

Should last well over 2 years.  

Coupon code is freeship
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#38]
1 gal PG

1 gal VG

1 gal of PG and VG w/ free shipping

They are both food grade kosher, and seem to be a good deal. I have never purchased from them, found this site from ECF.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Wonder how much shipping is. The two ordered separately comes out to $40.79.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lvjeffro:
1 gal PG

1 gal VG

They are both food grade kosher, and seem to be a good deal. I have never purchased from them, found this site from ECF.

Wonder how much shipping is. The two ordered separately comes out to $40.79.

19.33 shipping to NY
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't use PG but they have 2 gallons of VG for $49 shipped.  That is 7570ml. I currently use 21ml per 30ml bottle.

7570/21=360

360 30ml bottles. And I just ordered enough nic base for 370 bottles. Sounds like a perfect match to me.

That would put my pre flavor cost of 30ml at 27 cents. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Guess it's time to research shelf life of VG.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:25:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: F4Squid] [#43]
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:

View Quote

Back when I researched it info I found on manafactuers pages was 2 year shelf life. Can freeze it if you got the freezer space.Thats for plain pg/vg. The nic base is more like a year till the nicotine will start breaking down.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By lvjeffro:
1 gal PG

1 gal VG

View Quote

They are good to go. Order the two with free shipping and it's as good as wizard labs stuff.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAGERBOMBER] [#45]
Originally Posted By F4Squid:

Back when I researched it info I found on manafactuers pages was 2 year shelf life. Can freeze it if you got the freezer space.Thats for plain pg/vg. The nic base is more like a year till the nicotine will start breaking down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By F4Squid:
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:

Something I picked up along the way... Don't remember if on ECF or the UK forum

"As a professional chemist, I would recommend storing long term in glass. Nic in high concentration will slowly dissolve plastic, and PG will leach plasticizers from plastic. VG might too.
Sun’s fridge issues were with flavored juices stored six months, some of which were not even opened. I believe they were early Johnson Creek. The culprit was probably water in the JC recipe. I think decomp would have happened anyway, regardless. I do not think it was necessarily the fridge itself.
A sealed glass bottle of unflavored nic juice will not allow water in. The only reactant here is O2, which if there is little head room is negligible. O2 is very slightly soluble in PG or VG, and will be present in trace quantities in the solution no matter what you do, but it is not enough to make any appreciable change in 100 mg juice, even if it all reacts.
I use glass bottles from specialtybottles.com for storage of my unflavored 35-100 mg VG nic juice. The ones with eurodropper inserts, since I use them for syringe dispensing. Just stick an 18 gauge blunt needle through the center hole. With these inserts, accidental spill, which is a DISASTER with 100 mg juice, is eliminated. I use 50 mL bottles (although given how fast I go through them, I should have used 30 mL), fill them almost to the rim, put in the insert and screw on the cap.
I store them in the freezer. As long as they are brought to room temp before opening them, the liquid will not absorb much water from the air. I pull out one bottle at a time for juice making. I just pulled out a 100 mg VG bottle stored since January, and it has not even discolored compared to the original very slightly yellow, as in VERY slightly yellow. In my freezer, PG and VG do not freeze (I have some DV PG juice stored too), nor do they expand. VG becomes VERY thick, like rubber cement at the temp of my freezer. I have not tested for nic content, but the juices I make now are in my opinion no less potent than when I got the juice fresh.
Cool, dark, and dry is appropriate for a bottle opened and being actively used for DIY. Sealed is sealed, and extreme cold almost eliminates the kinetics of any O2 reactions and mold or bacteria growth, which is also almost eliminated by nic itself, PG or VG.
From what I know about these chemicals, I expect the juice to last certainly much much longer than 24 months, and probably many years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Starting out I ordered all my stuff from wizard labs, including about 20 tfa flavors. ~$1.50 each.
Now I put in an order with tfa for 6 large bottles for $5, and a few more for ~$1.50.

Of course it's my fault for not reading, 'murica!, but wtf.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Who has juices with no names?  Let me name them.  I promise to keep it classy and professional.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#48]
My Orangecicle juice needs a better name

(mainly orange flavor with strawberry accents/fill and menthol)
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I already gave you one in the 'What are vaping on now?' thread.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Just saw it. Cool and thanks
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top