Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 121
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By DuBri:

I ordered a provari v2 on advice from this thread.  Tomorrow makes 3 weeks cig free.  I cannot put into words how much better I feel.  More energy, better sense of taste and smell.  I probably smell way better to the nonsmokers in my life.  

When I first got it I vaped all day every day and probably took in a heck of a lot more nicotine than I usually did(had been averaging a pack every 2-3 days).  Now that the cool new toy factor wore off I'm back to just using it at times I'd normally have a cigarette(in the car on the way too and from work, and on breaks at work, having drinks with friends).

Best money I ever spent on anything ever, hands down.  
ETA:  I'll add that every other time I tried to quit smoking, the smell of cigs sparked a craving something fierce.  As it stands now they don't even phase me.  Wouldn't smoke a real one even if I forgot my e-cig.

Good for you dude!

And the smell of cigarettes grosses me out now.

I can and do smoke them here and there, but I won't do it in the house.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:17:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny_dot_exe] [#2]
I was pack-a-day smoking for 10 years and then ordered a pair of eGo 650mah manual batteries, USB rapid charger, a 5pack of boge 3.0 cartos, a 5pack of boge 2.0 cartos, and the three most popular dekang liquids.  Once I got the batteries charged, cartos filled, etc...quit smoking right then and there.

That was almost 2 years ago and over the last 5-6 months I've been sneaking the occasional analog here and there but I blame my new gf because she's a smoker and I do it in the car where my Reo is somewhat inconvenient to use.  Last analog I had was a few days ago and I honestly don't ever find myself thinking about them while vaping.  I'm working on piecing together a nice kit for her.  She's been using my copper tube mod but doesn't like the liquid so I'll probably order a bunch of samples from FSUSA and some other vendors I like until we find some she enjoys.

Once I settled in to vaping, found ECF forum, etc that's when it turned in to a hobby.  I had parts, mods, batteries, liquids, accessories, etc coming in every other day.  More times than not I'd come home to an overflowing mailbox.  I did all sorts of buying/selling/trading to get where I'm at today and am done for the most part but I still do weekly orders because I build/sell complete boxmod and tubemod kits to friends/family/etc out here.  I make next to nothing but I enjoy getting people to quit smoking because I remember how awesome I felt after my body was done detoxing.

ETA:  While I haven't "quit" by some peoples' standards, I did kick smoking.  I went in to this wanting the nicotine but not the mile long list of unhealthy chemicals, smoke, etc.  Not only are e-cigs proven to be healthier and safer, but it's also a cheaper habit and its price will only get more appealing as technology advances and analogs get more expensive.

Could I quit e-cigs?  Probably not, but if I wanted to it would be easier than quitting smoking because I have the option of adjusting nicotine levels down until I get to zero.  At that point the only thing left to kick is the mental addiction.  Some people vape 0mg daily with no intention of quitting simply because they enjoy vaping and all the different types/flavors of liquid out there.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By johnny_dot_exe:

Originally Posted By bigern26:

Cool thanks, So how much vaping can I expect from a bottle of juice?

Also does the duel coil cartomizer basically replace a atomizer and tank?

Or am I getting parts mixed up?

I go through about 3-4ml/day on my Reo Mini which is a bottom-feeder with a 1.5ohm dewicked/debridged atomizer and 18mg liquid.

When I switch to my ThagBuilt copper-tube, which is basically just a fancy version of that plastic bolt, I go through about 2ml/day and that's on the 3.5ml/1.5ohm dual coil tank carto with 30mg liquid.

This all heavily depends on your own personal taste and vape habit.  Once you settle in you'll quickly figure out if you need less or more nicotine, how much liquid you go through and how often you'll need to order, and if you want to adjust for more PG or more VG(both explained on page 1 and 2).

You can reduce liquid ordering frequency and save a few bucks by ordering larger amounts but this is a decision best made once you know the nic level, ratio, and flavor you like...otherwise you can get stuck with a $25+ bottle of liquid you dislike.  Start small, maybe 10ml bottles of various flavors until you find something you really enjoy.  You also shouldn't run multiple flavors through the same carto refill unless you clean them which can be a pain in the ass(boiling, vodka, syringe flush, etc).  The tanks themselves can be taken apart and rinsed out easily.

ETA:  Haven't seen it mentioned yet but liquids can get better with age so don't throw out the ones you dislike unless you just plain couldn't stand them, and even then give this method a try.  There is a process called "steeping" where you leave the bottle cap and dripper off overnight, recap it and shake well the next day, then let it sit capped for up to a week or more in a dark/cool spot.  I've had some liquids that were "meh" and ended up being pretty damn good after a week of steeping.

I was a pack a day smoker and I go through a 5 ml tank about every four days.  

I use the 30mg nicotine juice from freedomsmokeusa though.  It packs a punch.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By gonzo_beyondo:

Originally Posted By Banjaxed:

Quitting is different for everybody. Out of all the people I know who quit and stayed quit we all had our own individual methods for doing so. I'm always reluctant to condone ecigs as harm reduction method because there really are no long term studies and zero FDA oversight as to what goes into the mix. Independent lab tests have shown that the nicotine content almost always varies from what is marked on the package. They even found several "nicotine free" variants that did in fact contain nicotine. For quitting I don't personally know any who have quit that way and that is out of several firefighters and medics I work with who have tried them. Like I said, most end up back on real cigs eventually. I'm not an anti smoking Nazi at all and still enjoy the occasional cigar. I just think people who look to these as a method of quitting are kidding themselves. Like an alcoholic trying to go sober by drinking non alcoholic beer spiked with Everclear.

Now if you're not interested in quitting then by all means vape away if it makes you happy. You won't hear me complaining. My interest in them was to quit though and that's the question I addressed.

We have several members here who've used them to quit.

I do realize quitting is different for everyone, but hell, even I walked away from cigs for 2 years, e-cig for 1 year.
If I didn't start smoking a hookah... I wouldn't have picked the e-cig back up at all.

But for me, my priorities were:
1.) avoiding the onerous taxation of the S-Chip program.
2.) Getting away from the chemicals in commercial cigarettes.

In all honesty, were it not for S-Chip, I wouldn't have wanted to quit.
My desire to smoke cigarettes is outweighed by my revulsion at supporting oblama's kids.

Now what ended up happening was that e-cigs woke me up to how nasty cigarettes actually are. And that was the end of it.
These days I do roll my own on occasion with natural "pipe" tobacco... but still, I don't miss the habit.

At the end of the day, I believe e-cigarettes are the best cessation method out there.
You're entitled to your opinion, but the numbers of people quitting cigs is growing rapidly.
The Chinese can't even keep up with all the demand for devices and cartomizers...
And as for juice, you can buy from reputable producers or even make your own. It's easy.

FDA regs? Don't they regulate cigarettes? Have you ever seen the ingredients list for cigarettes?
Yeah bro, I'm not concerned with the candy flavoring, the PG/VG, and nicotine. Not at all.

But I don't buy juice made in China either.

Are these people quitting or just switching to vaping though? Because if it's the latter then you're really just trading one habit for another. It's cheaper.....for now. Eventually the fed, state, county, and cities will tax them too. As for harm reduction time will tell I guess. As of now they are still too new to say what the long term effects are. Could be safer and could be worse.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By DuBri:
I ordered a provari v2 on advice from this thread.  Tomorrow makes 3 weeks cig free.  I cannot put into words how much better I feel.  More energy, better sense of taste and smell.  I probably smell way better to the nonsmokers in my life.  

When I first got it I vaped all day every day and probably took in a heck of a lot more nicotine than I usually did(had been averaging a pack every 2-3 days).  Now that the cool new toy factor wore off I'm back to just using it at times I'd normally have a cigarette(in the car on the way too and from work, and on breaks at work, having drinks with friends).

Best money I ever spent on anything ever, hands down.  

ETA:  I'll add that every other time I tried to quit smoking, the smell of cigs sparked a craving something fierce.  As it stands now they don't even phase me.  Wouldn't smoke a real one even if I forgot my e-cig.

Good for you dude!

And the smell of cigarettes grosses me out now.
I can and do smoke them here and there, but I won't do it in the house.

That we can agree on. After a few weeks of not smoking I could smell a smoker a mile away and it was disgusting. I though to myself "fuck is that that I smelled like" .

That alone was enough to keep me from restarting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Are these people quitting or just switching to vaping though? Because if it's the latter then you're really just trading one habit for another. It's cheaper.....for now. Eventually the fed, state, county, and cities will tax them too. As for harm reduction time will tell I guess. As of now they are still too new to say what the long term effects are. Could be safer and could be worse.

Bro, I understand completely where you're coming from on the whole "trading" thing.

My best answer to you on that... I don't know.

I do know that some have quit cigs/e-cigs altogether. And like I say, even I did at one point. And now I know what life is like without it.

For me, it wouldn't be hard to walk away like it once was.

As to others, it's tough to gauge, because people who've walked away, tend to not participate in the e-cig discussions or forums anymore.

They just move on. Those of us hanging around... we enjoy our nicotine.

The big thing why I push e-cigs, is because if you go about it right...

it'll convince you that you don't need, or like, cigarettes anymore.

And I stand by that statement.

Yeah, you might trade one for the other... but so what?

Reduce your nicotine gradually until you realize you just don't care to bother anymore.

It's about breaking that hold. You did it with dip. I think dip is a hell of a lot worse than e-cig juice.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Been smoking a pack a day for almost 20 years, want to quit. Will these help?  

What would you all recommend to get just to try it out.

I am looking for cheap as funds are tight right now.

Depends.

I was at a pack a day for ten years when I tried one. After a day with it I said "fuck this shit" and went back to real cigarettes. I finally quit smoking with Copenhagen for a few months until I got disgusted with that habit and gave it up too. Switching to dip helped because it broke half my addiction at a time. The first addiction was the act of smoking, the second was the actual nicotine. The first was harder to give up. The second was fairly easy after that.

Some say it helps them quit but in my observations people vape for a while and end up right back on regular cigs once they tire of messing with finding the right atomizer, juice, etc, etc and spend a fortune in ecig accessories. I don't see how taking on a new habit that so closely simulates the one you're trying to quit will really help you quit rather than just continuing it in a slightly different way.

You had a bad experience probably, no... quite likely owing to the device and cartridge, as well as the flavor, battery, and so on, of a shitkit.

I had a few cigs today after a couple weeks abstinence. I tell ya what... I sure as hell don't want to go back.

They're alright on occasion, but they mostly remind me how much I don't miss them. They're not enjoyable.

Quitting is different for everybody. Out of all the people I know who quit and stayed quit we all had our own individual methods for doing so. I'm always reluctant to condone ecigs as harm reduction method because there really are no long term studies and zero FDA oversight as to what goes into the mix. Independent lab tests have shown that the nicotine content almost always varies from what is marked on the package. They even found several "nicotine free" variants that did in fact contain nicotine. For quitting I don't personally know any who have quit that way and that is out of several firefighters and medics I work with who have tried them. Like I said, most end up back on real cigs eventually. I'm not an anti smoking Nazi at all and still enjoy the occasional cigar. I just think people who look to these as a method of quitting are kidding themselves. Like an alcoholic trying to go sober by drinking non alcoholic beer spiked with Everclear.

Now if you're not interested in quitting then by all means vape away if it makes you happy. You won't hear me complaining. My interest in them was to quit though and that's the question I addressed.

The first time it didn't work for me because the gear was crap. I decided to wait until the market was better to try again.   The stuff I have now is awesome.  My lungs and body already feel much better and it has only been a few weeks.  

I wanted to quit smoking cigs. I did.  So far they haven't come up with much reason not to use e cigs. They are better for you than smoking cigs and I like smoking.  There is a lot of money being thrown at trying to prove something wrong with them.  Government and tobacco industry stand to loose a lot of revenue. Hard to tax something you can't prove is hurting you much and hard to get people to buy tobacco if e cigs continue to gain popularity and market forces keep making it cheaper and higher quality like it has been so far.

It has worked better than the patch or the gum for me. I haven't smoked since my gear showed up and I don't want to. The smell in my car I can't get rid of is reason enough.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

I haven't smoked since my gear showed up and I don't want to. The smell in my car I can't get rid of is reason enough.

Dude, you have to.

Just take a drag or two off someone's commercial cigarette.

You will be amazed.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#9]

I do realize quitting is different for everyone, but hell, even I walked away from cigs for 2 years, e-cig for 1 year.
If I didn't start smoking a hookah... I wouldn't have picked the e-cig back up at all.

My desire to smoke cigarettes is outweighed by my revulsion at supporting oblama's kids.

Now what ended up happening was that e-cigs woke me up to how nasty cigarettes actually are. And that was the end of it.
These days I do roll my own on occasion with natural "pipe" tobacco... but still, I don't miss the habit.

At the end of the day, I believe e-cigarettes are the best cessation method out there.
You're entitled to your opinion, but the numbers of people quitting cigs is growing rapidly.
The Chinese can't even keep up with all the demand for devices and cartomizers...
And as for juice, you can buy from reputable producers or even make your own. It's easy.

FDA regs? Don't they regulate cigarettes? Have you ever seen the ingredients list for cigarettes?
Yeah bro, I'm not concerned with the candy flavoring, the PG/VG, and nicotine. Not at all.

Might wanna edit that.  While it's fine to say that YOU quit smoking by using e-cigs, it's actually illegal to call e-cigs a smoking cessation method (or recommend them as a means to quitting).  I know it's bullshit, but legally it's a smoking alternative, NOT a cessation device.  Until the e-cig manufacturers go through the red tape of getting them qualified as a "drug or drug delivery device" by the FDA (they're currently classified as tobacco products) it's illegal to claim that they're useful for quitting (as retarded as that is) even if you're not selling them.  It's similar to how it's illegal to claim that water can be used to prevent or treat dehydration in the EU.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:44:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By gribble:

Might wanna edit that.  While it's fine to say that YOU quit smoking by using e-cigs, it's actually illegal to call e-cigs a smoking cessation method (or recommend them as a means to quitting).  I know it's bullshit, but legally it's a smoking alternative, NOT a cessation device.  Until the e-cig manufacturers go through the red tape of getting them qualified as a "drug or drug delivery device" by the FDA (they're currently classified as tobacco products) it's illegal to claim that they're useful for quitting (as retarded as that is) even if you're not selling them.  It's similar to how it's illegal to claim that water can be used to prevent or treat dehydration in the EU.

I think that only applies to retailers.  You can't sell them as a cessation method because it hasn't been confirmed/denied by the FDA yet.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 1:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By gribble:

Only if I was advertising it as such, and I'm not selling a motherfucking thing.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#12]

I would say yes they are quitting smoking. If I quit smoking and got in the habit of buying ammo or guns......Is that different? vaping and smoking are different. If I quit smoking and start vaping I did quit smoking cigs right?
just because I am supplementing with something similar dont mean crap.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#13]

I would say yes they are quitting smoking. If I quit smoking and got in the habit of buying ammo or guns......Is that different? vaping and smoking are different. If I quit smoking and start vaping I did quit smoking cigs right?
just because I am supplementing with something similar dont mean crap.

You're still feeding a physical addiction though. If ecigs were banned tomorrow (a very realistic possibility) how long before you went back to traditional smokes? How much money are you forced to spend on it every month? Could you just give up ecigs and go without, starting today if you really wanted?

I see the two as the same. The only thing you have done is slightly alter the method of delivery.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#14]

You're still feeding a physical addiction though. If ecigs were banned tomorrow (a very realistic possibility) how long before you went back to traditional smokes? How much money are you forced to spend on it every month? Could you just give up ecigs and go without, starting today if you really wanted?

I see the two as the same. The only thing you have done is slightly alter the method of delivery.

I see your point, but also feel its personal feeling. If I stop smoking cigs and just vape I have quit smoking, now whos to say I cannot stop vaping easier that cigs? I dont know yet. I am going to try it and see.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#15]

I see your point, but also feel its personal feeling. If I stop smoking cigs and just vape I have quit smoking, now whos to say I cannot stop vaping easier that cigs? I dont know yet. I am going to try it and see.

Like I said, vape to your hearts content. I'm not one to go around telling people what they should and should not do. I just see a logical fallacy in a person saying they quit when they are still dependent on inhaling nicotine laced vapor. I'm sure it's not as harmful as traditional smokes but I doubt sucking anything other than the air were supposed to breath into your lungs is healthy and without effects. On the plus side though you're saving some money I guess and you don't reek like cigarettes anymore which in itself is a huge plus.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#16]
hey I dont smell
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]
After finding this thread about 4 weeks ago i got very curious about vaping as a way to kick my 15 yr smoking habit.  I did some furious research for a few days and finally walked into my local vapor shop, Sin City Vapor, here in Vegas.  They hooked me up with an eGo-T 1100mah kit, with eGo clearomizers and a few bottles of juice.  I went home with a kit for my wife too, who is a heavier smoker than I.  Impressed with my cool new toys I decided to give it a try.

That was a month ago.

I have not smoked an analog since.

Thank you GD for getting me off smoking forever.  I will never smoke again, the smell and thought of it makes me seriously sick.  I'm still using my eGo kit, because the batteries last me well over a day, and spending a few bucks on clearomizers every couple weeks is fine with me.  I am now mixing my own flavor out of several commercial juices which completely satisfies my needs.  I vape less than I smoked, nicotine wise, and feel way better.

I don't feel like I will ever get that into all the gadgets and gizmos of serious vapers,  I will probably just stop vaping when I titrate down to no nicotine.  My wife is struggling a bit but has now been analog free for a week.

Anyone who wants to argue that vaping doesnt solve the problem can do that, I firmly believe, however, it has probably saved my life.

Thanks guys, and happy vaping.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Armed_RN:

After finding this thread about 4 weeks ago i got very curious about vaping as a way to kick my 15 yr smoking habit.  I did some furious research for a few days and finally walked into my local vapor shop, Sin City Vapor, here in Vegas.  They hooked me up with an eGo-T 1100mah kit, with eGo clearomizers and a few bottles of juice.  I went home with a kit for my wife too, who is a heavier smoker than I.  Impressed with my cool new toys I decided to give it a try.

That was a month ago.

I have not smoked an analog since.

Thank you GD for getting me off smoking forever.  I will never smoke again, the smell and thought of it makes me seriously sick.  I'm still using my eGo kit, because the batteries last me well over a day, and spending a few bucks on clearomizers every couple weeks is fine with me.  I am now mixing my own flavor out of several commercial juices which completely satisfies my needs.  I vape less than I smoked, nicotine wise, and feel way better.

I don't feel like I will ever get that into all the gadgets and gizmos of serious vapers,  I will probably just stop vaping when I titrate down to no nicotine.  My wife is struggling a bit but has now been analog free for a week.

Anyone who wants to argue that vaping doesnt solve the problem can do that, I firmly believe, however, it has probably saved my life.

Thanks guys, and happy vaping.

Those eGo kits, IMHO, are one of the most popular kits that get people off analogs.  They're inexpensive, widely available, and come in so many configurations that you can pretty much set them up for whatever type of vaping appeals to you most.  The best part is that they're stylish and small so they're great for those that don't want a boxmod or dildo-sized tube mod.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]
What about helping cigar smokers smoke less?  Do these help?
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SteveSatch:
What about helping cigar smokers smoke less?  Do these help?

They have cigar flavored juice

Link Posted: 9/29/2012 10:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: angry2021] [#21]
VaporForce was created to provide specialized personal vaporizer systems for law enforcement officers, firefighters, Federal agents, EMS personnel and the military.  Our staff come from military and police backgrounds.

http://www.vaporforce.us/VaporForce/Welcome.html
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Totally Wicked did a limited run of their Gold Standard concentrates as pre-mixed juices. They're at about 18mg strength, and you can get a 5 flavor, 10ml bottle sample pack for about 20 bucks. If you mix your own juices, this is a great way to try some good stuff without having to buy a bottle of concentrate that you end up hating. So far the Peach Schnapps and Sex on the Beach have been fucking fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By angry2021:

VaporForce was created to provide specialized personal vaporizer systems for law enforcement officers, firefighters, Federal agents, EMS personnel and the military.  Our staff come from military and police backgrounds.

http://www.vaporforce.us/VaporForce/Welcome.html

Holy shit!

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Speedie:
Very helpful thread! Thanks to all who have contributed their time and expertise.

Looking to get started and buy once cry once, and I want to be sure I have my head wrapped around this before I hit checkout. There's a lot of jargon and slang in the E-Cig world it seems, so if one of the more experienced users could verify that I'm good to go then that would be great:

ProVari + Extension Cap + 2 x 18650 Batteries + Charger from ProVape
ViVi Nova 3.5ml V 2.5 Tank from GotVapes
1.8 ohm and 2.4 ohm ViVi Nova Heads from GotVapes
Various E-Liquids from MyFreedomSmokes

Am I missing anything?

Everything arrived today and whoah! The difference between a setup like this and a mall kiosk e-cig is night and day. With the ProVari set on 4.2v and the 1.8 ohm head installed in the Vivi Nova tank, the volume of vapor is amazing. I'm trying the 24mg US Red liquid from MyFreedomSmokes.com first. Slightly sweet taste, but not that far off the taste of a regular cigarette. More pleasant in fact. The throat hit is extremely realistic which was my big gripe with the cheaper e-cigs that I'd tried before.

I also have Buttered Rum, 555, Coffee, and Pina Colada liquids from MFS. I don't know which one to try next LOL!

For those of you who are on the fence, all I can say is do it. Is it cheap? No. But at $8 a pack around these parts, it's a damn sight cheaper than cigarettes and with all the obvious health benefits to boot. At a pack a day it won't take long to recover the $300 or so invested.

A big THANK-YOU to those who so generously offered their time and experience in this thread. I doubt I'll ever light another cigarette again. This isn't just a substitute, it's BETTER!
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone is considering quitting with ecigs, let me know and I'll get you a freebie.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I plan on buying everything that johnny_dot_exe recommended to me on page 3 within the week. I am going to try to quit smoking using the e-cig, I think it will work for me as I enjoy the crap out of smoking, Just sick of the smell, cant breath, and who knows when I will die. But at least I am taking a step forward.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#28]

I plan on buying everything that johnny_dot_exe recommended to me on page 3 within the week. I am going to try to quit smoking using the e-cig, I think it will work for me as I enjoy the crap out of smoking, Just sick of the smell, cant breath, and who knows when I will die. But at least I am taking a step forward.

You figure out what liquids you're going with?  Are you getting the plastic or metal bolt?

If you have any other questions just let us know.  One thing I learned in the e-cig world is that everyone is more than willing to help others because we remember how great it felt to finally quit smoking and passing that on to someone else is a great feeling.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#29]

You figure out what liquids you're going with?  Are you getting the plastic or metal bolt?

If you have any other questions just let us know.  One thing I learned in the e-cig world is that everyone is more than willing to help others because we remember how great it felt to finally quit smoking and passing that on to someone else is a great feeling.

I think I am going to try the pall mall flavor from freedomsmokeusa and maybe a 555 from backwoods, not sure though as the freedomsmokeusa one is 50/50 and the ones at backwoods dont say the percentage.
I am still looking at the different juices, I want to try a 70/30 with good tobacco flavor.  I am not into the fruity stuff, food stuff or other flavors.
I would like to get into mixing but that is down the road.

I am just getting the plastic bolt for now.

Thanks again for all the help.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Hell yeah. I'm always willing to help as best I can, based on what experience I have.

The key to success with e-cigs is to purchase wisely.

Whether you go with an eGo kit or a Bolt or a Provari, you'll have a good experience.

There are tons of junk products on the market, we can help you avoid junk.

We might bicker amongst ourselves over which way is better or which mod is better, but at the end of the day...

These people have years of trial and error and are all suggesting good stuff based on that.

We've spent lots of our money learning through frustration so that you don't have to.

If you've got a budget, any budget, we can make this work for you, and get you off those fucking cigarettes.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#31]

I think I am going to try the pall mall flavor from freedomsmokeusa and maybe a 555 from backwoods, not sure though as the freedomsmokeusa one is 50/50 and the ones at backwoods dont say the percentage.

I am still looking at the different juices, I want to try a 70/30 with good tobacco flavor.  I am not into the fruity stuff, food stuff or other flavors.

BWB has some pretty sweet tobacco flavors.  FSUSA has a few that I liked but I got tired of them as a daily vape so I've moved back to their Spearmint which I love.

FSUSA's specialty liquids are 50/50 only and I'm not sure why that is.  I don't recall what BWB's ratio was but you could shoot them an e-mail and they'll respond quickly.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

If anyone is considering quitting with ecigs, let me know and I'll get you a freebie.

Where were you when I started out?  

I hope you get a lot of people who take you up on that.

Very nice offer, dude.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Everything arrived today and whoah! The difference between a setup like this and a mall kiosk e-cig is night and day. With the ProVari set on 4.2v and the 1.8 ohm head installed in the Vivi Nova tank, the volume of vapor is amazing. I'm trying the 24mg US Red liquid from MyFreedomSmokes.com first. Slightly sweet taste, but not that far off the taste of a regular cigarette. More pleasant in fact. The throat hit is extremely realistic which was my big gripe with the cheaper e-cigs that I'd tried before.

I also have Buttered Rum, 555, Coffee, and Pina Colada liquids from MFS. I don't know which one to try next LOL!

For those of you who are on the fence, all I can say is do it. Is it cheap? No. But at $8 a pack around these parts, it's a damn sight cheaper than cigarettes and with all the obvious health benefits to boot. At a pack a day it won't take long to recover the $300 or so invested.

A big THANK-YOU to those who so generously offered their time and experience in this thread. I doubt I'll ever light another cigarette again. This isn't just a substitute, it's BETTER!

You took the big plunge and got big results eh?

I'm happy to hear of your success!

FWIW, I really don't like cigarette flavors, but about 50% of vapers prefer tobacco flavors to fruits and such.

I'd rather have something that tastes damn good, but it takes some experimentation to find what you really enjoy.

There are lots of threads on ECF about flavors and suppliers, which is helpful in seeing what is most popular.

The popular stuff is popular for good reason.

I'm a big fan of these guys:

http://elitevaporworks.com/

So I would recommend giving their products a try.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Hell yeah. I'm always willing to help as best I can, based on what experience I have.

The key to success with e-cigs is to purchase wisely.
Whether you go with an eGo kit or a Bolt or a Provari, you'll have a good experience.
There are tons of junk products on the market, we can help you avoid junk.

We might bicker amongst ourselves over which way is better or which mod is better, but at the end of the day...
These people have years of trial and error and are all suggesting good stuff based on that.

We've spent lots of our money learning through frustration so that you don't have to.

If you've got a budget, any budget, we can make this work for you, and get you off those fucking cigarettes.

Thanks you all have helped me decide to try this. I am on a budget but I can make it work It looks like I will spend about $80 off the bat. Once I get everything I am not buying another analog ever.(I hope)
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Thanks you all have helped me decide to try this. I am on a budget but I can make it work It looks like I will spend about $80 off the bat. Once I get everything I am not buying another analog ever.(I hope)

Why not drop ChapperJoe a line?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1360256_Choosing_new_e_cigs__need_help.html&page=4#i35942998

It sounds like your budget is real tight, so maybe you're the perfect candidate for his offer?

I'm not trying to imply anything, but if cashflow is tight, then I think you should try before you buy,

since you have the opportunity to do so thanks to him.

At least to make sure it's for you.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#36]

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1360256_Choosing_new_e_cigs__need_help.html&page=4#i35942998

It sounds like your budget is real tight, so maybe you're the perfect candidate for his offer?

I'm not trying to imply anything, but if cashflow is tight, then I think you should try before you buy,
since you have the opportunity to do so thanks to him.

At least to make sure it's for you.

I usually dont like charity but you have a point, I sent him a message. Thanks Joe!!

And thanks everyone, I am getting everything regardless but quicker would be better!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#37]

BWB has some pretty sweet tobacco flavors.  FSUSA has a few that I liked but I got tired of them as a daily vape so I've moved back to their Spearmint which I love.

FSUSA's specialty liquids are 50/50 only and I'm not sure why that is.  I don't recall what BWB's ratio was but you could shoot them an e-mail and they'll respond quickly.

I went BWB's site to email them and found a thing that said their juices are all 70/30!!
I think I am going to try one of theirs for sure!

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#38]

I usually dont like charity but you have a point, I sent him a message. Thanks Joe!!

And thanks everyone, I am getting everything regardless but quicker would be better!  

I could be mistaken, but I think ChapperJoe is in the industry.

So don't think of it as charity, but as marketing.

I hope I'm not misremembering.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Very helpful thread! Thanks to all who have contributed their time and expertise.

Looking to get started and buy once cry once, and I want to be sure I have my head wrapped around this before I hit checkout. There's a lot of jargon and slang in the E-Cig world it seems, so if one of the more experienced users could verify that I'm good to go then that would be great:

Am I missing anything?

I'm minutes from ordering this exact setup. If anyone knows why I shouldn't, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonzo_beyondo] [#40]

Originally Posted By Subnet:

I'm minutes from ordering this exact setup. If anyone knows why I shouldn't, speak now, or forever hold your peace.  

I haven't used the Vivi Nova but at some point that'll change.

The Provari is a proven device, I see no reason to NOT buy it. Other than cost but, that's relative.

The quality and quality control is there to justify the price IMO.

The Provari people's tank is really a nice thought out design, and again, other than price...

That's probably something I'd go with over the Vivi Nova.

Personally I'd only buy the Vivi Nova based on price
. If that makes sense.
eta: I'm talking about this here:

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Ego xl with these......

Works great for me and the wife !
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Am I missing anything?

Link to the ViVi Nova heads? I can't find them.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pv74] [#43]

Am I missing anything?

http://www.vapoligy.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=189

Vapoligy...great folks to deal with...

I go their once  every week or two to grab a bottle of liquid and a few replacement heads...

Also, get the wraith instead of an ego battery...it takes standard 18650 batteries that you can order from anywhere...1 18650 lasts me all day..
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I have the EGO-c with the twist battery. I love it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Tank + various heads

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:21:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#46]
fyi   if you drop the acrylic tube mods they shatter.    The good news is super glue fixes them good as new.  Not quite as pretty though.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#47]

fyi   if you drop the acrylic tube mods they shatter.    The good news is super glue fixes them good as new.  Not quite as pretty though.  

I've been worried about that which is why I've been letting people know they can upgrade to the metal bolt for $15+/- more.  I have one of the first acrylic tube mods that madvapes had to offer and I haven't dropped it yet, but it is having issues with the upper ground strap not contacting the upper threads for some reason.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:38:47 AM EDT
[#48]

The Torpedo I have is chromed steel. I had to make a paracord idiot strap for it because I've forgotten it was sitting on my chest while I was watching TV-then stood up and dropped the fucker square on my big toe. Thus far the Torpedo (and Pro Vari tank) have been the victors in these collisions.

Also have a new bunch of flavors coming (ordered today) from TW. I normally don't go for the sweet flavors, but they did a short run of their gold standard concetrates so that you could try them without getting stuck with a bottle of concentrate that you hated. I ordered 6 flavors, two of which sucked, but at least I wasn't stuck with a 30ml bottle. Surprisingly, the flavors I liked best were the sweet ones. If you don't mix your own juice, you ought to give it a try. It's dead simple and a shitload cheaper. A 120ml bottle of 100mg/ml base runs about 25 bucks, and dilutes out (at 36mg) to 3 times that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

The Torpedo I have is chromed steel. I had to make a paracord idiot strap for it because I've forgotten it was sitting on my chest while I was watching TV-then stood up and dropped the fucker square on my big toe. Thus far the Torpedo (and Pro Vari tank) have been the victors in these collisions.

Also have a new bunch of flavors coming (ordered today) from TW. I normally don't go for the sweet flavors, but they did a short run of their gold standard concetrates so that you could try them without getting stuck with a bottle of concentrate that you hated. I ordered 6 flavors, two of which sucked, but at least I wasn't stuck with a 30ml bottle. Surprisingly, the flavors I liked best were the sweet ones. If you don't mix your own juice, you ought to give it a try. It's dead simple and a shitload cheaper. A 120ml bottle of 100mg/ml base runs about 25 bucks, and dilutes out (at 36mg) to 3 times that.

Mixing your own liquids is fairly easy with all the nifty free-apps out there that do all the math for you, and you end up saving a lot of money.  You can get the nic and PG online, VG from walmart IIRC.  Just gotta figure out what base you want for your nic and do the math from there.

The problem with this stuff is the nic base.  That stuff is very dangerous.  I always recommend people use a lab tray so if there's a spill it is contained, combined with lab-rated eye and hand protection.

There was one really good place to get the nic and PG from but I forgot the name.  I'll ask a friend and post it here once I have it.  There's also plenty of how-to threads over on ECF with all the info you'll ever need on homebrewing.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#50]
My ProVari came in the mail today. Now, I'm waiting on my charger, extra battery (oops), e-liquid and Vivi Nova tank/atomizer.
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top