Page / 19
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Liquidmetal:
Good bye Shane...  

WTF¿?  How is that for a curve ball.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 10:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mannlicher] [#2]
That tender scene with Lori and Shane at the wind mill drove the schmuck over the edge mentally.

Thanks again Lori.  If there is any justice, that dumb bitch will be the next t be eaten.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Mannlicher:
That tender scene with Lori and Shane at the wind mill drove the schmuck over the edge mentally.

Thanks again Lori.  If there is any justice, that dumb bitch will be the next t be eaten.

I don't think so myself, I think since they had the fight Shane was planning something all along
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Rick aka stabby mc stab stab
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
This terrible, I really like both characters.  They better really step it up because im sure this upset many people.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Not many folks have read the comic huh?

Have not read the comic, but definitely saw this coming. Good episode IMO and ramping it back up to the type of action that filled the first season.

My guess is Hershel with go down defending the farm while the rest of them will end up on the road again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL Shane got killed twice!

He made for a pretty driven looking walker.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:20:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tankdawg0057] [#9]
well this is why the first season was so cool.  looks like we're about to see some serious zombie action. more please

oh and I would say that this pretty much proves the theory that everyone is infected. anyone notice how Rick hung around waiting for Shane to turn...he knew.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Team Rick!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 3/11/2012 11:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uao85] [#13]
Bout f-ing time he grows a pair big enough to kill Shane, although Im a bit suprised he stabbed him.  Good for Rick.  That guy was off his rocker from the time Rick first showed back up in Season 1 and I would have dealt with him a long time ago.  Also hopefully that snapped Carl out of his psychopath in the making routine and he stops acting like such a derp.  

Hmm people Im counting on biting the dust.  Basically all of the people from the farm with exception to the hot chick that Glenn is smashing.  Also Carol.  she is turning into a loose cannon and is getting a little bat shit crazy.  Unless Daryl decides to smash it, then he will pb keep her safe.

EDIT I have to say that I was a little put off from last weeks episode as this show has slowly morphed into a zombie f-ing soap opera.  But the action this week has me hoping for a good season finale.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Shoulda killed shane a while ago! Bring on the governer! Maybe machonne too!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Shane did help keep rick alive in the hospital, and shane did help keep ricks family alive.  So rick owed him BIG time.  very sad though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Tankdawg0057:
well this is why the first season was so cool.  looks like we're about to see some serious zombie action. more please

oh and I would say that this pretty much proves the theory that everyone is infected. anyone notice how Rick hung around waiting for Shane to turn...he knew.

Yep, the 'everyone is infected' piece really has me intrigued. The guys in the bar fight didn't turn. Did something happen recently or do you get infected by being around zombie blood? More questions...but next week should be awesome!  

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 2:18:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Gastonite:

Yep, the 'everyone is infected' piece really has me intrigued. The guys in the bar fight didn't turn. Did something happen recently or do you get infected by being around zombie blood? More questions...but next week should be awesome!  

the guys killed in the bar were shot in the head too, so they could not have been able to reanimate....

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#19]
One thing is for sure, the two biggest whiners died in the last 2 episodes.  Im starting to like darryl, cant wait for his crazy brother to make a reappearance.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I knew it was inevitable that Shane had to go. Pissed though as he was one of the best characters on the series. Hopefully Rick gets more interesting and they focus on Darryl more.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#21]
In the comic Shane got killed in, like, the 3rd issue. At least they did it right and let Carl "kill" him (the second time). Looks like they're bringing things back in line with the comic a bit, just in time for them to get forced off the farm by a zombie overrun. Awesome!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I came in late (watching the series).  I always thought you had to be bitten to be infected.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By efpeter:

I came in late (watching the series). I always thought you had to be bitten to be infected.

There has been much discussion on this over the last few pages of this thread. Last night confirmed that EVERYONE is already "The Walking Dead". Those of us who read the comics knew it already, and there has been some foreshadowing in the last few episodes of the show... But now we know.

What I want to know is, how does a body with a broken neck reanimate? Even if the virus/chemical agent/alien pixie dust reactivates the brain stem after death, how does it communicate with the muscles, etc with a damaged spinal cord? Wouldn't you just end-up a quadriplegic zombie?
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I was glad to see Shane go just for the fact that I was tired of the drama between him and Rick.  I'm ready for some new drama.

PS, nobody mentioned the garden tool zombie killing??!!  That was pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Some guy takes me out in the woods to whack me and I turn the tables on him....I'm sure not feeling bad about it and talking sadly to him as he expires.  I'm fucking stabbing his eyes out. But, I'm violent that way.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Hater:

Some guy takes me out in the woods to whack me and I turn the tables on him....I'm sure not feeling bad about it and talking sadly to him as he expires.  I'm fucking stabbing his eyes out. But, I'm violent that way.

That's funny cause I read that post as if it were coming from Archie.

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Pussy has a magical spell on some fellas I tell ya!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

He's not just some guy, he's basically a "brother" to him.

It's like Fedos murder haunting Michael for all those years.

I thought you were referencing some obscure Shakespearean tragedy, but then I deciphered it as "Fredo."  

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Not many folks have read the comic huh?

Kind of a twist from the comic, but in a good way at least. Kind of ass backwards.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Krochus:
LOL Shane got killed twice!

He made for a pretty driven looking walker.

LOL I told my wife Rick was waiting for Shane to turn. She asked why and I said "So he can kill Shane again". She gave me the look while I just laughed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn that was a great episode last night!

I had  a blast watching it.

I just read the finale episode in the other thread.... we are in for a TREAT next week!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I've missed bits and pieces of the last few episodes.

How did Shane and the prisoner kid get infected?

The kid had a broken neck, but no bite marks.  What did I miss?  I'm confused.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Everyone has been saying that at the end of Season 1 Rick found out that EVERYONE is already carrying the virus. You just have to die to turn into a Zombie. He hasn't shared this info with the group yet but D and G found that out last night on their own.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Everyone's got it. Death, Bites and Scratches activate it.

Maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit but maybe Shane didn't completely snap Randall's neck.

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ar15noober:
Shoulda killed shane a while ago! Bring on the governer! Maybe machonne too!

You will get your wish!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By nchapa:
Shane did help keep rick alive in the hospital, and shane did help keep ricks family alive.  So rick owed him BIG time.  very sad though.

Its why Rick gave Shane multiple opportunities to get in line with the group again.  He falt out said it straight to him at least twice.  Rick didn't owe Shane anything by the end.

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Great episode! I had a problem with the Hi power suddenly reappearing after being ditch last episode though. I need moar!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn, with Shane gone, I fear this show is gonna turn into a straight up chick flick with all the drama and bickering and shit.  Not that it didn't have it all before, but Shane did throw in a little 'manness' every now and then.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By godrilla47:
Great episode! I had a problem with the Hi power suddenly reappearing after being ditch last episode though. I need moar!

I missed the first 10 mins or so, but yeah. Carl would of had to gone out early that morning to go get it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Finally got my copy in.

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like what the doctor at the CDC told Rick was that everyone  already has the virus. The virus takes over when the body dies. That was a great show!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DDog:
Damn, with Shane gone, I fear this show is gonna turn into a straight up chick flick with all the drama and bickering and shit.  Not that it didn't have it all before, but Shane did throw in a little 'manness' every now and then.  We'll see.

If they get their act together they have some seriously awesome potential to work with for the next season. The sword wielding chick is a total badass, and the entire first part of the prison and war between the other town is awesome too.

At this point in the comic (which they took forever to finally get to) the zombies become kind of secondary to actual human conflict, but I doubt some of the more violent stuff will even make it into the show (rape scenes and serial killers......)
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#46]

I'm afraid it's going to be worse than that.  The new character they're adding is little more than a comic book cliche.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I hope they go the prison route! This could make for good tv!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Aptrgangr:

I'm afraid it's going to be worse than that.  The new character they're adding is little more than a comic book cliche.

for those of us who haven't read the comic can you explain
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Aptrgangr:

for those of us who haven't read the comic can you explain

See the book I posted above.

Pick it up... you will be well passed the show and learned a lot more
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Nobody has mentioned the cool zombie flashes that Shane had as he was reanimating.  Well done.  I haven't seen this before in zombie movies.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top