Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Please sue them into oblivion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tktm2001:
@Bazmancrash Have you contacted the   Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus?

Seems like they would want to hear about your situation:

https://gunowners.mn/our-programs/legal-action/

"REPORTING AN INFRINGEMENT
Are you aware of a governmental entity that is infringing upon your Second Amendment rights?

Contact us right away.  We’ll follow up with you within a few days and may choose to take further action if warranted.

[email protected]  "
View Quote

Contacted. Contacted the FPC also which I'm a member. Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus has contacted me back and is working with my legal team.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope you scorch their asses.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BlackArrow:

Someone needs to tell him the august ruling isn't in effect yet.
View Quote

I thought the ruling only covers transfer with a dealership or inventory for machining work?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope your new employer is 2A friendly and understands none of this is your fault.

Good luck, OP!
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bazmancrash:

Contacted. Contacted the FPC also which I'm a member. Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus has contacted me back and is working with my legal team.
View Quote

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Go. Schorched. Fucking. Earth.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
UPDATE 08/03/22

So apparently someone else is going through the same shit in a different county. No Crime. Ar-15 and AR-10 80s. Blows my mind.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
UPDATE 08/03/22

So apparently someone else is going through the same shit in a different county. No Crime. Ar-15 and AR-10 80s. Blows my mind.
View Quote

I wonder how much of this is coming from Walz/Ellison.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]
"The process is the punishment."
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Been following since your OP. I hope you plan on being made whole in a big way. Break it off in those fuckers!

Former MN resident....
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE 08/03/22

View Quote

For anyone here that knows, what a man's recourse for getting taken for a ride for something that they literally can't charge you for?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SuperStormBryan:
For anyone here that knows, what a man's recourse for getting taken for a ride for something that they literally can't charge you for?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish you luck. Our state AG seems to have a hard on for this stuff

https://www.ag.state.mn.us/Office/Communications/2022/07/11_GhostGuns.asp
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE 08/03/22

View Quote

Anymore detail on this one? PM me of needed.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:
"The process is the punishment."
View Quote

We really REALLY need a process to reimburse innocent defendants from insane, stupid, and/or EVIL DAs.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By enigmalg:

We really REALLY need a process to reimburse innocent defendants from insane, stupid, and/or EVIL DAs.
View Quote

You mean punish the DA and remove from office so it doesn't repeat.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#18]
This is some bullshit. Good Luck OP.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Let us know how to help. If $ is the way, go through the proper channels and get it set up and approved.

We all may be next.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By rustyboy:
Let us know how to help. If $ is the way, go through the proper channels and get it set up and approved.

We all may be next.
View Quote

My sentiment is the same. If you need any help get it set up and I will gladly throw in what I can.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By smoke14me:

My sentiment is the same. If you need any help get it set up and I will gladly throw in what I can.
View Quote

Seriously it means a lot. I haven't reached out yet. I work for a living and save I don't do amazing but do good enough to live. Like I said my wife stays home we have 4 kids I'm the sole income so this one fucking hurt but o well. We are survivors. 3 weeks out for court. Anyone very knowledgeable on gun law that can reach out to me?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Seriously it means a lot. I haven't reached out yet. I work for a living and save I don't do amazing but do good enough to live. Like I said my wife stays home we have 4 kids I'm the sole income so this one fucking hurt but o well. We are survivors. 3 weeks out for court. Anyone very knowledgeable on gun law that can reach out to me?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smoke14me:

I seem to remember Nolo defending a Minnesotan at one point.

@NoloContendere
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

I don’t remember if it was MN or not, but I’ve been known to travel around doing stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:

I seem to remember Nolo defending a Minnesotan at one point.

@NoloContendere

I don’t remember if it was MN or not, but I’ve been known to travel around doing stuff.

Yes, indeed you have.
I think at a minimum, your thoughts on this, maybe shared with OP and not necessarily the world might be welcome.
If you have the time, I am sure a lot of us would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PhilipPeake:

Yes, indeed you have.
I think at a minimum, your thoughts on this, maybe shared with OP and not necessarily the world might be welcome.
If you have the time, I am sure a lot of us would appreciate it.
View Quote

You can dm me if you want. Court next week. Haven't heard shit from my lawyer. Not reaching out either though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm only here because I misclicked on the 2A subforum and saw this thread. What the shit. If it comes to it I'm happy to send money your way to help with legal fees.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Really sorry to hear this bullshit is going on OP, please keep us updated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Motion to Dismiss was filed. We met with the Judge and the dweb prosecutor (looks like he's never even fired a weapon) we have four weeks to prove I didn't violate section (3) of 609.667.

Thanks all again. If anyone has any legit legal advice dm me. Other than that I hope all is well and God Bless. I can't wait to GTFO out of Minnesota hahahha.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 10:25:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#29]
Motion to Dismiss was filed. We met with the Judge and the dweb prosecutor (looks like he's never even fired a weapon) we have four weeks to prove I didn't violate section (3) of 609.667.

Thanks all again. If anyone has any legit legal advice dm me. Other than that I hope all is well and God Bless. I can't wait to GTFO out of Minnesota hahahha.
View Quote

"As used in this section, 'serial number or other identification' means the serial number and other information required under united States code, title 26, section 5842, for the identification of firearms"

They're referencing federal serialization requirements. Take that federal definition and the latest ATF "regulation" (section h-4) that SPECIFICALLY states that privately made firearms do not require serial numbers, and rub their noses in it.

That federal code only applies to manufacturers, and you're not a manufacturer. You haven't obliterated or removed any numbers, correct?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jos51700:

"As used in this section, 'serial number or other identification' means the serial number and other information required under united States code, title 26, section 5842, for the identification of firearms"

They're referencing federal serialization requirements. Take that federal definition and the latest ATF "regulation" (section h-4) that SPECIFICALLY states that privately made firearms do not require serial numbers, and rub their noses in it.

That federal code only applies to manufacturers, and you're not a manufacturer. You haven't obliterated or removed any numbers, correct?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jos51700:

Make that: Federally Licensed Manufacturers.
You many have manufactured the gun, but you did not do so for profit, with the intention to sell, so no Federal License is required, and so no serial number is required.
The whole point of the serial number is to ensure that manufacturers pay the tax on each item they produce.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:40:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#31]
You many have manufactured the gun, but you did not do so for profit, with the intention to sell, so no Federal License is required, and so no serial number is required.
View All Quotes
He is not a manufacturer. He's the maker. He made the frame aka Title I (GCA) firearm. That's the correct federal/ATF terminology.

Technically there are requirements for manufacturers which are separate from those of makers (although in some instances they're the same requirements).

A person could be an unlicensed manufacturer (which is illegal) and have violated something required of manufactures, which OP didn't do, because he isn't a manufacturer.

The whole point of the serial number is to ensure that manufacturers pay the tax on each item they produce.
Not exactly, but they're taxed also. (FAET) when licensed manufacturers manufacture them (unless they're manufactured for government use).

Private citizens are not subject to FAET when the firearms are being made for personal use (which is the only reason they should be making any).
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Thanks for the update. I hope your motion is granted and this all goes away quickly for you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 5:33:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#33]
Originally Posted By MemeWarfare:
Thanks for the update. I hope your motion is granted and this all goes away quickly for you.
View Quote
Yeah, same.

This is a bunch of bullshit brought forth by guys who obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Did they arrest you for this or not?
If you were arrested, you should bring a 1983 civil suit against them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Well I'm doing alot of leg work for my Lawyer here building up a nice document, lets just say there is a quite a few false statements from the detective to the prosecuting attorney in the statement of probable cause. I wish I could share more detail. Once again thanks for all the support. I will share my write up with all the legality regarding privately manufactured firearms and direct links to opinions and laws for reference. Lets just say if you do a homebuild just serialize it. Only reason I never did was because I was under the belief that the law up here would understand what the actual law is. Going forward will be serializing anything I brew up to avoid future headaches.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Man, what a royal pain in the ass.  I hope you get out of this totally unscathed.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Well I'm doing alot of leg work for my Lawyer here building up a nice document, lets just say there is a quite a few false statements from the detective to the prosecuting attorney in the statement of probable cause. I wish I could share more detail. Once again thanks for all the support. I will share my write up with all the legality regarding privately manufactured firearms and direct links to opinions and laws for reference. Lets just say if you do a homebuild just serialize it. Only reason I never did was because I was under the belief that the law up here would understand what the actual law is. Going forward will be serializing anything I brew up to avoid future headaches.
View Quote

I see a lot of the small plates on the p80 glocks having the serial number 1 or 12345 engraved on them. LOL. It’s still going to end up a cluster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#37]
So let me ask this. Is engraving by hand with a Dremel allowed or worth it to get a laser engraver involved.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:42:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#38]
So let me ask this. Is engraving by hand with a Dremel allowed or worth it to get a laser engraver involved.
View Quote
If it's at least 0.003" deep then you're good.
I've never seen any government officials measure depth, but they could.

I've Dremel-engraved registered HK packs and DIAS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m guessing this is no good then?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By mpdphil:
I’m guessing this is no good then?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66729/3F3B8FF7-E9D6-4EBD-9F79-FCE67B9D4866_jpe-2515767.JPG
View Quote

Nope. Serial numbers must be letters and numbers or just numbers, but not just letters.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Marquar:

Nope. Serial numbers must be letters and numbers or just numbers, but not just letters.
View Quote

D332 NUT5
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MrHelper:

D332 NUT5
View Quote

That ‘ll do!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#43]
You alive OP?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Did the OP lose his motion and get locked up?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:50:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grendelsbane] [#45]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:
Did the OP lose his motion and get locked up?
View Quote

Hopefully not?

Edit : last post 9/2, and I guess we can’t see last log-in anymore?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Hope O.P. is still in the fight, or better yet those bastards have hoisted the White Flag...

Just a question - have you reached out to Gun Owners of America ?   They seem to be pretty much the only Gun Rights Organization actually FIGHTING for Gun Rights & Gun Owners.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#47]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Hope O.P. is still in the fight, or better yet those bastards have hoisted the White Flag...

Just a question - have you reached out to Gun Owners of America ?   They seem to be pretty much the only Gun Rights Organization actually FIGHTING for Gun Rights & Gun Owners.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Any reasonable prosecutor would have just taken the dismissal a month ago at the latest.

Once this is over, I'd try to get them to prosecute any sworn officer who committed perjury in this case.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#48]
This story infuriates me!

I work for the court system and any officer that would charge this guy with this and any prosecutor that would pursue the charge is a complete lowlife POS!

This guy has already lost his new job and spent $13,000 dollars on a complete bullshit charge when the courts are letting shitbags who committed real crimes out with no bail!

Fucking Sick!
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Hope you are doing ok. Don't want this to archive.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#50]
@Bazmancrash

did that court ruling the other day help you?

Ban on guns with serial numbers removed is unconstitutional -U.S. judge

https://www.reuters.com/legal/ban-guns-with-serial-numbers-removed-is-unconstitutional-us-judge-2022-10-13/

Red
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top