Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Tacked Pet Memorial thread (Page 2 of 5)
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 3:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scotchymcdrinkerbean] [#1]
Cowboy, about 23 pounds pictured, about 6 pounds yesterday due to cancer before going to the vet for the last time:

Link Posted: 6/15/2013 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't do this before it was too hard but it is a couple months later and I still don't know what to say. Judah was a great dog. He loved us all and we loved him.

Link Posted: 6/21/2013 6:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTShooter] [#3]
Sir Max A Minimum
2004-2013
Beloved family companion and father of my precious little ones.
He was murdered a week ago by my sister's pitbulls. This little miracle was the love of our lives and his life and light has been snuffed out forever because of a horrible crime. Sir Max we love you and miss you dearly.

R.I.P. my little brother.

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
This is my Ditz. I lost her this past Thanksgiving. The one thing that will eat at me the rest of my life is that when she moved on to her next adventure, it was her gasping for air at 5 in the morning. We were rushing to get out of the house when she wandered into the living room and collapsed.... she was looking up at me from across the room. I told her to hold on, I just needed to pee and then we were off to the 24hr emergency animal hospital. I peed, came out and she was gone. I wasn't there for her last moment.... she would have been there for mine. She was a love and fierce protector. She will forever be loved and missed.

Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:44:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ljohnsonscorpio] [#5]
RIP my girl.   She had issues with her kidneys/ kidney and liver failure which resulted in a heart attack    Bailey ,Boston Terrier, age 5     5/2012   http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag62/ljohnsonscorpio/99d4aca8-f41b-4837-8ce9-796698e5205f_zpsd9fcf81c.jpg

RIP my sweet angel.   Nasal Cancer   Trinity, English Staffordshire Bull Terrier  age 4/5   7/2007 http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag62/ljohnsonscorpio/photo011_zps315c0d51.jpg

RIP my sweet, sweet cat   ?  Linus  (orange Tabby) age 4/5 6/2010    &  Chandler, my beloved first pet. (blk & white)  kidney failure age 10   9/2009  http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag62/ljohnsonscorpio/chandlerampLinus1_zps18026b40.jpg
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 12:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Our 14 year old Pooh Bear.  We lost him to cancer on 9-24.  He had been battling hyperthyroidism and started doing better and gaining wieght back. Then he became lethargic,distant, not being himself for the last week or so.  The last day or so he seemed to be struggling each breath.  We got to the vet and they did xrays and found fluid on his lungs which turned out to be a type of lymphomic cancer.  The vet said they could try to drain the fluid but he would only make a month or 2 at the most.  I couldn't stand the thought of watching him slowly die and struggle to breathe so I had to make the decision. His last couple of days i believe he knew the end was near.  He would lay beside us as always but would not face us or look at us.  Lately he had spending alot time to himself which was not his normal self. R.I.P Pooh Bearhttp://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac152/new_age_devil/S7000138.jpg
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By woody316:
https://www.facebook.com/josephwoody.irwin/photos#!/josephwoody.irwin/photos_all
Malcolm  3/26/00-6/1/13 Renal failure.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/243730_334069460008325_1083017738_o.jpg
Baxter   7/2/01-3/5/12   Brain tumor   Malcolm's son
View Quote

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/967059_472947289453874_919157732_o.jpg
Malcolm 3/26/00- 6/1/13  renal failure
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
RIP Cinnamon (Dec. 1998 to Jan. 2012). My first dog. Golden/pit mix.  She was 13 yo. I had to
put her down.  Hip dyspraxia.  She was in pain. She died in my arms.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#10]
this is going to be a post about two dogs that I lost this year.

1st was my little Girl Charlie (well not so little) she was a Chow / Golden Retriver Mix. I had her since 2000 when I lived in Utah.
I lost her in August she would have loved the snow that we currently are having she just loved to play in it.
I miss her a lot but it was for the best. She could no longer walk properly and so I had the Vet come to my home as I could not get her in the Car. She passed away in her favorite spot and is now with me as I had her cremated.

------------------------------------------------------------

now to the one that was my little sweetheart Kaiser he was a Golden Retriever Papillon Mix.
He was diagnosed with Lymphoma in January of this year. We started him on a Chemo regiment and everything seemed to be going good. A few month later he was diagnosed with Diabetes which resulted him being blind in one eye. He managed really well and it did not seem to bother him at all. He also loved the snow so he and I where lucky that we could play in the snow for the last time this past week. Wednesday he had his Chemo Injection and again all his blood work looked great. Thursday night his health went south and with the weather being so bad the Vet was closed so I had to wait until Saturday. Unfortunately his Kidneys where already in bad shape so the best thing was to put him down and reunite him with Ballas (12.21.12) and Charlie (08.26.13).

I though that after having to do this already twice the 3rd time would be a little easier but I was wrong. It has hit me really hard and I am still in a funky mood. Going from having three dogs to zero dogs in 12 month is no cake walk that is for sure. Kaiser was my little buddy he followed me everywhere and loved to ride in the car with me. I miss him so much it is hard to put this into words.

Having nobody around to greet you when you get home or the silence in the night is something that will take time to get used to.

I will post some pictures later but I just needed to get this of my chest.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3seven4] [#11]

Cosmo, got him from a local rescue in 98. He was almost 15 when cancer took him. It's was a rough year after that.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Lucy (Lucretia MacEvil) - 12/19/2013

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Gandalf the Gold
Gone 9 years this Christmas Eve.
He was a duck retrieving machine and the best hunting buddy I've ever had.
Lord knows I miss him every day.
My Old Friend.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 4:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Storm rescued / found in a tree during a storm in 10/2003 about 6 months to a year old when I found her.

Died yesterday New Years Eve 12/31/2013 @ 2300 hours'ish in front of me.  Stroke or seizure of some kind, clear out of the blue.

I cried like a little bitch.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
My friend Casey Oct. 26, 2001 - November 23, 2013, rest in peace. You are missed. In my eyes there was no better companion.

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:32:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: czechsix] [#17]
Ah, this sucks.
Sorry for everyone's losses, and all the great companions that are gone
My old Rhodesian Ridgeback girl has now left her station. She passed peacefully, after getting some nice chunks of ham, swiss chess and a really stinky Gouda cheese.
RIP Tammy/Tamurand/Tam/Tamela Sue Anderson, god speed to you girl.
" />

ETA: thread from GD...guess it's a memorial. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1590730_Rest_easy__now__old_girl_.html

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Hannah
My constant companion after my divorce. I did remarry and there was a on going Alpha female battle with the new wife. Never a dull moment. Hannah was the gentlest dog I have ever had. All the kids in our small town knew her and would play with her in the park. She was almost 12 years old when I had to put her down because of a stroke. My vet came to the house and she was cuddle by me, my wife and my daughter as she peacefully rested. Her body now lies next to my garden near where she would always sit and watch as I worked. The rest of her is my heart always.  

Her first days home.

Shortly before I had to let her go.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#19]
said goodbye to my girl Heidi this morning.

Will miss you girl

Her and her bro. shes on the left.

Check out the tongue on that fucking dog.

Bitch thought she was queen up in this mother fucker

and with our latest addition.

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 12:58:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Molasses] [#20]
Frow Bearca
She was our surrogate child.  Long-haired Manx, AKA Cymric.  She was a good and noble little beast with the heart of a lion and was right at the center of our lives.  Just a few more months and she'd have been 20 yrs old.  Started having health issues almost 2 years ago, but was still hanging in there pretty good until early last month, when she started doing a roller coaster of good days and bad ones.  Today was the final downturn: when I got home from work, the Mrs was crying and our baby was limp with labored breathing and sounded like there was fluid blockage.  
She slept on my chest about an hour and a half last night, so at least I've still got that.  Haven't been back from the vet's for very long.  Been a very dusty night.
Here's a first picture for a placeholder:

ETA more photos:

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 6:10:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bacon_House] [#21]
Lily (Nene): April 2001 - July 2012

I obtained Lily from a breeder after multiple summers doing yard work and mowing lawns. I saved every penny knowing that I wanted a German Shepherd.
Lily gave me the best 11 years of my life.

She never judged me. She always loved me.

She was dealt the worst possible hand from the very beginning. She was plagued with illness. She was poisoned by an angry neighbor. And she was kicked by a horse.
Through it all she never gave up. Her poise and valor never waivered. She was always happy and ready to play. She supported me when I needed it most. She protected me from the evil in the world. All she asked for was my love. Sometimes I wasn't the best, but she didn't care. She saw the best in me and never doubted me.

The June of 2012 was her last fight with illness.... Cancer works fast.

Now 2 years later as I type this out I'm filled with sadness and grief. Lily was the best dog and young man could as for!

Lily I know you're waiting for me on the other side.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/benroskelley/054_zpsd0bdb608.jpg
3 months old
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/benroskelley/001_zps141be2e7.jpg
This is her after our last run together
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/benroskelley/044_zps96bec448.jpg
Her last day with us. Playing in the pool with my brothers service dog.
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/benroskelley/024_zpscc238743.jpg
Here she is passing on some knowledge to Angel (my tactical terrier)
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Blue 10+ years of service to me loved to be on the go. Took him to the skeet range to unload a pallet of skeet and he hot out and I didn't know he had got in front of me. I ran over my own buddy when I pulled through the gate.

Scooby more than 10 years of service. Had gone deaf and was hit by a car she never heard coming.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Dear Lord this thread's depressing...  

My heart goes out to all of you who've lost your lovable, loyal, balls of fur. I've been there many times before, and I'll be there time and time again. They bring you so much joy in life, and so much heartbreak in passing...  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Buffy.  I'm not sure how old she was, but I had her for almost 13 years.  She died on March 12, 2012.  She was a pound rescue (they found her in a ditch) and as far as I could tell at least part British Shorthair.  She died in her sleep right next to me.  She hung on just long enough for me to wake up, hear her labored breathing, and try to wake her up.  She opened her eyes when I said her name and then just let go.  I still miss her.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Even though I've posted my most recent buddy that passed on, Tamurand, a bit earlier in this thread - I was going through old photos, and he's a pic of another buddy of mine. Name of Mzirand. I'll see her too, again, one of these fine days.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:41:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QueenDeNile] [#26]

International Ch. Awesome's California Sundance SH ~ Two time National Gun Dog Champion

May 14, 2000 - January 18, 2011

Sonny was my bestfriend and there was just nothing I couldn't ask of him, he gave me his heart every single day.  Unfortunately it was his heart that gave out on him.  He got a bronchial infection that settled in his heart, got congestive heart failure, I had it drained twice and when he needed it a third time I knew in my heart it wasn't what he wanted.  

I couldn't even imagine how many bad birdies Sonny pointed, literally thousands.  Our last hunt was Thanksgiving 2010.  It was cold -7 but he was good to go, pointed hard for a sick old man, I shot the first pheasant, he went for the retrieve on his way back he flushed a second pheasant, I gave it a desperation shot and missed.  Sonny shook his head in disgust so I asked him if he wanted to chase it down or go back to the truck.  He lowered his head and headed for the truck.  I had to chuckle.  If we missed a bird, it was always my fault, not mine.    RIP Buddy, chase those bad birdies and try to leave the kitties alone.  

ETA He was an awfully cute puppy.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Ninja Flying Dragon Turtle.

My six year old Beagle was killed on the 5th of this month when my neighbors kids came over and left my back yard gate open.  He ran out and ran into the road and was killed by a car instantly.  My good, poor son ran after him and saw it happen.  I will never forget the sight of my son crying, carrying the lifeless body of our Ninja covered in blood from head to toe.  Ninja was his trusty and faithful friend.  That dog changed my mind about animals.  I was never a fan of them until I met Ninja.  He was the one who won my heart and opened a new world for me.  RIP little buddy, may you eat all the cheez-its in heaven that you can handle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#28]
My baby girl Bree. She was 13 years old..

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AASG] [#29]
Browny (because he was brown). Rescued him around 2001. Had to have him put down yesterday, 11-26-2014.

My other dog Elvis. He died 10-21-2012. I got him when he was about a year old in 2000~ kind of a rescue.

These 2 dogs had been my constant companions for over 10 years. They helped me through some tough times. My best friends for sure!

R.I.P.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoredGuy87] [#30]
Woke up this morning and found out of our cats had left us in the middle of the night. He was the best cat ever. Rest well Cody cat, 2000 - 2014.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#31]
My little Mo-Jo, Modano. RIP see you soon.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:29:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Moose] [#32]
My buddy Yoda passed away this morning.

RIP, Buddy. I miss you.
Say hi to Charlotte for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Moose:
My buddy Yoda passed away this morning.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8583/15334857544_5b6eae91bc_o.jpg

RIP, Buddy. I miss you.
Say hi to Charlotte for me.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/12265822825_9f53111158_o.jpg
View Quote

sorry for your loss

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Thank you. That little twerp totally changed my mind about anklebiters. He had the body of a chihuahua, but he had the heart and mind of a GSD. He was a good dog.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#35]
We had to put our family pup to sleep on Monday, 2/16/15.
Her name was Chloe, and she was a Westie, nearly 10 years old.
In her last days she was clobbered with diabetes and a rare disease called Addison's, and in her eyes she just told us she was tired and done.
Clung to us and licked our hands to the end.
The vet was one of her most loving and caring friends, seeing her since she was a puppy, who even went out of his way to make a house call that final day, to spare us the hard visit to the office.
She was the best faithful and loving fuzzy buddy a guy could have.

Chloe
May 2005 - Feb. 2015

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:18:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jarhead13] [#36]
I posted in Team about my guy Wylie. Can't link, but team members can look.
"My dog died Saturday". It was the 14th around 5:30-6:15 am. Let him out and I found
him on the porch. I'll wake up at nite and check on him, but he's not there!!
I miss you boy!!!  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Edit to add photos
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#37]

With
a heavy heart, we had to put down our "middle son" today. He had a
serious intestinal mass, couldn't keep food down, and was reclusive. 16
years, 7 PCS moves (including Puerto Rico), and countless rival cats and
dogs put in their place.  We miss you already.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#38]
R.I.P. Stola.  Had to put her down Fri. 4/17. Cancer.  Pic was taken 4/16, after the cheeseburger, before the rib eye we had for dinner.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#39]
F*** cancer.
My condolences...
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Kaya joined her sister today. 15 and a half years.

bye bye, yeller dawg, we were lucky to have known each other.

Kaya and Tamurand, looking at something only they can see...enjoy eternity, together, girls. You did your jobs well, now enjoy your rest.

I'll see you both, in a few years....in the blink of an eye.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#41]
My Wife and I had to say goodbye to our 13 year old Basset Hound "Samantha" today. We rescued Sam in March of 2008 and she was a constant companion to my wife and I. She brought joy to all who met her. She had fought thru many of illness from heart worm to kidney stones and always came out on top.She had what we believe to be a stroke and went down hill in one day.She fell ill yesterday morning and we had to put her down this morning.Anyways it never is easy saying goodbye to a family member and "Sammy" was that and so much more.RIP old girl ,Samantha July 2002 -August 14th 2015
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlB] [#42]
I did not know this was here on ARFCOM, but I'm not surprised.  Three weeks ago we were on vacation.  My oldest son was home working and reported that Jaxx would not eat - he hadn't been eating in a couple of days.  I told him to take him to the pet hospital.  He had agressive Spleen cancer and was bleeding into the abdomen.   He had been fine a few days earlier.  Just last year we battled thru Pancreatitis.  The vet recommended that we put him to sleep.  Said that if my son hadn't have brought him in, he probably wouldn't have made it thru the night.  We had to make the decision to put him to sleep.  We were all devastated.  Since we were away we did not get to say our proper goodbyes.   But thank God my son was home and Jaxx wasn't in some pet boarding kennell.  My son was there with him.  My son who had been the closest to him these last 10 years.  Jaxx would stand guard at the door waiting for my son to go home when he went anywhere.  He was a kind, loving, intelligent full blooded GSD.  He had a rough period as a young dog but we rescued him and provided him a loving forever home alongside our female GSD  My female is 11 and we always figured he was about the same age (we got him when he was 2 or so) but he could have been 12 or more.  He was active until the week he died, a 4 legged terror to any bunny in the yard (many of whom served as dietary supplements).  He had his foibles due to being mistreated early by some evil person, but he was one of the greatest dogs I have ever had as as a family member.  He will be forever missed and forever loved.

Jaxx  ???? - July 2015

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mds238] [#43]

Shadow

A little black cat filled with love.  He was about six months old when he
came into my life in 2000 as a stray, hanging around the front door.
He wiggled his way into my heart back then and now, fifteen years later there is a  
huge void.
He crossed the Rainbow Bridge at 12:00  this afternoon (Friday 08/28/2015).  
Goodbye buddy, I miss you terribly.  I'll always love you.
2000-2015

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#45]
My bud Storm. 2/2 childhood dogs. First was put down two years ago (cancer) and Stormy was put this morning. He would have been 15 years in February.  His mind was fine: eating, drinking, bathroom, speak (barked at us when we gave him the middle finger!) but his body gave out on him.  He was a great dog.

Got the first one cremated, he went out as well.

We had a great time Thunder and Storm.

Thanks Guys.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeDougy:
My bud Storm. 2/2 childhood dogs. First was put down two years ago (cancer) and Stormy was put this morning. He would have been 15 years in February.  His mind was fine: eating, drinking, bathroom, speak (barked at us when we gave him the middle finger!) but his body gave out on him.  He was a great dog.

Got the first one cremated, he went out as well.

We had a great time Thunder and Storm.

Thanks Guys.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12118912_10153424752769342_3733133061529763345_n.jpg?oh=f1aab462a8597917f1d540a1bd9b00df&oe=56C19A4A

View Quote

sorry for your loss

may he R.I.P. and enjoy his time with his Buddy

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradinator] [#47]
Nikki, My 12.5 yo old chocolate lab passed last weekend.  She had MCT/cancer that had spread to her lymph nodes.

A couple years ago sitting at my feet under my desk.

And this is a few months back after a trip to the beach.  She was starting to show her age at this point as she didn't nearly enjoy the trip as much as previous trips.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: czechsix] [#48]
So now....Millie's turn.
15 years, 3 months is a pretty damned good run for a Corgi.
Three days ago:

" />
Yesterday, we finally took her in for her final visit to the vet. Final car trip. Final minute sitting on the porch.
She was tired. Old. Weak. Cancer, ya know? All through her.
Three months ago she had a major seizure so we hustled her into the vet. Stage 4, inoperable, metastasized. Lungs, brain, bones, etc.
It's quiet now here. No begging for a carrot or a green bean while I'm prepping a meal. Nobody laying at your feet. No one trying to vacuum up food particles. No barking, no begging. No skritching your own back, laying upside down on your bed, barking as you scratched your impossible to get back spot.  No more defending that front door in Castle Czechsix.
Quiet. Yep. She was the last of our pets. In the last two years, we've lost them all.
So - Millie - Milyotschka - Millicent - Shit Trumpet - Destroyer - Millary - Silly Milly...and all the other names you went by: BZ, girl! You did an awesome job, and held up the Corgi values to perfection!
See you in a bit, old girl. I'll see you in Piddler's Green, sooner than later.
And now...we sing....http://www.wolfcountry.net/mp3/WOLFHOWL3.mp3

RIP - Llynhill Once In A Millenium. Thanks for the good memories!

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#49]
So sorry for everyone's loss...
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Had to say goodbye to another one of our cats last night. She went downhill really fast and the vet figured it was lymphoma. We got her as a stray at 4 weeks old and she was so tiny that she slept in a letter holder. No matter how small she was, she would bully her older and bigger brother around to the point that he would walk a wide arch around her if he had to pass her. Was so sad this morning because he looked for her to make sure the coast was clear in the bathroom before he would come in.

I will really miss my little orange cat. Rest well Sophie. I know you and Cody are playing together again.

Page / 5
Tacked Pet Memorial thread (Page 2 of 5)
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top