Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If there was ever any member of arfcom that I wanted to sit down and have a beer with, it was ETH. I hope his family and the family of all members who have passed are doing well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2008 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss Wayne's input and level head, whether threads were jovial or serious.  I hope his family is holding up without him.

RIP ETH.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/22/2008 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2008 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
RIP Wayne
Link Posted: 3/22/2008 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2008 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
ETH was one class act!   I was often amazed at his post count, and inspired by his wit and wisdom.
Link Posted: 3/23/2008 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
met Wayne way back in 2000. Would see him at the Dallas gun shows often and several arfcom get-togethers. I was shocked when it was posted that he had passed.  RIP Wayne aka: Eric the Hun
Link Posted: 3/23/2008 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I suggested it back then and will again today.

we should  change or add the short cut for from {>]:)} to [ETH]

he was a great guy.  I wish I had the time to have taken him up on his invite to come down to one of the shoots at his place, but I was on AD at the time
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I know all of us from the DFW crew still miss him.  But if you listen hard, you can still hear him chattin', on the other side of the cabin.

RIP Bro

TXL
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#12]
With the perfume of pipe tobacco and a hint of Windex Margarita's on the air.  Crackling fire of Mesquite and Ashe Juniper keeping warm his following.

To Wanyne there never was a stranger, only someone he had never met before.  And if he knew you for 5 minutes, he knew you for life.
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#13]
While I never got to meet Wayne he was one of the people from this site that I hoped to meet some day.  RIP Wayne you are missed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow... I remember seeing Wayne on here all the time... I recall posting a thread about the P90, and I seem to remember him having one and posting some pictures of it for me... I remember he always had a lot of good info and humor for folks...

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I never met Wayne, but always looked forward to his posts.  I always hoped to make it back to Texas for one of his gatherings; some time things just don't work out.  I remember feeling genuinely saddened when I read of his passing, though I'd never been introduced to him.  

He seemed like such a neat guy, someone I'd love to have a beer with.

Wayne, you've (no doubt) made this world a better place than you found it.

You'll be remembered!

B_S
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember that he always had intelligent, profound things to say when he'd post.  He was one of those posters that you pay attention to.  RIP ETH.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#19]
My 1st post on the internet I spoke with ETH about god.

An old saying
"A man who knows what he knows is a wiseman you should learn from him"

The man had faith
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#20]

u-gooddog

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the_ak_kid] [#21]
The first time I met Wayne, it was at the 1st Gunstock.  We hit it off immediatly,  and EVERYONE had alot of fun that weekend.

From the hayride, to BIG HAT passing out by the gate.  

but the funniest thing, was when someone ran over his icechest accidentally, and Sunday morning as we were getting ready to leave,  Wayne, backed his Jeep up to the ice chest that belonged to whoever ran over his.  And then without haste backed over it, then put the Jeep back in drive, and drove over it again.

He got out and said, in that voice of his, that you can never forget,  "I didn't see anything, hell, it coulda been a small child holdin' an ice chest, and I still woulda run over it!"

To this day, my brother (bighat) and I laugh about that.

You are missed Wayne.  I guess you and Scooter are in that field again.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#22]
RIP
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#23]
The religion forum is NOT the same without ETH. Only knew him through his posts, but I miss him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]
RIP fallen brother...
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I was fortunate enough to make two trips to the Hun Farm Shoots.

The first time, he treated my little brother and I as long lost friends.

The second visit, we were treated as family.

I have yet to meet such a great man, either on the net or in real life. I use the idea of ETH as my 'compass' when I begin to wander.

I will never forget the drive into town to grab a bite to eat. Just ETH, my brother and me in his red Jeep, discussing religion, Christianity, politics and anything else under the sun.

I was priviledged to know him and feel his loss deeply.

...just eased him over the side...

wiggy(crying quite a bit, now)762
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Of all the people no longer on the board (for whatever reason) I miss ETH the most.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Found some red dirt in the bottom of an ammo can today.........
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Wayne would "Wax Poetic "about the Masons regularly.

Wayne's passion for Freemasonry,  his great attitude and personality have driven me to petition the Tomball lodge. I know I'll never be Wayne, but I hope to become a better man than I am now and give something back to the community
They vote on me tomorrow night.

Wayne, I hope to be a traveling man soon

Miss you brother!
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 8:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: quijanos] [#31]
I found this while I was digging thru some old pics (gotta new computer) and saw this thread while checking my active topics.
( I think Juan and TxRedNeck directly behind him and TRG frollicking around in the field nearby)

Circa Gunstock II ?

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#32]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 3:59:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naked80] [#33]

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: quijanos] [#34]
Has the recipe for this been posted here?

Can someone post it?

eta

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Learned at the Master's hand...

Mix over ice
1 part Jose Cuervo Tequila
3 parts Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
Add Blue Curacao until it looks like Windex
A generous wedge of fresh squeezed lime
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Learned at the Master's hand...

Mix over ice
1 part Jose Cuervo Tequila
3 parts Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
Add Blue Curacao until it looks like Windex
A generous wedge of fresh squeezed lime

thank you DPeacher.

I will make one (or three) in Eric The Hun's honor this weekend.

Link Posted: 9/23/2008 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By GoatBoy:  I try to avoid emotion and religion on this site, but when I think of Wayne I can't help but thank the Lord for allowing us the time we had with him. A friend, a brother, a miracle. He touched our lives and will be remembered for many years to come. Rest in peace Wayne and know that you are, and will be missed.

George Patton said it best:

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

I wish I'd known Eric. He must have been truly extraordinary.

Link Posted: 9/27/2008 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I still miss him.  I could talk to him about anything.

See you on the other side, brother.
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#40]
It's been two years since you went home, and there hasn't been a day go by that I haven't heard your voice echo in my mind.  I can't bring myself to delete your number from my cell phone or the last IM's you sent me.  I changed the starter on the truck last week, and there is at least five pounds of red dirt under there.  I picked up the goods for a 3 gallon batch of Windex Ritas last night, and I'll be sharing them with some of our good friends tonight and through the weekend.  We'll unfurl that flag that hung on the swing, we'll fire up the propane lantern and use Uncle Bob's bucket for a lampshade, we'll have a bon fire, and listen to Pink Floyd.  But it just won't be the same...

I miss you, Brother.
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll be at the Pecos grill tonight and they'll expect me to order my usual Wild Turkey rocks, but I'll teach Josh the barkeep how to make Windex margie tonight.

Link Posted: 10/2/2008 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I never got to meet him, but we did exchange an IM or two. He helped me out on my faith and with a little legal issue I ran into.

I just wish I could offer a prayer for him that would be anywhere near as eloquent as the ones he posted often for others.

Rest easy, buddy. This Brother in Christ misses you and hopes to meet you in a better place someday.
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Wayne was good people, through and through.

Never got to meet him in person but we had a few great IM discussions based on numerous threads.  He was one of the first people I really recall from arfcom.

He'll be sorely missed by a lot of folks and for good reason.

RIP, ETH!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Eric's posts were ones you just HAD to read, because you knew someone was going to get schooled!

I exchanged IM's with him at various times, and had planned to go the the last Gunstock that he actually held. I had it all planned out, but never pulled the trigger, figuring I'd do it 'next year'.

One of the biggest mistakes I ever made in life was not going.

He was a mentor to many on this board, and is missed by almost all that knew him.

FUCK AROCK.
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#47]
he's still incredibly missed.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By the_ak_kid:
but the funniest thing, was when someone ran over his icechest accidentally, and Sunday morning as we were getting ready to leave,  Wayne, backed his Jeep up to the ice chest that belonged to whoever ran over his.  And then without haste backed over it, then put the Jeep back in drive, and drove over it again.

He got out and said, in that voice of his, that you can never forget,  "I didn't see anything, hell, it coulda been a small child holdin' an ice chest, and I still woulda run over it!"

To this day, my brother (bighat) and I laugh about that.

It was his ice chest, Wayne was nowhere vindictive enough to do that.  He woke up terribly hung over and needed coffee... Badly.  He said when he backed up he felt something but really needed coffee, he said when he returned, "OH my God, I had no idea what it was, when I saw it felt terrible, I thought to myself it could have been a small child... Hell it could have been a small child carrying a cooler, it could have been a small child carrying cooler with Scooter in it .....but... I needed coffee!

The "Bomb" now hangs in my bar.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top