Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I will not forget my friend John. You have touched many. May God comfort you Karla.
David
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:20:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kris55] [#2]
Hope this is ok to post on here Karla. RIP John. Prayers to Karla and family and friends.

Obituary for John Suttie
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kris55:
Hope this is ok to post on here Karla. RIP John. Prayers to Karla and family and friends.

Obituary for John Suttie
View Quote
That sure brings a chill, a lump & a really good feeling, all at the same time...
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:23:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mds238] [#4]

Obituary for John Suttie
View Quote
Thank you for posting that. I liked the Tribute Wall.  
Karla, I hope you are doing OK.  I hope you have a peaceful New Year.

Mike S.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:33:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsucraig] [#5]

Obituary for John Suttie
View Quote
I think it would be nice if @EdAvilaSr, @Aimless, @Hessian-1, @Devious6, @EBR666, or other site staff would post a comment for all of Arfcom on John's obituary. I don't think that it would be inappropriate since Karla felt us important enough to mention us in his obituary. I do think it would be inappropriate for it to be an Arfcom 'firemission' on his obituary.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for linking me to this - I did post a comment in his tribute wall. I have to admit to shedding a few tears as I did - what an impact John had on me...on us. I miss interacting with him here. I miss reading his posts. His energy and positivity, even on his worst days, flowed through his words. But, above it all, I will remain committed to finding the good in every day. I found it here today when I got a chance to reflect back on John's legacy to us. Blessed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#7]
@Devious6 I don’t think what you wrote is showing up
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ol_Boltface:
@Devious6 I don’t think what you wrote is showing up
View Quote
It's there now - had to be approved before they allow it to post. Mark Volk.

Wish I'd been able to know him I person - seems like more of an amazing person than we even knew.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Devious6:

It's there now - had to be approved before they allow it to post. Mark Volk.

Wish I'd been able to know him I person - seems like more of an amazing person than we even knew.
View Quote
Yes it is, as is Ed Sr’s.

You guys both did outstanding jobs putting emotions to words. Made us all look good, as well John!

Thanks you both for doing that..
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ol_Boltface:

You guys both did outstanding jobs putting emotions to words. Made us all look good, as well John!

Thanks you both for doing that..
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
It was my true honor to offer some thoughts on a great man. Thanks for offering me the opportunity to do so.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By EdAvilaSr:
Done
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jsucraig:

I think it would be nice if @EdAvilaSr, @Aimless, @Hessian-1, @Devious6, @EBR666, or other site staff would post a comment for all of Arfcom on John's obituary. I don't think that it would be inappropriate since Karla felt us important enough to mention us in his obituary. I do think it would be inappropriate for it to be an Arfcom 'firemission' on his obituary.
Done
Thank you, nicely done sir.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for linking me to this - I did post a comment in his tribute wall. I have to admit to shedding a few tears as I did - what an impact John had on me...on us. I miss interacting with him here. I miss reading his posts. His energy and positivity, even on his worst days, flowed through his words. But, above it all, I will remain committed to finding the good in every day. I found it here today when I got a chance to reflect back on John's legacy to us. Blessed.
View Quote
Very classy, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Obituary for John Suttie
View Quote
Thanks for posting that
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Done
This.

Karla, if by chance you get back on the site, know that many continue to pray for you.  Many here were blessed and
touched by John through his posts.

@usjet
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Done

I also added some notes for John and Karla.

EBR
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Very well said, Sir! I could not improve on that by adding or deleting a single word. (Your post on the obit page, I mean) I echo you completely.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Dear AR15 family,
These past three weeks have been filled with many ups and downs.  The grief comes in waves.  I read a little of these posts daily and they are so touching to me.  I was finding every time I attempted to “post” I came to tears and could not finish.  I’ m back at work , it helps.  Since John passed our well ran dry, our 18 year old cat “Rosie” became blind, the service light came on in the car telling me I am 600 miles over due.   My first thought was just to go to bed and rest for a long time, then I had to get real.  All is being taken care of and our Rosie is adapting quite well with her situation. She can find her food, cat box and resting place in the sun with ease.  If she gets in a room and is cornered she howls like crazy and Lucky (20 year old deaf cat) Tia (dog) and I run to rescue her.  I think she gets a kick out of that.  I had to find our marriage certificate for a social security issue and couldn’t find it anywhere.  I was looking through John’s desk and it was no where to be seen.  John was cremated and his ashes are in his closet on a shelf  for now. I went in the closet and said “John, I need our marriage license “.  I look down and there was another file cabinet I hadn’t seen before, well there it was along with other papers. “thanks John” These little punctuations during the day are the “good in the day” for me.  Sorry I’m rambling on but  like you were a help to John, your a help to me.
Take care all.
Karla

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Please ramble here often.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:
Please ramble here often.
View Quote
Yes, please.

As much as looked forward to Johns posts, I think it’s good for us too to see & read how you’re doing & seeing the ‘good’. It’s just positive all around...
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By usjet:
Dear AR15 family,
These past three weeks have been filled with many ups and downs.  The grief comes in waves.  I read a little of these posts daily and they are so touching to me.  I was finding every time I attempted to “post” I came to tears and could not finish.  I’ m back at work , it helps.  Since John passed our well ran dry, our 18 year old cat “Rosie” became blind, the service light came on in the car telling me I am 600 miles over due.   My first thought was just to go to bed and rest for a long time, then I had to get real.  All is being taken care of and our Rosie is adapting quite well with her situation. She can find her food, cat box and resting place in the sun with ease.  If she gets in a room and is cornered she howls like crazy and Lucky (20 year old deaf cat) Tia (dog) and I run to rescue her.  I think she gets a kick out of that.  I had to find our marriage certificate for a social security issue and couldn’t find it anywhere.  I was looking through John’s desk and it was no where to be seen.  John was cremated and his ashes are in his closet on a shelf  for now. I went in the closet and said “John, I need our marriage license “.  I look down and there was another file cabinet I hadn’t seen before, well there it was along with other papers. “thanks John” These little punctuations during the day are the “good in the day” for me.  Sorry I’m rambling on but  like you were a help to John, your a help to me.
Take care all.
Karla

View Quote
I find myself coming back here every day to see if someone has posted - and was so thrilled to see your post, Karla. And, it was no surprise to see that your post, despite all you are going through, reflect the same ultimate positive and strong emotions as John. We all took inspiration from him and are here for whatever we can return to you.

So many times the "goodness" in the day was John, himself, sharing his thoughts. And he's still with us all showing us the way.

Mark
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad to see your post, Karla.

You might not be aware of what Arfcom really can do. We have subject matter experts from nearly every field here, ranging from particle physics (not kidding) to plumbers, electricians, and HVAC folks. This place is also full of folks willing to drive a day or more just to help someone out.

If you ever find yourself in need of anything, be it money, a work crew, or just a kind ear, please do not hesitate to ask!

I have watched this place raise tens of thousands of dollars in mere hours for someone in need. I also know of groups of folks that have never met all driving hundreds of miles to go lend physical assistance. The Hive is amazing here when given a task.

I’d suggest making a post in Team or General Discussion with “Help” in the title.

We are here for you.

Randy
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Hi Karla..
I try to check in here daily for any new posts.
Be strong M'Lady and know we're here for you.
BIG (((HUG))) from Maine.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:17:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:
Glad to see your post, Karla.

You might not be aware of what Arfcom really can do. We have subject matter experts from nearly every field here, ranging from particle physics (not kidding) to plumbers, electricians, and HVAC folks. This place is also full of folks willing to drive a day or more just to help someone out.

If you ever find yourself in need of anything, be it money, a work crew, or just a kind ear, please do not hesitate to ask!

I have watched this place raise tens of thousands of dollars in mere hours for someone in need. I also know of groups of folks that have never met all driving hundreds of miles to go lend physical assistance. The Hive is amazing here when given a task.

I’d suggest making a post in Team or General Discussion with “Help” in the title.

We are here for you.

Randy
View Quote
This!  There are many good folks here
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I just spent 3 hours reading this. I’m in awe of what a wonderful man John was. This thread has changed my outlook on life. Seriously. I will refer back to this whenever I get complacent in life.

May the Lord hold John in his arms, and bless you daily Karla.

You have my deepest condolences.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:07:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Karla,
Been thinking of you and John the past few days. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling. I pray that God grants you respite from your grief. We are here for you should you need us. Cherish the good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#28]
My Dear Arfcom Family,
Sorry I haven’t been in touch. For some reason I could not get on this site I lost the page where I have responded then found it tonight. It’s already February, hard to believe.  I am doing so much better and not crying daily.  I did have 1 major set back, on January 25, yes 1 month from John passing, our 18 year old  cat  Rosie died.  I did the  “ugly “ cry, couldn’t help it and one of our dear friends followed me home and dug a hole to bury her.  I am so grateful for the help of our family and friends .   My Lucky ‘25 year old cat” and my Tia dog are there with excitement when I get home and I love that time. I hope all is  well with you,  please keep in touch and I will try to maintain this site.
Karla
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry, I hit the wrong key, Lucky is 20 years old, not 25.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Hessian-1:
Karla,
Been thinking of you and John the past few days. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling. I pray that God grants you respite from your grief. We are here for you should you need us. Cherish the good.
View Quote
Karla,

It was so good to see your post when I checked today - it is always great to hear how you are doing and what's going on in your life. You have every right to have those crying moments. And when you lose a loved cat so soon after John's passing it is even more deserved.

I follow John's mantra every day and share it with everyone I can. There is good in every day - we sometimes have to look harder but committing to finding it is life changing. I sometimes refer to the approach as P3 - the Power of Positive Pessimism. It might seem bad, but it can always be worse. :-)

Stop by when you can and if we're not answering quickly enough you can always PM us to get our attention.

Sending thoughts and love your way!!

Mark
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Karla,

It's great to hear from you even though some of the news is not happy. It sounds like you are coping a lot better.

I have been thinking of you and John A LOT lately. It's maple sugaring time here in the northeast. My son and I  tapped 35 trees this past weekend. We are hoping that we have a better year than last year.

Every time I check the sap flow I chuckle about what you told me John did when he got the syrup. Poured it all over the vanilla ice cream. It made me so happy that he was able to enjoy one of his favorite foods.

The wife and I keep you in our prayers.

EBR/Steve
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Karla..
Just checking in to say hello and wish you well.
Beautiful day here in eastern Maine. Temp in the high 30s.
We put out several taps today and the sap was dripping!
Still ~2ft of snow on the ground but it's going fast.
Enjoying the day and tapping trees made me think of you.
Hope all is well & give us an update from time to time.
..FN..
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Thinking of John today. The sky is beginning to lighten up here in northeast PA - looks to be a beautiful start to the day. This is one of those days where it's easy to find the good...and John's inspiration always helps me when it's not so easy.

Sending our thoughts out to you, too, Karla.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I know it's been several years but I just read the entire thread and it got really dusty in here.

I remember John and Karla and continue to pray for them.

I hope Karla has a Blessed Christmas.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:27:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#35]
Can’t believe it’s been that long now. Prayers and wishes for a Merry Christmas for Karla

Edit: I wrote down John’s quote about every day having something good in it. I still have it in my desk drawer here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I stamped his quote into a piece of scrap aluminum that I cleaned up at my last job. I'm still trying to find a suitable place to mount it. For those who don't know it, here it is:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:20:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
I stamped his quote into a piece of scrap aluminum that I cleaned up at my last job. I'm still trying to find a suitable place to mount it. For those who don't know it, here it is:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145837/Screenshot_20211230-231539_2_png-2222735.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for posting that. I miss John's wisdom and attitude.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Happy to do so.
Page / 33
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top