Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Rest in peace Grin. (Page 11 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I figured out where I remember our Grin from.
The Arftroll pages on FB. The local 87, and the sewing circle.  We raised some havoc, Bro.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Rest easy Grin. My condolences.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That guy was funny!

Sorry to hear.
My condolences to his family.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Carla, I never really talked with your son, but we did chat a bit on the tiny chat for awhile(you and I), I am sorry for your loss!

I know as a parent, this is fucked up and you never want to out live your child, PM me if you feel like talking!
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By carla:

Grin passed away in the middle of the night, suddenly.  

Thank you all for your prayers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SauerPatchKid:
Dude was just 25 years old. Prayers for his family, including his mother and fellow arfcomer, Carla.

Grin passed away in the middle of the night, suddenly.  

Thank you all for your prayers.

My condolences Carla.

He was a nice young man. Had been to my place for our tactical shoots and he took is CCW class from me. I will miss him too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#6]
#INFORGRIN
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Can someone make me an IN FOR GRIN avatar.  Possibly camo on orange or orange on camo?  Or the pic he posted of himself lying on the ground camping with IN FOR GRIN posted in safety orange?

I don't know  how to make those.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#8]
RIP.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump for Grin and go hit the go find me that is tacked at the top of the page in GD
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Can someone make me an IN FOR GRIN avatar.  Possibly camo on orange or orange on camo?  Or the pic he posted of himself lying on the ground camping with IN FOR GRIN posted in safety orange?

I don't know  how to make those.
View Quote

I'm sure someone can make this happen for you
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have a pic of his old avatar?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayers for the family.
RIP..
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:32:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#14]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WILSON:
Originally Posted By JustinOK34:

http://www.ar15.com/media/images/xAvatar/264397.PNG

No, the old one, the powdered toast man.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#17]
It was something close to this:

I was hoping to make it out to the range today with my PT92 since Grin loved him some Berettas.  Schedule got full though, maybe tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]

So sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:04:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#19]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WILSON:
Originally Posted By JustinOK34:

http://www.ar15.com/media/images/xAvatar/264397.PNG

that one would work as well, with IN FOR GRIN

look what ifound

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh615/chick664/grin_zpsjiuznesf.jpg

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn I just saw this. I always enjoyed talking to him and Carla in tinychat.
RIP Grin, you will be missed. My condolences Carla.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Oh Carla, my heart breaks for you. Will be donating. Grin rest in peace brother.

Tiny chat is cursed.

Jim
View Quote

Jim,
Tiny Chat is not cursed.  I wouldn't have all of you as such wonderful friends, I wouldn't have my other son Andrew (Paraframe), and I don't know HOW I would have gotten through those first two days without all of you there for me.

Yes, the memory of my son, the grammar nazi, made me remember to check my grammar before I submitted.

I miss him so very much.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I am so very sorry for your loss, Carla.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SleepingBirdDog:
I am so very sorry for your loss, Carla.
View Quote

Thank you.  

I will be honest, it hurts like effing hell.  I miss him a lot, but hearing such wonderful things about him here and on facebook certainly helps.

Carla
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#26]
So sorry for your loss Carla... As a father, I can't even imagine what you're going through right now.

You have my thoughts & prayers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks, hoodoo.  

As a parent, I ask you all to hugs your children longer, always let I LOVE YOU be the last words they hear from you.  I take comfort in that one.  His last words to me were love you mom, with my reply of a hug and I love you too baby.  

If your children live away from home, call them and tell them you love them.

All the money in the world cannot replace a single minute more with them.  Go to the sports games instead of working late.  Splurge on the local fair or the amusement park.  Eat ice cream for supper once in a while, run through the sprinkler or have water fights.  Build those happy memories, just in case.

My boys are my world, and half of my heart shattered and fell away.  I wouldn't even wish this pain on my worst enemy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#29]
rest in peace
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#30]
A few years ago, he spray painted his headgear, labeled it and posted pictures. I tried to add a finial (making it look like a WWI picklehaub), but that didn't come out very well. So I gave him a propeller.

RIP, Grin.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Rest in peace young man. Prayers for his family.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I met him in person a few years back. Cool dude. RIP bro.

Grin and I were shooing mosins back and fourth until our shoulders were beaten and bruised. We must have shot 300 rounds of .54r that afternoon
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks, hoodoo.  

As a parent, I ask you all to hugs your children longer, always let I LOVE YOU be the last words they hear from you.  I take comfort in that one.  His last words to me were love you mom, with my reply of a hug and I love you too baby.  

All the money in the world cannot replace a single minute more with them.  Go to the sports games instead of working late.  Splurge on the local fair or the amusement park.  Eat ice cream for supper once in a while, run through the sprinkler or have water fights.  Build those happy memories, just in case.

My boys are my world, and half of my heart shattered and fell away.  I wouldn't even wish this pain on my worst enemy.
View Quote

I hope you don't mind but I read this not too long ago and it really stuck with me.  I hope it brings you at least some small measure of comfort.

Henry Scott Holland ~1910
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#34]
RIP, Grin.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:57:32 AM EDT
[#35]
R.I.P. Grin. I just found out tonight from Blitz_308.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:08:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carla] [#36]
Originally Posted By Mak_380:
A few years ago, he spray painted his headgear, labeled it and posted pictures. I tried to add a finial (making it look like a WWI picklehaub), but that didn't come out very well. So I gave him a propeller.

RIP, Grin.
View Quote

I know he loved that, so much in his sense of humor there.

Thanks for a wonderful memory.

Now, how do I make the image up there my avatar?
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I wouldn't mind some compant about now (1630 CST)
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

You ok, sugar?
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Bump for Carla. Give this woman some love GD, she has been through a lot.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#40]

I always liked the guy, especially since he was from the Mexico Mo area.  I have inlaws(soon to be ex technically, but good folks anyway) that live there.  I always wanted to meet up with Grin and either go shooting or have lunch at the pizza place in the old town square of Mexico.  He was unflappable and had a thick skin when we were all messing around with each other on here.  Plus he liked Berettas.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#41]
RIP
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks, hoodoo.  

View Quote

Damn!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks, he adored Berettas (I do too).  I am so sorry you never got the opportunity to meet up with his, he was a great guy!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks, hoodoo.  

View Quote

Carla I am saddened for your loss...

You are right to remind us all of the importance of family and friends as well as the need to show our love for them.

This place continues to amaze me and I have been here 2006. We are a group of degenerates who constantly fight and bicker with each other but when it comes time to be serious this place has some of greatest people who are unbelievable generous with their time, money, skills, knowledge, and love. I hope you find comfort in Grin's fellowship with such a group and him impact on us.

Not so much for you Carla but for those reading this thread... Last year I lost a friend and I posted the text below here to ARFCOM...

TOMORROW IS PROMISED TO NO MAN…

You never know when your final day will be or when God decides to call someone else home. To often we take for granted that our loved ones and friends know how much we care about them. They may know, but when was the last time you told them, showed them? How hard is it today to communicate with people with text, twitter, facebook, and email? How often does someone cross your mind during the day and you wonder how they are doing? How often does that translate into action and you follow up with a text or phone call? I am terribly guilty of it, many people cross my mind and I never follow up.

Now I am missing a friend, a friend that I can’t tell that I loved him and missed him. A friend I wasn’t there for…

You never know what others are going through no matter how well they seem on the outside, everyone struggles, some more than others. No one knows what people are thinking at their darkest hour. People that have so much to lose can get in a place so dark and so deep that they no longer see what they have to live for. It is hard to know what to say to someone in that place, especially if you have never been there yourself, but saying something is better than not saying anything at all. Maybe they want to know that they’re not alone, that someone understands. That it isn’t wrong to be in that deep, dark place but that there is a way out, that there are better days ahead. Maybe they need a reminder of what they would leave behind, a reminder that whatever the circumstances it is temporary.

It isn’t often that someone takes their life suddenly without any notice, usually there are subtle signs. If you know someone that seems to be in a deep dark place, reach out, offer kindness and a sympathetic ear. Suggest a helpline, or talking to a health professional, tell them it’s not a sign of being broken just a good healthy tool to start getting back to feeling good again. Make sure you tell someone else what is going on. Most of all, be a friend.

If you are reading this and you are the one in the deep dark place, reach out to someone, anyone, before doing anything permanent. Hell, reach out to me if you want...
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm gonna miss him.

He won a membership from me for posting the best picture and he was so happy, he said he had never won anything and it was a great gift.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#47]
I haven't been around much lately,decided to log on and saw this.Terrible news.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Naamah:

You ok, sugar?
View All Quotes

You ok, sugar?

I am doing about as well as can be expected in my sitiuation.  Grin would be proud of how I am standing on my own.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#49]

I am doing about as well as can be expected in my sitiuation.  Grin would be proud of how I am standing on my own.
View All Quotes

You ok, sugar?

As you should be proud of him.  I pray for you daily.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#50]
My condolences to Carla and all who knew him.
Page / 12
Rest in peace Grin. (Page 11 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top