Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:23:11 PM EDT
My  favorite Tarantino film after Pulp Fiction. Great dialogue with alot of memorable
characters. Great movie that had too much to live up to in the shadow of PF.  Anybody?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I love it. My collector's edition DVD set has the entire "Chicks Who Love Guns" video QT shot for the film.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I love it. My collector's edition DVD set has the entire "Chicks Who Love Guns" video QT shot for the film.

Wow, guess you and i are the only two who liked this movie.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Worst Tarantino movie ever! But still better than 99% of the movies out there. And I liked it better than the Elmore Leonard book.

AK-47, when you have to kill every MF'r in the room!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Worst Tarantino movie ever! But still better than 99% of the movies out there. And I liked it better than the Elmore Leonard book.

AK-47, when you have to kill every MF'r in the room!

Your favorite Tarantino film?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Would "True Romance" or "Natural Born Killers" count as Tarantino movies also?  If so then NBK is the worst, no fault of QT though.  If he had directed instead of Stone.......

I'd put "Jackie Brown" ahead of "Kill Bill" IMHO.  If only for Pam Grier
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#6]
My favorite is Pulp Fiction and then the Kill Bills.

1) Pulp Fiction
2) Kill Bill II
3) Kill Bill I
4) NBK
5) True Romance
6) Jackie Brown
7) Four Rooms
8) Vampire movie with Rodriquez

Upon further reflection, some parts of Jackie Brown are as good as Tarantino has ever done. I just so hate Michael Keaton in that movie. Forester, Greer, Fonda, stoner DeNiro were all so good.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Jackie Brown is most certainly my second favorite QT movie, after Pulp Fiction, of course.  The Kill Bill movies, lets face it, sucked donkey balls.  Listen to the dialogue in KB and then in JB....there's no comparison.  Kill Bill's lines are just BAD.  Yes, they are intentionally bad.  But the important part of the phrase 'intentionally bad' isn't 'intentionally' - just because I knew what they were doing with it doesn't make it any better.

Jackie Brown had good characters, good quotable dialogue and great understated acting (especially by Robert Forster and Pam Grier).  I had the two-disc edition, but lost it in the past year along with 90% of my other DVD's.  It had the 'Chicks Who Love Guns' segment with six women, but when watching the movie it seems like there were more in the video that didn't make it into the special feature.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I throughly enjoyed Jackie Brown. It's definatley one of Tarantino's best.

I thought the filming of the same scene over and over again from different view points was great.

As far as dialogue, in Kill Bill Tarantino was going for cheese. I'd say he got it. A tribute to all the old, cheesy Kung Fu/Karate movies of the 70's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Jackie Brown is most certainly my second favorite QT movie, after Pulp Fiction, of course.  The Kill Bill movies, lets face it, sucked donkey balls.  Listen to the dialogue in KB and then in JB....there's no comparison.  Kill Bill's lines are just BAD.  Yes, they are intentionally bad.  But the important part of the phrase 'intentionally bad' isn't 'intentionally' - just because I knew what they were doing with it doesn't make it any better.

Jackie Brown had good characters, good quotable dialogue and great understated acting (especially by Robert Forster and Pam Grier).  I had the two-disc edition, but lost it in the past year along with 90% of my other DVD's.  It had the 'Chicks Who Love Guns' segment with six women, but when watching the movie it seems like there were more in the video that didn't make it into the special feature.

Now I know why you call yourself Doucheatron.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the education SS109 & RiffRandall,  I love True Romance but did'nt know that Tarantino had anything to do it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
"I swear of you say one more word, one more fuckin word....."

"Louis.."

POW!

Needless to say, Ive been in love with Pam Grier for eons......

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"Louis.."

POW!

She was quite the nut twist. Definitively got what she deserved.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

"Louis.."

POW!

She was quite the nut twist. Definitively got what she deserved.

Yeah, but Mel is good at throwing a fuck your way.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Needless to say, Ive been in love with Pam Grier for eons......

A big +1 on that.  And IMHO she's even hotter now than she was in the '70s.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now I know why you call yourself Doucheatron.

I believe in truth in advertising.  

I don't think I could pull off a handle like Terminator_McBadass.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:19:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1,000,087 Kill bill sucked, they took a three hour movie and cut it in half to make twice the money. The first onehalf sucked so bad that I don't ever want to see the second. It is a Perfect example of a director that is full of himself in full movie masterbation mode. Pulp Fiction is awesome, Res Dogs is second, and Jackie Brown is third, I have true romance on the way from netflix right now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top