Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By hcook:
I would like to request prayer for myself. At this point I really don't want to go into a lot of detail, but I will tell you that it's health related.

I have a doctor appt. on Feb 5, and should get some info following that.

To be completely transparent, I have been dealing with a tremendous amount of fear. I know that kind of fear isn't from our Father, but it's what I'm dealing with.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Well look what the cat just dragged in!

Good to hear from you again hcook!

If you would like to IM me about some of this, that would be fine with me.

I'd like to get a chance to catch up also!

Your brother in Christ,

SAE

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a small prayer, thats all I can ask for
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By YoungFrankenstien856:
Just a small prayer, thats all I can ask for

How about a big prayer, that by faith will echo off of the ceiling of God's throne room like a sonic boom!

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
SAE must have some serious pipes to shake the chandelier like that, go for it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
YoungFrankenstien856,

Does Mexico or somthing about Mexico have any relevence to you concerning your life or your condition?

I'll tell you latter why I asked.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Mexico? last time I checked it didn't, but you never can tell these days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By YoungFrankenstien856:
Mexico? last time I checked it didn't, but you never can tell these days.

Ok.

IM inbound.

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I would like to be added to the list.  Not so much for myself but for my daughter that is about to be born.  Me and the mother are going through a divorce, and my wife is considered high risk.  I don't feel my wife is capable to take care of the 2 kids she already has, much less the new one.  But the only reason she wont agree to joint custody is for the child support she wants.

So please pray for my daughter Chloe.  I will announce when she is born, and her details.  I just hope that she is born healthy, and that I can ensure her safety and good upbringing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:42:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#9]
Originally Posted By THAT911GUY:
I would like to be added to the list.  Not so much for myself but for my daughter that is about to be born.  Me and the mother are going through a divorce, and my wife is considered high risk.  I don't feel my wife is capable to take care of the 2 kids she already has, much less the new one.  But the only reason she wont agree to joint custody is for the child support she wants.

So please pray for my daughter Chloe.  I will announce when she is born, and her details.  I just hope that she is born healthy, and that I can ensure her safety and good upbringing.

Welcome aboard That911Guy!

We will certainly pray for you and your family.

If you don't mind me asking, is there any desire on your part about restoring your relationship with your spouse?

Oh and congratulations on that new and by faith healthy and blessed daughter Chloe who is about to grace the world by her mere presence!

Just to get this straight though, would you like only to be prayed for or would you like to participate in praying for others also?

Thanks, and great to meet you!

SAE

Link Posted: 2/2/2010 12:04:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#10]
Lord God of Hosts the Most High,

Father, if it is by Your gracious will, allow myself, and my companion YoungFrankenstien856 and any others who wish to come into Your majestic courts tonight, come and gain access there to You, Great and Mighty King, so that we may honor You and worship You in spirit and in truth.

For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is a rock?
Only our God.
God is my strong refuge; He makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and sets me securely on the heights.

Amen.

Make Your ways known to me, Lord; teach me Your paths.
Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; I wait for You all day long.
Remember LORD, Your compassion and Your faithful love, for they have existed from antiquity.
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my acts of rebellion; in keeping with Your faithful love, remember me because of Your goodness, LORD.
The LORD is good and upright; therefore He shows sinners the way.
He leads the humble in what is right and teaches them His way.
All the LORD's ways show faithful love and truth to those who keep His covenant and decrees.
Because of Your Name, LORD, forgive my sin for it is great.

LORD forget not Your servant concerning the business at hand in Jesus Name,

Noblesse Oblige*

For this is why and how I come.

Father God of all creation, my God, honor me tonight and allow Your slave to gain access into Your throne room with praises unto You and allow us by Your command to come down to You and continue to worship at the footstool of Your Crown, O' Great King of Israel and everything that You in Your unspeakable wisdom have deemed holy and set apart!

Great King and Savior, here I am, by faith, Your son and inheritence with my beloved brother YoungFrankenstien856.

I humbly thank You, Abba Rafe for allowing us an audience with You where You dwell right now through the power of the Holy Spirit that You have graciously allowed us to use not only for our benifit, but for Your own righteous glory, first and foremost.

My Savior and Healer, I humbly make petition and request to You now in regards to my brother YoungFrankenstien856, concerning his debilitated physical state, suffering from such for seventeen years or more from this date.

Lord, I know that You are a Master Craftsman and that You created all of Your creations with the intent for great purpose.

I also humbly recognize that it is by Your supreme command that all who come to You with a clean heart and compassion for the ones that they love will not leave Your presence disappointed or dismayed.

Lord, is there a healing balm in Ramoth-gilead for my brother YoungFrankenstein856, for I do not know if his garments have been washed by the Blood of Your Lamb?

However Father let me quote using Your precious Word right now and by faith concerning that living will for all of mankind, for it is by Your Word that all should live and not perish concerning the oath that You alone swore to my father Abraham:

''I will bless those who bless you, I will curse those who treat you with contempt, and all the peoples of the earth will be blessed by you.''

Genesis 12:3

''I assure you: The one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do. And he will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If YOU ASK me ANYTHING in My name, I will do it.''

John 14;12-14

So now Father in the Name and by Your healing Blood which You shed on calvary, and by that Name, which puts everything created under His subjection, I call healing into my brother, YoungFrankenstien's body this instant wavering not.

My Father and King, this will indeed by faith bring forth great glory and high honor for You and You alone, for taking this action for us right now!

Also Sire, at this time I boldly stand in the gap between You and my brother YoungFrankenstien856, concerning him comming to know You as His personal Lord and most precious Savior, Father.

I vouch for him and make a commitment this day, February 1, 2010, to pray always and by the faith that pleases You everyday until  my brother YoungFrankenstien856 confesses with his mouth that You are Lord if he has not already done so!

I envision this success through the intense power of the Holy Spirit of Yaweh.

For Lord, who is it that can stand against this and You!

Deliver us and guide us, Your servants, in all of our calling and labors concerning You!

For it is in the Name of Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth, and through His love for us in which we pray,

Amen and Amen

It is finished*

Link Posted: 2/2/2010 2:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]
By no means will i be asking to be prayed for without praying for others myself.  

And as far as me and the spouse, there is no hope for reconciliation at this point.  The things that have been done and said have crossed too many lines (sad to say).
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 8:33:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#12]
By no means will i be asking to be prayed for without praying for others myself.  

And as far as me and the spouse, there is no hope for reconciliation at this point.  The things that have been done and said have crossed too many lines (sad to say).

That911Guy,

I understand.

Welcome to the prayer team sir!

Your participation is greatly appreciated and may God's blessing be on you and your family and especially Chloe right now!

Thanks so much,

SAE

Link Posted: 2/3/2010 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice SAE
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you brother Frank!

It is an absolute pleasure through the Holy Spirit in doing so!

Will everyone on the prayer team please continue to pray for YoungFrankenstien 856 everyday, until he has achieved God's blessings in his life including a full recovery and a deep understanding of what is his true purpose in life according to God's best for him, concerning his relationship with Jesus Christ and all whom he might come in contact with.

Continue to keep us updated with what's going on, and may God's blessings be upon you always my dear friend!

Your brother in Christ by faith,

SAE
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 11:17:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#15]
Good Morning prayer partners and friends!

I have recieved several IM's over the last few days concerning some prayer requests from several who wish to be prayed for concerning some issues and other things that are going on in their lives right now.

One is from hcook, asking us to pray for God's guidence in his life concerning his calling into full time ministry.

He feels as if he has recieved several confirmations concerning this through his pastor and his family.

I have had several IM conversations over the last several months with hcook, and personally feel that he is a great man of God, and would certainly be a credit to any ministry that God would have for him to be in association with or to even start his own with God's blessing and assurances toward hcook and his family.

We are certainly looking forward to a good report from brother hcook in the next several days and weeks in the near future, as he himself has just recieved a good report from his doctor concerning a medical issue.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Let us also pray that the spirit of peace and understanding rest upon or brother cyclone as well as his precious wife.

As you probably know from his previos thread here, that cyclone and his wife lost their baby son due to complications with cyclone's wife's pregnancy a short time back.

Cyclone has communicated with me through IM, that he does not hold any bitter emotions concerning their loss toward God in any way.

Right now though, cyclone askes that everyone pray for thier healing due to this unfortunate and tragic event that has occurred, and what is God's best for himself and his wife at the present or about possibly planning to have another child in the future, if that is what cyclone and his wife might decide to do.

May God bless and keep you both.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 12:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#17]
A few days ago I recieved a IM from wuzzblind, concerning going on a mission's trip to the country of Maldovo.

I have to admit that my world geography knowledge concerning where this country is located needed some brushing up.

After googling, I found out that Maldovo is located in the vicinity northwest of the black sea bordered by Ukraine, a former soviet republic.

At any rate, would you please pray for Don and his beautiful wife Beth as they make preparations to undertake this endeavor.

Don is also in my humble opinion a great man of God, and his postings here, I believe testify to his love and concern for others as it relates to the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ, even if it means going anywhere in the world that God would have him and his wife go to for His glory and compassion for people everywhere.

Thank you both in advance for your intended service concerning this!

Thanks again,

SAE
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 12:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#18]
Let us all remember to pray for one another and the owners, Ed Avila and his family, the site staff and also the moderators, here at AR-15.com on a daily basis and give thanks to God and them always!

Link Posted: 2/11/2010 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#19]
my beautiful daughter was born on Feb 10 at 2:16pm.  8lbs 14oz.  19.5 in long.  Chloe Isabella Hunter is a beautiful chubby baby.

Link Posted: 2/11/2010 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Well looky there!

That is one pretty baby for sure!

Congratulations Dad!

Praise the Lord!

When you get a chance if you want, can you give some more details about the birth of your beautiful daughter Miss Chloe!

How are you and the rest of the family doing also?

Very pleased and relieved I'll bet.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 8:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#21]
Hey prayer partners,

If you have been following the news you probably have heard about those ten Baptist missionaries who have been arrested and are now being detained in a jail in Port-Au-Prince Haiti.

As you might know these missionaries, mostly young people were attempting to drive a bus load of Hatian children across the border to the Dominican Republic to get these refugee children, reportedly with the permission of their own parents or other family members  eventually to the saftey of the United States.

Right now the Hatian judge reviewing the case believes that their release will come soon citing that thier probably has been no breaking of Hatian laws concerning the mission of mercy that was trying to be accomplished pertaining to these young children.

It has been two weeks now since there detainment, and there still could be several more days or even weeks before there release and return here to the United States becomes a reality for these precious laborers for Christ.

May God be with them right now and secure a release for them all very soon!

God bless all who suffer in Haiti right now and especially the children of that devestated country with food, medicine, doctors, emergency personel, clothing, shelter, electricity, clean water and the Word of God.

Thank You Jesus for suppling these things

Thank's

SAE
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Hello :)
Need some prayer for our youth pastor Jon Brown. In the hospital with colitus. He's been dealing with this for 5 years now and the current treatment is not doing its' job. He is asking for us to pray for a miraculous healing so it may be used to witness to his doctors and staff of the power of the God we serve.
Thanks! Don
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#23]
my beautiful daughter was born on Feb 10 at 2:16pm.  8lbs 14oz.  19.5 in long.  Chloe Isabella Hunter is a beautiful chubby baby.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs298.ash1/22536_108580905821660_100000092542705_214998_340470_n.jpg

What a wonderful blessing :)  Congrats! She is beautiful!
Don
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 10:44:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#24]
Good morning everyone!

I have made application with a oilfield service company located here in my area near Ft. Worth Tx.

They are now conducting operations in the gas fields that are located in and around the La.,Tx, Ark., tri-state area.

They are also forming up crews for operations in the Pennsylvania oilfield, one of the largest recent finds in the United States.

If hired by this company, I would rotate out to one of these gas fields, every three weeks or so, and then return here at home for approxamatly the same amount of time, and then go back out again.

I am not real motivated at this point to be away from my family here for what I consider right now to be long periods of time away from my loved ones.

However the pay is quite substaincial and the benifits are top drawer also.

Would everyone who reads this, please pray for God's best in this situation and for His will to be done concerning this employment as it relates to myself and my family.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Hi Everyone,

I haven't checked in here for a few days, but I have been praying for all of you. I'm really glad that we all have a place to go to
like this. That being said, I could use a prayer or two myself right now.

God Bless,

Chad
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi everyone.

I just wanted to ask for a quick prayer from all of you. Things are getting stressful in the Compass household as my fiance and I are nearing our wedding date. I would like to ask for patience (for me) and for the day to get here quickly and go without (too much) hitch.

Thank you, and God bless all of you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Compass:
Hi everyone.

I just wanted to ask for a quick prayer from all of you. Things are getting stressful in the Compass household as my fiance and I are nearing our wedding date. I would like to ask for patience (for me) and for the day to get here quickly and go without (too much) hitch.

Will do Compass. And a big congrats for your big day!
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:18:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#28]
Hi everyone.

We certainly will sister!

Oh and by the way, if your family or soon to be family name is well connected with that banking chain by the same name, then I could use a generous bank loan about now for a new truck and a few little ole' whatnots and stuff.

Keep us posted, and don't hesitate to post back in for any other prayer request.

If he grills, get your soon to be hubby a nice new bbq grill with all the cool junk hanging off of it to keep him busy and not worry too much about married life, if he's got some pre-wedding hebbie-geebies right now!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 11:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Compass] [#29]
LOL, SAE, he actually is as calm as can be. But we are getting a grill as a wedding present.

I'll be the one using it more, but I don't mind. Cook should be my middle name.

Thanks for the prayers, y'all. It is needed, and appreciated.

There will be a thread once I have the pictures from the wedding, so keep an eye out for it.

ETA: It's the 21st, in case I failed to mention that.

ETA2: I wish I was involved in the family of the same name as me. I wouldn't have to worry so much.

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 8:32:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#30]
LOL, SAE, he actually is as calm as can be. But we are getting a grill as a wedding present. I'll be the one using it more, but I don't mind. Cook should be my middle name.

There will be a thread once I have the pictures from the wedding, so keep an eye out for it.

ETA2: I wish I was involved in the family of the same name as me. I wouldn't have to worry so much.

Bring on the wedding pics when you get them saster!!

Hey I got a dare for ya though.

Do you think that you could get someone to snap a pic of you rubbing a little cake into your man's face when yall stick a piece into each others mouth after the cake cutting ceremony and then post in here with the others.

You know, with that look of supreme dominance on your face, when you daub it on to show who's really in charge if he doesn't already know it! .

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By SAE:

LOL, SAE, he actually is as calm as can be. But we are getting a grill as a wedding present.
I'll be the one using it more, but I don't mind. Cook should be my middle name.

Bring on the wedding pics when you get them saster!!

Hey I got a dare for ya though.

Do you think that you could get someone to snap a pic of you rubbing a little cake into your man's face when yall stick a piece into each others mouth after the cake cutting ceremony and then post in here with the others.

You know, with that look of supreme dominance on your face, when you daub it on to show who's really in charge if he doesn't already know it! .

Thanks,

SAE

I am 99.99% sure that something like that will happen, I just couldn't tell you who will be on the receiving end! He is sneaky sneaky like that. But I'll try, just for you.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey guys,

Just checking in with a special request tonight.  My grandmother goes in for some pretty intensive surgery tomorrow, would love for you to keep her in your prayers.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Lion
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:24:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#33]
Originally Posted By Lion:
Hey guys,

Just checking in with a special request tonight.  My grandmother goes in for some pretty intensive surgery tomorrow, would love for you to keep her in your prayers.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Lion

Good to hear from you Lion!

Prayers sent concerning your grandmother and the surgery she is going through right now in Jesus' Name.

We also pray for your peace and for your whole family at this time, and also for this event to bring you all closer together right now too!

Please update us concerning the outcome and may God watch out and protect your Grandmother during surgery and may God bless her recovery and give her fresh incite about Him and His unfaltering love for her always.

God Bless you and keep you, and may His light shine upon you, and may He give you peace!

Your brother,

SAE

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for all the prayers!

All went VERY well today and it was discovered the cancer (colon) had not spread and they believe they got it in one shot.  Hopefully she will be around a bit longer (she is one tough cookie).

Hope all of you are doing well.

Lion
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Good to hear Lion............hopefully all is well.....................

And I would like to express a word of thanks for all those who have prayed for my wife and me..................it's still tough at times, but I know GOD is in control, and HIS will is what we want more than what we want............

I would like to request one more prayer for a co-worker............he refuses to acknowledge GOD's existence and is stubborn concerning a belief in The Almighty. Other co-workers have driven him away by telling him that he is an idiot for non belief, but I have cautioned them about it, and have taken a softer stance with him............I wont give up on the guy..........
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#36]

All went VERY well today and it was discovered the cancer (colon) had not spread and they believe they got it in one shot.  Hopefully she will be around a bit longer (she is one tough cookie).

Lion

So great to hear! God's power is awesome!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By cyclone:

And I would like to express a word of thanks for all those who have prayed for my wife and me..................it's still tough at times, but I know GOD is in control, and HIS will is what we want more than what we want............

I would like to request one more prayer for a co-worker............he refuses to acknowledge GOD's existence and is stubborn concerning a belief in The Almighty. Other co-workers have driven him away by telling him that he is an idiot for non belief, but I have cautioned them about it, and have taken a softer stance with him............I wont give up on the guy..........

I was just having a conversation today about a subject very close to the issue you are having with your co-worker. The pastor that will be marrying myself and my fiance was talking to me about his beliefs. He told me that we should pray for those who do not believe as that is what God wanted us to do.

A little prayer is going up for your friend, and for you to be soft in your talks with him.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Lion

Fantastic news!

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Great to hear from you brother cyclone!

IM inbound shortly

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Kingpin38506:

Lion

+1 on the situation Lion!

Have you bought your grandmother some nice flowers and an expensive looking card, or somthing along those lines yet?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Lion

Do you also have a good report to share with us this morning, Kingpin38506?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:39:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#42]

Lion

Fantastic news!

Good Morning Ms Compass!

How are the pre-wedding tremors this morning?

Null and void I hope

Thanks,

SAE

btw: what is the date you and your man will be married, if you don't mind me asking you?

I don't think that you have stated previously.

We can always pray for no rain and no earthquakes here in Texas on that day, if you know what I mean!

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:41:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingpin38506] [#43]

Lion

Do you also have a good report to share with us this morning, Kingpin38506?

Thanks,

SAE

Actually, things are beginning to level out a little around here. I wouldn't say I'm out of the water yet, but I did
get my mask flushed so I can at least see where I'm swimming.

Thanks for asking, and thank you all for the prayers.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Good Morning Ms Compass!

How are the pre-wedding tremors this morning?

Null and void I hope

Thanks,

SAE

btw: what is the date you and your man will be married, if you don't mind me asking you?

I don't think that you have stated previously.

We can always pray for no rain and no earthquakes here in Texas on that day, if you know what I mean!

I am doing A-OK right now. They always say that things pop up when you last expect it, but my fiance and I put our heads together and are knocking them outta the park.

I am getting on the nervous side, as to be expected. I am not used to so much attention being on me. It is an oddly cool feeling.

The day is March 21st. The day after Spring Equinox, and a day of praise. I should hope it is a wonderfully gorgeous Spring day, sans rain and earthquakes.

Link Posted: 3/13/2010 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Hi all!

I would appreciate your prayers for my mother-in-law.  She is a kind, loving, nurturing, and caring soul.  She has been a blessing to me and my family over the years.  She has suffered for many years with bad arthritis which has significantly limited her mobility.  She has had leukemia for many years though it has not defeated her.  This morning she fell and fractured her hip.  We are waiting to see what type of treatment (such as traction), that the doctors will recommend.  

She may be nearly 80, but she is full of light, love and life that she shares generously.  She has always placed others before herself and she is quick to say a kind word, to smile, to laugh, and to listen (though she often forgets to put in her hearing aids).  I know that my Father-in-law could use some prayers as well.  Those two mean the world to each other!  My wife is taking this especially rough, and though she has siblings, they are spread out all over the country and are preoccupied with their own drama, so the bulk of caring for her folks is on her shoulders.

It is difficult to see those we love suffering, and the Lord helps us to endure and provides us with opportunities to spread beauty by showing compassion and support when our brothers, sisters, neighbors and friends are going through trials and tragedies.  Tough times bring us together, they challenge our character, they test our metal, and they give us a chance to grow if we are willing to stretch.  Difficulties can bring out the best in some people, despite the bad that spills out of others in the same situations.  It is the contrast of light amidst great darkness that inspires us to reach deeper within ourselves to be better rather than bitter.

Thanks in advance for any prayers you can offer, I truly believe to my core in the power of prayer!

God bless you!  - Laughingststock
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Just an update. . . . .

My mother-in-law had surgery which went well.  Now will come the rehabilitation process.  I'm going to remodel the house to accommodate the special needs and limited mobility issues of my in-laws.  I'm putting in some chairlifts, widening doorways, putting in egress windows, adding a kitchenette, and putting in a new bathroom.  I will be busy and that's a good thing!  

Thankfully my wife is a nurse, so we will have an advantage caring for them.  Also, they are amazing people and being around them more often will be beneficial for us all.  Privacy can be a nice luxury, yet in these times, we must be thankful that we live in America, that we have a roof over our heads, that we have clothes on our backs and food in our bellies.  I feel compassion for the elderly who are ware-housed and rarely visited by their children.  

Most good folks don't want to be a burden, though I could only pray that I would be blessed and not forsaken by my children should I live a long life and find myself in a fragile, vulnerable and difficult living situation!  My prayers go out to those here who are struggling and scrambling to get by in this economy, and for those with elderly/special needs family members.  God bless those folks who rise to the challenges of being a caregiver, for as challenging as it is, it has many rewards.  

Caring for elderly parents can be like parenting your own children which sometimes seems a thankless job with no rest in sight, yet there are those quiet moments and unspoken communications that confirm a deep sense of gratitude which touches you in a lasting and deep way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Laughingststock:
Just an update. . . . .

My mother-in-law had surgery which went well.  Now will come the rehabilitation process.  I'm going to remodel the house to accommodate the special needs and limited mobility issues of my in-laws.  I'm putting in some chairlifts, widening doorways, putting in egress windows, adding a kitchenette, and putting in a new bathroom.  I will be busy and that's a good thing!  

Thankfully my wife is a nurse, so we will have an advantage caring for them.  Also, they are amazing people and being around them more often will be beneficial for us all.  Privacy can be a nice luxury, yet in these times, we must be thankful that we live in America, that we have a roof over our heads, that we have clothes on our backs and food in our bellies.  I feel compassion for the elderly who are ware-housed and rarely visited by their children.  

Most good folks don't want to be a burden, though I could only pray that I would be blessed and not forsaken by my children should I live a long life and find myself in a fragile, vulnerable and difficult living situation!  My prayers go out to those here who are struggling and scrambling to get by in this economy, and for those with elderly/special needs family members.  God bless those folks who rise to the challenges of being a caregiver, for as challenging as it is, it has many rewards.  

Caring for elderly parents can be like parenting your own children which sometimes seems a thankless job with no rest in sight, yet there are those quiet moments and unspoken communications that confirm a deep sense of gratitude which touches you in a lasting and deep way.

Good to hear all went well.  Prayers inbound for a speedy recovery.

Update on my grandma:  She came home yesterday.  Unfortunately I still have not seen her as I was stricken with a kidney stone the day after her surgery.  I've gotton "passed" that now and will hopefully see her this week.  Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.

Lion

Link Posted: 3/17/2010 1:33:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Update #2. . . .

My mother-in-law was able to walk with a walker this morning!  This afternoon she walked (with the walker) out of the room and back to her bed!  She will be going to a physical rehabilitation facility so we are excited about her amazing progress thus far.  We will continue praying and thanking God.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Mr_Harry:
I would like prayer:

That the lord finishes the work he started in me.

That I have the guts to do his will (hey It's scary, I worry I'm gonna blow it).

That my bad back gets better (or at least stops hurting)

And for employment.

I Got a Job!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/17/2010 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#50]
A couple of praises in a row!

Thank you LORD!!!
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top