Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2005 10:08:34 AM EDT by YANKEEFAN]
So I get home from my Chrustmas travels and go start up my 1990 Bronco and notice that the stereo doesn't come on when I plaxce the face plate back on it. It is a Kenwood MDC-225 cd player bought last year. I checked the fuse in my fuse box and the fuses are all good. I noticed in the schemnatic that the deck itself has a 10amp fuse could this be blown? If so do I have to pull the deck o ut to get to it? If I have to pull the deck where can I get the tool to remove the deck? I can't seem to find mine, thought I put them in my roll away tool box but is nowhere to be found. Will a car stereo shop sell this tool to me?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:49:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:12:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:42:09 PM EDT
IM on the way. Thanks a bunch bigscrun!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:15:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:08:17 AM EDT
Ok I just got back from the local car stereo shop and it was a VERY easy fix. THe guy told me that he would have to charge me to look at the deck or I would have to pull the deck and leave it for the guys to look at. So I told him the problem and the counter guy walked out to the truck with me. He asks me if I have a pen, I give him one and he pushes in a little button on the front of the deck itself and then puts the face plate on and pushes on a small little button on the face plate and BOOOM. I ahve sound again. Now why can't the instructions reveal this instead of just saying call for service if the fuse is good and still not powering on.
Top Top