Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:02 PM EDT
So I get home from my Chrustmas travels and go start up my 1990 Bronco and notice that the stereo doesn't come on when I plaxce the face plate back on it. It is a Kenwood MDC-225 cd player bought last year. I checked the fuse in my fuse box and the fuses are all good. I noticed in the schemnatic that the deck itself has a 10amp fuse could this be blown? If so do I have to pull the deck o ut to get to it? If I have to pull the deck where can I get the tool to remove the deck? I can't seem to find mine, thought I put them in my roll away tool box but is nowhere to be found. Will a car stereo shop sell this tool to me?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
IM on the way. Thanks a bunch bigscrun!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok I just got back from the local car stereo shop and it was a VERY easy fix. THe guy told me that he would have to charge me to look at the deck or I would have to pull the deck and leave it for the guys to look at. So I told him the problem and the counter guy walked out to the truck with me. He asks me if I have a pen, I give him one and he pushes in a little button on the front of the deck itself and then puts the face plate on and pushes on a small little button on the face plate and BOOOM. I ahve sound again. Now why can't the instructions reveal this instead of just saying call for service if the fuse is good and still not powering on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top