Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/27/2005 8:24:03 PM EDT
I just received my ffl application in the mail, the batf sent the forms within five days of initial request, that was suprising, from all I have read about batf, now the questions, I currently have my own corp. it is a sub-s, I own a conv. store, and I am going to build a larger building, with three other stores with it (strip mall), I want to open a gun store in one of the three spaces, it will be down the road a bit, but I think I could go ahead and get ffl, through the existing corp. does anyone have any experience with this? also do you have to have a store front to have a ffl? do you have to actually be a dealer to get ffl? if so can you still use your home as a place of business? right now it wouldn't be practical to have a gun shop in a conv. store, that goes without saying! ANY HELP, ADVICE, HINTS, COMMENTS WOLD ALL BE APPRECIATED!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:48:42 AM EDT
tag

I'm considering something similar. I'd like some input as well
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:38:29 PM EDT
I emailed you, let me know if you hear anything, and I'll keep you up todate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:22:31 AM EDT
Got it...
I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:25:52 AM EDT
NO, THANKYOU! seriously I am going to start the process after the first of the year, and I will keep you updated through email on what is happening, ThANKS ALAN
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:54:51 PM EDT
I just got my FFL stuff the other day. I will have it all done and when I move into my house I will send it off.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:38:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:42:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sta1treeman:
I just received my ffl application in the mail, the batf sent the forms within five days of initial request, that was suprising, from all I have read about batf, now the questions, I currently have my own corp. it is a sub-s, I own a conv. store, and I am going to build a larger building, with three other stores with it (strip mall), I want to open a gun store in one of the three spaces, it will be down the road a bit, but I think I could go ahead and get ffl, through the existing corp. does anyone have any experience with this? also do you have to have a store front to have a ffl? do you have to actually be a dealer to get ffl? if so can you still use your home as a place of business? right now it wouldn't be practical to have a gun shop in a conv. store, that goes without saying! ANY HELP, ADVICE, HINTS, COMMENTS WOLD ALL BE APPRECIATED!

you do not have to have a storefront to have an FFL

obtaining an FFL is 90% about zoning. check into that before you do anything else.

you must be in the business for profit in order to obtain an FFL
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:43:50 AM EDT
also, you have to have a set-in-stone address. you won't be able to say, "it'll be over there somewhere"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:56:24 AM EDT
Thanks, I'm still working on buying the property next to my current store, the seller's other deal fell through, killing our deal. I was working on the financing, and Holidays, so I still haven't done the paper work. I have researched it, and zoning does seem to be at the top of their list, and as far as business hours, I was told you could put by appointment? Also, my current store would work, you are not reqired to stock items for sell, as long as you document all transactions, if a gun is logged in, it better be there, unless it is logged out, also, need an alarm, and safe, which I currently have.
Top Top