Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 10:35:48 AM EDT
Ok .I may have deleted something I should not have!!!

Running XP with service pack 2

Starts up and I get the blue dell screen.....just loops through this and stops.

Put in my XP [full]....try to boot from CD

It will not let me accept Lisence........by hitting F8....then says cannot read from c:\

Any ideas that will help?...............I was thinking about changing my boot driver to mr CDR drive and maybe it can reinstall XP through that?

I gotta stop tinkering with the fucking thing
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
check the cables to the hard drive
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it started..finally got XP to repair itself.now thinking of doing a reformat to solve some issues.............Gonna try a clean install  and see what that does first..........I may be forced to build a new puter if Murphy is around!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, back up all your important files/docs (this you should do routinely anyway) and get a fresh install of XP on your PC. I never trust the repair option in windows, but that is just my opinion.

^_^_^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top