Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 11:23:05 AM EDT
I was just trying to find out a real good way to detect some of the hackers and cheaters using some of the new and very hard to detect aim bot programs.  I am a part of a medium sized gaming community with about 100 members and growing about a member per day.  We will have a dedicated server set up with 2 gaming servers and a couple scrim and practice servers.  I have suspicions of several but it is one of our SOP not to accuse unless we have proof and proof is becoming harder and harder to get.  

We have some pretty skilled players that although may be on the loosing end of a gun fight more than the other guy but WILL NOT get owned by any player I have ever seen and I have played with some of the best.  Do you guys know any methods of getting some of these smacktards?  

Also, share some of your favorite scrim and practice maps, we need to get some new ones and are looking!  Thanks in advanced!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
No one plays CZ.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No one plays CZ.

And only children play counterstrike.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No one plays CZ.

+1

-d
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Of all the CS iterations CZ is the worst (except, possibly, for  Counter-Strike 2D). CS -- 1.6 or Source -- on random servers is a joke but played with like-minded people, or offline with bots is still a lot of fun. Not as deep as AA or BF but good for a quick fix. Light years better than Tactical Ops (using the Unreal engine).
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No one plays CZ.

Oh really, while we were playing last night we had our 2 32 man server full all night.  I think there were like 30,000 people on as well.  Thanks for nothing bro!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No one plays CZ.

Our crew is over 21 and we are now over 100 members so not sure what this is supposed to mean, or if that is what you actually think or you are being an asshole.  Either way, you are wrong.  Feel free to not post on this topic anymore unless you actually have something to add.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No one plays CZ.

+1

-d

See the responses to JBowles and adair_usmc!  Although I think you put more thought into your post than they both actually could!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Of all the CS iterations CZ is the worst (except, possibly, for  Counter-Strike 2D). CS -- 1.6 or Source -- on random servers is a joke but played with like-minded people, or offline with bots is still a lot of fun. Not as deep as AA or BF but good for a quick fix. Light years better than Tactical Ops (using the Unreal engine).

Yea we are still having a good time.  We regulate our server and keep dirt bags and immature folks off.  We are getting a new dedicated server that will actually host game servers in CS, CS CZ, AA and BF2.  We should be set to go after that.  I have been playing most of these games since their conception and still have a blast.  Thanks for the decent reply, compared to the other 3.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No one plays CZ.

Our crew is over 21 and we are now over 100 members so not sure what this is supposed to mean, or if that is what you actually think or you are being an asshole.  Either way, you are wrong.  Feel free to not post on this topic anymore unless you actually have something to add.  Thanks

I will post about whatever I want, wherever I want.  

CamperStrike is for the scum of the gaming community.    <-----that is a period (no offense intended for yourself, just posting facts).

All the real gamers are playing BF2 these days.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#10]
That is total BS and if I play CZ and you call all that play it scum how am I not to take offence?  When someone post in a forum for help and you and others take time out of your busy fuckhead schedules to come on and talk trash and belittle the person this to me makes you seem like an angry 16yr old punk that can't nor never could play the game and now you talk shit about the ones that do.  Yea you can post about anything you want, free forum but I would truly appreciate it if you would piss off you prick!!

Edited to add about your smacktard reply, facts have supporting documents that make them facts, other wise they are just BULLSHIT OPINIONS!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That is total BS and if I play CZ and you call all that play it scum how am I not to take offence?  When someone post in a forum for help and you and others take time out of your busy fuckhead schedules to come on and talk trash and belittle the person this to me makes you seem like an angry 16yr old punk that can't nor never could play the game and now you talk shit about the ones that do.  Yea you can post about anything you want, free forum but I would truly appreciate it if you would piss off you prick!!

Edited to add about your smacktard reply, facts have supporting documents that make them facts, other wise they are just BULLSHIT OPINIONS!!!

Sentences are your friend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sentences are your friend.

Wow, such wisdom.........
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Look prick, if you are done I am asking a question for help.  If you do not have any to offer please step out.  It is unreal the lengths some will go to be a prick.  You actually do stand out as an immature teenager that thinks he is always right and what ever you use is the best.  If you do not have anything to add, please take this as your sign to fuck off.  I can assure you that when folks actually come to the forums designed for gamers for help to only get this shit the mods will probably not care for it too much.  If all you can do is spew shit please stop.  I started this thread with the hopes of actually getting some admin help, not this.  Please, piss off!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Look prick, if you are done I am asking a question for help.  If you do not have any to offer please step out.  It is unreal the lengths some will go to be a prick.  You actually do stand out as an immature teenager that thinks he is always right and what ever you use is the best.  If you do not have anything to add, please take this as your sign to fuck off.  I can assure you that when folks actually come to the forums designed for gamers for help to only get this shit the mods will probably not care for it too much.  If all you can do is spew shit please stop.  I started this thread with the hopes of actually getting some admin help, not this.  Please, piss off!  

No.

You would have better luck at the STEAMingpileofdonkeyshit forums, or hackerstrike or whatever forums honestly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#16]
So what you are saying is that your opinion, even though it is a biased opinion is the only one out of the entire forum that matters.  You are speaking for everyone because you already know what they want to say right?  Yea, bullshit!  I have heard what you think, I know you have shit to offer and am frankly tired of conversing with you so please STFU.  I am going to continue to keep this post going so if there are any other folks that aren’t pricks such as yourself they can respond.  I think it is pretty good that you take it upon your shoulders to ask a member to leave a forum that you don’t own or moderate and go to another one because you don’t like the game he asked a question about.  Talk about being self centered and self serving, wow, I hope this is not what to expect for the other folks that post on this forum.  

Edited to add:  You sound really bitter for just not liking a game.  What happened, you get caught cheating and steam banned or something?  So sorry........
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, I have never played CS.  BF2 is my current game of choice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sorry, I have never played CS.  BF2 is my current game of choice.

That’s cool we are just getting into BF2 right now.  I really like the game other than it is to hard to kill your enemy sometimes.  We are going to have a pretty big server set up and may start offering dedicated servers for rent and 2 or 3 to play on.  It will be pretty cool to have all these great games on a kick ass dedicated server.  We shall see!!  Thanks for the reply all the same bro!

Hell while I am at it, is hacking and cheating as big a problem with BF2 yet that it is with the CS/CZ series?  What do they have in place for dealing with it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#19]
hey guys we have our bf2 threads  let these guys have their   CSS  thread

state your opinion and leave it at that

we are not children.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Actually turn this into a thread for both. Thanks for the comment though, was never intending this thread turning into a shit slinging contest. I am interested in any help on the BF2 side as well so we can get a leg up on our server being protected. Any help there would be great as well. Thanks in advanced!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#21]
If there is a computer game there is a cheat or a hack for it.  If not.......  there soon will be.

Can your servers use punkbuster?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Yea, we are actually going to use all that we have now and then add every one that we can add without it causing conflict problems.  We are also trying to get a few scripters that can be trusted to come in and help us with custom scripts on some of these issues.  We have come across some very skilled hackers so far.  We are also going to start using the steambans site which if I am not mistaken will be providing their service to just about all of the gaming community under different names so they can be associated with the game they will be servicing with protection.  

The Aim Bots seems to be the ones we are having the most problems with.  Kind of gets under your skin.  Thanks for your replies though, I was not sure after the original post of the few how it was going to turn out.    
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yea, we are actually going to use all that we have now and then add every one that we can add without it causing conflict problems.  We are also trying to get a few scripters that can be trusted to come in and help us with custom scripts on some of these issues.  We have come across some very skilled hackers so far.  We are also going to start using the steambans site which if I am not mistaken will be providing their service to just about all of the gaming community under different names so they can be associated with the game they will be servicing with protection.  

The Aim Bots seems to be the ones we are having the most problems with.  Kind of gets under your skin.  Thanks for your replies though, I was not sure after the original post of the few how it was going to turn out.    

Welcome to ARFcom!!!!!  Thick skin required!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

we are not children.  

+1... although there is someone acting like one... and it isn't the thread starter.

-d
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Actually turn this into a thread for both. Thanks for the comment though, was never intending this thread turning into a shit slinging contest. I am interested in any help on the BF2 side as well so we can get a leg up on our server being protected. Any help there would be great as well. Thanks in advanced!!!

Not much you can do on the BF2 side... any ranked server is locked down by the game server host and EA. You won't have access to all the files for the server.

-d
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we are not children.  

+1... although there is someone acting like one... and it isn't the thread starter.

-d

NOW LOOK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait........nevermind.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey, Thanks for the info guys and ladies if there are any!  I understand chat rooms and such, just this is one of them that we don't have to lay down to BS.  I tend to get a little more responsive in these areas.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not much you can do on the BF2 side... any ranked server is locked down by the game server host and EA. You won't have access to all the files for the server.

-d

We are going to be a game server host for BF2, just looking for the best way to lock it down.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#29]
nano deny.hosts

sshd: All

alt x >  y   and your done
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-d

We are going to be a game server host for BF2, just looking for the best way to lock it down.  

Through The Planet? Like going to sell game servers?

-d
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:35:08 AM EDT
[#31]
That is the plan.  I think we are going to offer that if we can.  I know we are looking at some really cool ideas right now and the company will get the CS/CZ up and running first then we are going to be looking at the BF2 and maybe AA next.  But yea, we are trying to put together a good product that is as secure as it can be.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top