Page / 33
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Maynard:

Originally Posted By DMWalking:
I Finally got my Account back!!!!

Elite has finally started doing competitions for Clans now.  

I enrolled us into 2 of them.

Your clan needs to focus on getting captures in Domination. Remember, the more troops at the flag means a quicker capture time. Stay aggressive moving from flag to flag and use your time wisely.The performance of the top 6 premium members in your clan will count towards the final score. Good luck.

Start Date:
Feb 24, 2012
Time
5:30 PM

End Date:
Feb 24, 2012
Time
8:30 PM

I will be on tonight for this one.  I hope to see all of you on.

Here is the other one that we are enrolled into.

Your clan needs to focus on getting defends in Domination. Don't worry about captures. Once your team has secured a location, it's your job to hold the line and defend. Equip loadouts that favor traps and stealth. The performance of the top 6 premium members in your clan will count towards the final score. Good luck.
Start Date:
Feb 25, 2012
Time
1:00 PM

End Date:
Feb 25, 2012
Time
4:00 PM

So 1730 to 2030 is a clan comp today?

And 1300 to 1700 tomorrow?

That's affirmative sir.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 10:56:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#3]
We need to come up with a strategy for tonight...especially since there will likely only be 3 or 4 of us playing.  (Hopefully more for competition sake)  My idea or plan is to have us run in a group to the first flag, capture it and then move on to the next one.  Don't bother defending it.  Just capture flags in a circular motion.  Capture one and move on.  If we are fast enough, we will always have two captured while the other team is taking one of ours.  If we stick together as a group, it will make it much faster for us to take over an enemy stronghold and much faster to capture the flags as well.  Going lone wolf style wont work that well.

This strategy is based on my experience in Domination.  I don't claim to be the best, but I sure as hell am not the worst.   I am very open for suggestions/ideas.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Do I need to pony up for the paid elite membership to do competition stuff?

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#6]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
Do I need to pony up for the paid elite membership to do competition stuff?

Not to my knowledge but let me do some checking.  I will edit my post later.

EDIT:

Unfortunately it looks as if you are correct.  Only paid members can compete.  This doesn't mean that we wouldn't like your help though.  The more players we have, the better our odds are of actually placing.

Straight from the site.

Clan Operations only count the scores of clan members who are premium Call of Duty: Elite members. Additionally, we collect the top six premium member scores from each clan to create leaderboards for each clan operation. Free members are not displayed on clan operation leaderboards. This operation only counts performance in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

As of right now, we only have 3 members in our clan that paid for Premium Call of Duty: Elite.  
As I previously stated, even if you aren't a premium member, you can still help us.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#8]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
I'm a paid member, so if/when we do some more of these, I'm definitely in.

Really????  Sweet.  Looks like your working this time around though....Bummer.

I believe that they will be doing different competitions every weekend.  We will most likely try to be involved in all of the competitions that they have....reguardless of the time.  There isn't a penalty for not showing up to compete.  I will keep this thread up to date with all of our future clan operations that we are signed up for.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I paid last night.      I'm easily the worst paid member though, so I don't know.     I'm not sure I could be on for 3 hours straight anyway.    What time zone are those times for?
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PistolPutz:
I paid last night.      I'm easily the worst paid member though, so I don't know.     I'm not sure I could be on for 3 hours straight anyway.    What time zone are those times for?

They don't specify.  I was wondering the same thing.  I'm guessing that it's for eastern time.  You don't have to be good to get capture points buddy.  Any points will help.  That's what makes this pretty cool.  You can be the worst player ever and even still you would help the team out if you only got one capture.

I've played with you many times before.  You are much better than what you give yourself credit for....just start away from Search and Destroy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]

They don't specify.  I was wondering the same thing.  I'm guessing that it's for eastern time.  You don't have to be good to get capture points buddy.  Any points will help.  That's what makes this pretty cool.  You can be the worst player ever and even still you would help the team out if you only got one capture.

I've played with you many times before.  You are much better than what you give yourself credit for....just start away from Search and Destroy.

Are you talking about when I whiffed with 20 or so shots from my striker?  That was pretty bad...   I don't use the striker much anymore.   But I shot that guy in Seatown in the ass and won.   I have a couple defuses too but a lot of quite embarrassing moments as well....    You're right, I should probably stay away from S&D.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 3:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#12]
Another Clan Operation that has just been posted.  I signed us up.

Rally your clan and choose the loadouts you know will help you achieve the most kills in Team Deathmatch.The performance of the top 6 premium members in your clan will count towards the final score. Play smart, stay together, and good luck.

Feb 26, 2012
Time
6:00 AM

End Date:
Feb 26, 2012
Time
9:00 AM

From the looks of it...our first clan operation start in 2 hours and 50 min.  That might clear up some time zone questions.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Rally your clan and choose the loadouts you know will help you achieve the most kills in Team Deathmatch.The performance of the top 6 premium members in your clan will count towards the final score. Play smart, stay together, and good luck.

Feb 26, 2012
Time

End Date:
Feb 26, 2012
Time

From the looks of it...our first clan operation start in 2 hours and 50 min.  That might clear up some time zone questions.

Of course, the game mode I'm the best at, and I have to work.    
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 4:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#17]

Feb 26, 2012
Time

End Date:
Feb 26, 2012
Time

Of course, the game mode I'm the best at, and I have to work.    

That's how it usually works.  I'm decently good at dom and really like playing it, but I'm working tonight and tomorrow night.  I *hate* TDM, but I should be in for that.

Also guys....don't feel like your obligated to play....But if you are available at these times, We would all appreciate it if you do.

ALso....Looks like we are down to just 2 hours left until our first Clan Operation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I will be on for a least some of it tonight.  I will have to redo my classes.   I'm not sure what to set them up with.  

Would portable radar still be good to throw it at a flag as we are coming up to it?  Or should I stick with flashes?
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#21]
please add me if any spots are open peligro113
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#22]
snapcraklep0p   the o is a zero

Link Posted: 2/25/2012 10:20:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#23]
Well guys...I'm trying my best to get the results.  The site is overloaded with traffic still.  Our Class level went from Gold (top 10%) to Silver (top 25%) and from what I can tell, there was well over 6,000 clans involved in this last night.  If you ask me, silver is still very impressive.  I will try to find out what our exact placement was later.

rank...gamertag...............captures
1.... ...iskor12....................100
2...... ExcessiveShark..........86
3...... AssWithNoName.........79
4 .....TeeeeeeRex................68
5..... SloppyGiblets..............57
6 .....onehitkill10133..............7

Thanks for all of your help.  We shall be playing again today at 1pm central time....(according to the website)  Feel free to check it for yourself as we did have timing issues last night.  From the looks of it, I wont be able to get on until around 2pm central time...due to work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 10:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#24]
Originally Posted By peligro113:

Originally Posted By snapcraklepop:

I will send you both a friend invite and then a clan invite once you accept it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:19:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PistolPutz] [#25]
Silver isn't bad..... I was playing terrible in the beginning.  I started with the ACR which wasn't working for me at all.  It is just too slow for my skill level in a fast paced game.  Then I tried the PP90, and I stunk it up with that too.  Finally, I switched to the UMP and was able to move around a bit better.

Anyway, it took me awhile to get warmed up.  79 caps is ok I guess.

For the record, I didn't intentionally leave excessiveshark hanging at B flag in village.  I was trying to get my mic working when he called me out.  I thought he was behind me.  I dropped to the ground to look under the truck before you get to the bridge to see if there was anyone waiting for us.  I should have been paying more attention to the radar.  I would have noticed him pushing up if I was.  I was coming around the truck when I heard him shouting, and to be honest, I wasn't sure where he was right then.  I just heard him call for help.... If he said he was at B I missed it.  I would have understood if you booted me.

It was fun playing......   Although, my K/D ratio went from a 0.982 to 0.977.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I upgraded my account this morning to paid elite.  I have some errands to run, but I will try to pop on.

Last night was quite a bit of fun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Silver isn't bad..... I was playing terrible in the beginning.  I started with the ACR which wasn't working for me at all.  It is just too slow for my skill level in a fast paced game.  Then I tried the PP90, and I stunk it up with that too.  Finally, I switched to the UMP and was able to move around a bit better.

Anyway, it took me awhile to get warmed up.  79 caps is ok I guess.

For the record, I didn't intentionally leave excessiveshark hanging at B flag in village.  I was trying to get my mic working when he called me out.  I thought he was behind me.  I dropped to the ground to look under the truck before you get to the bridge to see if there was anyone waiting for us.  I should have been paying more attention to the radar.  I would have noticed him pushing up if I was.  I was coming around the truck when I heard him shouting, and to be honest, I wasn't sure where he was right then.  I just heard him call for help.... If he said he was at B I missed it.  I would have understood if you booted me.

It was fun playing......   Although, my K/D ratio went from a 0.982 to 0.977.....

Don't worry about it.  He was in the moment.  We wouldn't boot you.  LOL

FYI: My boss is letting me go early today.  I will be on in time for the next competition.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#29]
How did it count me as having caps when I wasn't playing with y'all?

I was wondering that too.  Last night the totals were lower.  Maybe your name might have been mixed with USMC BuckWild.  He was playing with us for a bit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#30]

As long as you are playing the right game mode....That's all that matters.  You don't have to be playing with the clan.  It's your individual stats that help towards our overall goal.  However if there are 10 people playing....it will only take our best 6 scores.

So the clans that are out there that have 30 people...they can split up into groups and all play at once.  Top 6 players are accounted for our overall score.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:38:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#31]

I was wondering that too.  Last night the totals were lower.  Maybe your name might have been mixed with USMC BuckWild.  He was playing with us for a bit.

The totals where lower last night.  They must have updated it.  

FYI: Our clan title and Emblem is now available.

The Emblem was custom made by yours truly.  It's not the best, but it's the best that I can do from work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not sure I will make it today.  My surveillance is scheduled until noon, and then I have some loose ends to clean.  My boss might leave me out here all day depending on what happens.

Also, the more I think about it, the more 3200 caps seems bogus to me.   Not only does it take a little time to cap a flag, but the other team has to take it before they can cap it again....... Let alone, all the bullets and frags flying around.  I would love to see the playback of those guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#34]

The totals where lower last night.  They must have updated it.  

FYI: Our clan title and Emblem is now available.

The Emblem was custom made by yours truly.  It's not the best, but it's the best that I can do from work.
https://bh-elite-ugc.s3.amazonaws.com/emblem/dev/XBox/171040.png?1779074869280005586

Looks good to me..... Best I could do would be some squiggly lines in MS paint.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm not sure I will make it today.  My surveillance is scheduled until noon, and then I have some loose ends to clean.  My boss might leave me out here all day depending on what happens.

Also, the more I think about it, the more 3200 caps seems bogus to me.   Not only does it take a little time to cap a flag, but the other team has to take it before they can cap it again....... Let alone, all the bullets and frags flying around.  I would love to see the playback of those guys.

From what I have read....that team only had one premium member.  That would mean that he got over 17 capture a minute.  Everyone is bitching about it on the elite website.  The whole clan will likely get banned.  

Shoot....for me with 100 captures...that equals 1 capture every 1 minute and 48 seconds in the 3 hours played and that's not including the down time between each match.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By snapcraklepop:

invite sent
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#37]

I sent you a friend request, but it doesn't look like you have Elite....
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Sorry about droppin out boys, we lost power due to the storms.

I had alot of fun, even though I didn't do so well. Hope you scored high enough to win something!

Buck
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By USMCBuckWild:

Sorry about droppin out boys, we lost power due to the storms.

I had alot of fun, even though I didn't do so well. Hope you scored high enough to win something!

Buck

We got silver...(Top 25%)  We won 500 clan XP.

Next match starts in 30 min.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be popping on soon to play.  I doubt I'll be able to stay on for the whole thing though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#41]
We were on Gold tier when I left, and ended silver.  What'd you guys do?
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Haha....   Well, I played like a chump for one.    

Did you just check it or something?   I think we were back up to gold during our last game.   Very good chance we dropped back down after they updated everything.  I think we were pretty close to the gold cut line for most of it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 7:30:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushylover] [#43]
As long as it's not full of butthurt teenagers (not a slight against you guys; it's just what I normally run into), I'll join up.  I don't get an awful lot of time to play any more, what with work and all, but it'd be nice to have teammates that communicate, and are actually interested in winning.

Link Posted: 2/25/2012 10:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistolPutz] [#44]
Originally Posted By Bushylover:
As long as it's not full of butthurt teenagers (not a slight against you guys; it's just what I normally run into), I'll join up.  I don't get an awful lot of time to play any more, what with work and all, but it'd be nice to have teammates that communicate, and are actually interested in winning.  

I'm in my 30's, and I would say I'm only about a third full of butthurt......   Not completely full    Everyone communicates fairly well (sometimes some of them a little too much..   )  It's a pretty good group to play with.    We definitely try to win, however some players, I drag us down sometimes.  

I find it hard to believe, but I actually got an Omnicide today in village during the tournament.   I didn't even know what that was until I looked it up.    For those that don't know, it's when you kill the entire opposing team within 10 seconds.   I got a multi-kill with my stealth, and then I got a couple more right after the laptop closed on the backside of A-Dom completing the team kill.  

I don't think I've ever been close to one of those before.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#46]

I thought anyone could play... Oh well thanks anyways.  Maybe I'll upgrade when I get back from overseas, I'm leaving soon so it's not worth it to upgrade right now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#47]

I thought anyone could play... Oh well thanks anyways.  Maybe I'll upgrade when I get back from overseas, I'm leaving soon so it's not worth it to upgrade right now.

You can play with them, but they can't make you part of the clan if you're not on Elite.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#48]

We played our best, but it wasn't good enough
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Anyone can....But it's not showing that you have signed up for the free membership.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 1:00:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PistolPutz] [#50]
Can someone tell me where to go for the stats of the tournament rounds?  I tried to find it on the elite website, but all I saw was the calendar.  I'm sure it's probably right in front of me.

ETA:   Never mind, I found it.   I wish I hadn't now.....   18 defends.   I was about an hour late, but damn, that sucks.    I thought I had more than that.  Half of them I got in one stupid game.  

I like the tournaments though.  I think they are a fun way to change things up.   I know some of the clan doesn't seem to like them, but I think they are pretty cool.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top