User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
I gotta work tonight, but I'll probably be on for a game or two after 10PMish if anyone is still up.

I had a ton of fun playing with y'all last night.

I probably wont be on that late....Got's work in the morning...sounds like I missed out on some fun last night though....Damn Internet
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Ugh, so mad at myself on that S&D, last round, made it to the bomb and...fail.

I made up a class for search with dead silence for next time.

Dom is still my main game, but I had a good-for-me TDM in Arkaden.  Team Defender was a lot of fun too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Wait a second...Arkaden...Wasn't I in that match?  and another guy Named SidSlayers?  SidSlayers is my Boss....No joke.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DMWalking:
Ugh, so mad at myself on that S&D, last round, made it to the bomb and...fail.

I made up a class for search with dead silence for next time.

Dom is still my main game, but I had a good-for-me TDM in Arkaden.  Team Defender was a lot of fun too.

Wait a second...Arkaden...Wasn't I in that match?  and another guy Named SidSlayers?  SidSlayers is my Boss....No joke.

Yeah, we were doing work for a while at A dom, turning the entrance into the main area into a choke point full of lots of dead people.

I played a couple games with Sid after everyone else broke camp, he's a good dude, but I think we both ran into matches with guys cheesing it out with Strikers.

Yeah, he's a pretty good guy.  He was slacking last night due to him playing BF3 for the past 3 weeks though....
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#6]
A little update.

My Internet is still screwed up.  I wont be on until Saturday or Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:02:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#7]
Ok...My internet is now back up and running so I should be back on tonight.  

Those of you who don't have the new maps...I honestly think that you should consider getting the paid version of elite.  They are actually pretty good.  If you don't get it...that's ok, but all I can say is if they keep releasing good maps like the ones that they did last week, then I can honestly say that I think that it's worth it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been on the past couple of nights.  Hooked up with a couple of you.  Had some good games and some bad....Even had some pretty bad lag.

Hopefully the lag and the bad games will be behind us.

Still accepting more members.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I suck at hardcore.... dang nabbit.    I have found that I rely heavily on the mini map....  Probably too much.  

The Domination games were more fun though... Especially Resistance.   I killed one guy around C, and then moved to try and take A.   I got one guy at the bottom, and then two more around the flag.   Capping the flag gave me a predator.   They killed me a little after that.   I immediately launched the missile and the two guys were still sitting on the flag.  I got both of them with it.   I love it when a plan comes together.....  because usually it doesn't..  

At least they were playing the objective at that point.   It was sort of an easy win because it seemed they were sniping a lot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 11:24:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#12]
The last game that I played last night was by far the best one of the night.  It was a good one to end on.

Prestige again last night.  I'm now a level 3.  All without any extra help from Mountain Dew double XP.  I'm not sure why I did it.  I swore that I wouldn't, but the simple truth is, I already unlocked all of the guns that I use with my prestige tokens....so I guess it's simply not a big deal to start over since I get all of my stuff back within a game or two....AKA level 4.  

I guess that I will set a goal now to eventually reach the 10th prestige....legitimately.  I'm not in a rush to get there though.

Just curious...I really don't care how good or bad you all are, but what are your specs?

My Specs:
K/d: 1.15
Accuracy: 20.75%
Win Ratio: 1.13  I think....Used to be much higher....I had a bad streak of losses that ruined this one.  It's on it's way back up though.

Keep this in mind.  We typically don't play games where K/D is that important.  Of course in Team Defender it helps, but as long as your good at defending the flag, it really doesn't matter much.  Otherwise, in Domination, K/D serves no importance, but it does kind of show what kind of player that you are.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistolPutz] [#14]
Accuracy:  14.24%
K/D:  0.853
Win%:  Roughly 44%

I can't aim worth a crap.  I would be a lot better if I could get on target faster.  I do a lot of waving before I am ready to shoot....  Pretty frustrating.  

My K/D ratio is climbing really fast.   I mostly play TDM, and I think that has a lot to do with it.   It was about 0.3 when I started playing.   I also end up on a lot of bad teams which is why my wins are low.  If I am near the top of the scores a lot of other players had a bad game.....  .

I just found out one reason why my win % is so low.  I had no idea it counted as a loss if you backed out of a game.   A lot of times when I get dropped into a game that is almost over I just back out of it.   Or if I got dropped in a game where the opposing team was having an air party, and my team was already getting wrecked.  

I was watching a video about the new COD, and they were discussing about tweaking this.   There is so much stuff I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah...I should be on tonight.  

For those of you who I haven't invited yet, there seems to be an issue with my account.  It simply isn't letting me log in.  I will try again tonight.  I do apologize.

Just ordered me a Turtle Beach X41.  Found a great deal for some factory refurbished ones.
Link to the good deal on X41's
Newegg wants $104.99 for them with free 3 day shipping.
At my Local best buy they cost $170.92 with tax.
I figured that I would get a pair since it is a great price.

These headphones mimic a 7.1 Dolby digital surround sound system.  I have used them before and they didn't disappoint me.

I just saw the price on these just dropped to about 95 bucks.   Still can't decide if I want these or settle for the X12's.  I think I need the wireless though because I sit pretty far back from my TV.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 11:41:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#17]
Originally Posted By PistolPutz:

For those of you who I haven't invited yet, there seems to be an issue with my account.  It simply isn't letting me log in.  I will try again tonight.  I do apologize.

Just ordered me a Turtle Beach X41.  Found a great deal for some factory refurbished ones.

These headphones mimic a 7.1 Dolby digital surround sound system.  I have used them before and they didn't disappoint me.

I just saw the price on these just dropped to about 95 bucks.   Still can't decide if I want these or settle for the X12's.  I think I need the wireless though because I sit pretty far back from my TV.

Here is the biggest difference....X41's are surround sound!!!....Seriously, I can't believe how well that they are channeled.  I don't regret buying them at all.

Only difference with this refurb set is that you can tell that they are refurbs.  However they work great and believe it or not, they actually sound better than the new ones that I tried at the store.

Also, be warned....if your Xbox is on Wifi, these wireless headsets tend to mess with the connection if you are far away from your router.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I am never going to play ground war again.....End of Story
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 1:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Quintin] [#20]
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Maynard:

Your 3-4 kills per game will be sorely missed.

I didn't rack many kills up in GW either but we were winning.

The winning part I was happy about, but I still can't figure out why I was doing to poorly.  4 kills and 33 deaths isn't going to cut it for me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I downloaded the new maps last night and got to play one game on Liberation before going to work.

Aside from a few fucked up spawns, I think it's a fun map.

I'm off tomorrow so I'll be on later tonight and probably a good part of Sunday playing the new maps.

I will be on tonight....see you then
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Your 3-4 kills per game will be sorely missed.

I didn't rack many kills up in GW either but we were winning.

The winning part I was happy about, but I still can't figure out why I was doing to poorly. 4 kills and 33 deaths isn't going to cut it for me.

You must be my twin brother!! My last few weeks of playin have been heavily affected by pain killers. En route to NH now and there is no internet up at the house, no MW3 for 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Here is the biggest difference....X41's are surround sound!!!....Seriously, I can't believe how well that they are channeled.  I don't regret buying them at all.

Only difference with this refurb set is that you can tell that they are refurbs.  However they work great and believe it or not, they actually sound better than the new ones that I tried at the store.

Also, be warned....if your Xbox is on Wifi, these wireless headsets tend to mess with the connection if you are far away from your router.

Well, that makes me a bit nervous.   My Xbox is in the same room as the router though.   Maybe 12 feet away.   Think it will be ok?
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Do you have to have Elite membership to play with you guys, if not sign me up. I just started playing a few weeks ago, after knee surgery last week I have lot's of free time.

Run N Gun 556

I just purchased the turtle beach X31 wireless head sets and like them a lot. Walmart had them on-line for $55 reconditioned, they look brand new work great.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#27]
thybolts if there's anymore room.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Well, that makes me a bit nervous.   My Xbox is in the same room as the router though.   Maybe 12 feet away.   Think it will be ok?

Most likely, but there is only one way to find out for sure.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Plenty of room guys....I will add you tonight...hopefully
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks, I have a pair coming.   I will see how it goes..........
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Have you seen these?

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/getDynamicImage.aspx?path=FPSFREEK%2Dclassic%5Finsert%2Ejpg&w=385&h=385

I have heard about them in some youtube videos, but I have never seen/tried them.  Have you?    Maybe they would improve my aim.  That is by far the weakest part of my game....  Getting on target quickly.  

The price isn't too bad so I might give them a try.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#35]

Have you seen these?

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/getDynamicImage.aspx?path=FPSFREEK%2Dclassic%5Finsert%2Ejpg&w=385&h=385

I've seen them, but I haven't used them.  To be honest, I can't see it improving my skill/aim much.  The thing that effects my accuracy the most is by adjusting the sensitivity...in the options area on the game.  To fast and I can't aim worth a damn....To slow and I get mowed down because it slows down your movement.  The key is to adjust it until you find your happy medium.  To each their own though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#36]
FYI:  My XBL account has been hacked.  It might take awhile for me to get my access back.  Hopefully I will be back on with in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#38]

Have you seen these?

I've seen them, but I haven't used them.  To be honest, I can't see it improving my skill/aim much.  The thing that effects my accuracy the most is by adjusting the sensitivity...in the options area on the game.  To fast and I can't aim worth a damn....To slow and I get mowed down because it slows down your movement.  The key is to adjust it until you find your happy medium.  To each their own though.

Don't knock them until you've tried them.

It allows for a greater degree of control and using a higher setting on the sensitivity.

I run 7 all the time now and know that they've helped me improve my aim considerably.

Hmm....do they raise the joysticks up higher?

Interesting...I just did some more reading on them and it is tempting to try them out...since they are only $10
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maynard] [#39]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Have you seen these?

Don't knock them until you've tried them.

It allows for a greater degree of control and using a higher setting on the sensitivity.

I run 7 all the time now and know that they've helped me improve my aim considerably.

Hmm....do they raise the joysticks up higher?

Interesting...I just did some more reading on them and it is tempting to try them out...since they are only $10

The FPS model does raise the joystick or it extends the thumb pad.

Most of the old ARFCom crew of days gone by swore by them.

I highly recommend them.

You talked me into it. With these and the new headset, I'm sure I'll be a killing machine......................................................   That still dies a lot..
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm still locked out of my Xbox.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Are they saying you have to pay the charges?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 10:26:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#44]

Are they saying you have to pay the charges?

Not yet.  They are still investigating what happened.  I wish that would just let me create a temporary account for free.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm still blocked from Xbox Live.  This is getting old quick.

I created a temporary account.
MemorialGNU9

Hit me up if you want to play.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Guys, I'm out of xbox live. School is getting more intense with these upper level classes and I just don't have the time. If you need to kick me off to add room for someone else, I won't be offended. Sorry guys!
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I got the red ring of death.  I have to get a new xbox. uggh.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Bummer dude.  RROD....
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm picking up a new xbox this weekend.  It will be my 5th, but only the second one I've had to pay for the first 3 replacements were covered under warranty.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 8:47:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMWalking] [#50]
I Finally got my Account back!!!!

Elite has finally started doing competitions for Clans now.  

I enrolled us into 2 of them.

Your clan needs to focus on getting captures in Domination. Remember, the more troops at the flag means a quicker capture time. Stay aggressive moving from flag to flag and use your time wisely.The performance of the top 6 premium members in your clan will count towards the final score. Good luck.

Start Date:
Feb 24, 2012
Time
5:30 PM

End Date:
Feb 24, 2012
Time
8:30 PM

I will be on tonight for this one.  I hope to see all of you on.

Here is the other one that we are enrolled into.

Your clan needs to focus on getting defends in Domination. Don't worry about captures. Once your team has secured a location, it's your job to hold the line and defend. Equip loadouts that favor traps and stealth. The performance of the top 6 premium members in your clan will count towards the final score. Good luck.
Start Date:
Feb 25, 2012
Time
1:00 PM

End Date:
Feb 25, 2012
Time
4:00 PM
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top