Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#1]
23DEC2023 workout was pretty simple.

Knocked out a mile on the running track in 8:45 and 100 tricep pressdowns on one of the machines.

65lbs completed with sets of 20-15-15-20-15-15.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm doing SOME knuckle pushups now. I WILL make it to 70k.

Thinking about restarting the challenge for 2024?  Should probably get it reposted...  

Maybe a pushup / pull-up challenge.  (This lanky-armed pilgrim would just do bar hangs or controlled lowering.)
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mugzilla:
I'm doing SOME knuckle pushups now. I WILL make it to 70k.

Thinking about restarting the challenge for 2024?  Should probably get it reposted...  

Maybe a pushup / pull-up challenge.  (This lanky-armed pilgrim would just do bar hangs or controlled lowering.)
View Quote

2024 is going to be a 50k pushup challenge for me.

Averaging 1000/wk, while also doing strength training.

I'm going to link the GD thread as well starting 01JAN2024.

As far as pullups go, I'll still incorporate those into my workouts, plus running to test my endurance and how well my knees react
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a bad workout tonight.

Hit the running track early on and walked 4 laps for a half mile, ran 8 for a mile, walked 3, then sprinted the last lap for a total of 2 miles walked/run.

Brought out the chain belt as well and did 5 sets of 10 of dips with a 25lb plate, and 5x5 on pullups with the same plate.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Finding out tonight that my knees hurt every time I make a stride on the running track.

Got new shoes today well.

Guess I'll give running a break for a couple weeks.

I did manage to get some good rowing in tonight as well.  5 sets of 10 with 60lbs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Perhaps the last bump of the 2023 thread:

I started late, but did my best. I went from being able to do 30 pushups if I was well-rested, to 50 per sitting. Yeah, I was putting an hour gap between sets, but I was doing good form!

70,005 as of 12/31/2023!!!!  My triceps are noticeable!  I've been doing bar hangs, and slow-lowers for a few weeks.  

MRI on 1/2 at 8 AM. figure out if there is something wrong with a ligament in my left wrist/forearm.  I did the last bunch of pushups on my knuckles.

THANK YOU, M4GER, for making this thread!
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top