Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BadBobTheAlbino:
How are those fat pads? I’ve never used one.
View Quote

I don’t have it bolted to a bench yet, later this week it should be bolted on. But I did lay it on top of my Titan bench a few times and it feels like benching off carpeted concrete, very little give but not painful. I’m hoping the 14” width works better for my shoulders than anything I’ve tried yet. At least I won’t have things squeaking and moving underneath me when pressing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a mini deadlift jack as a gift from my GF's parents. It's a cheapo one from Amazon (I gave them the link to the one I was looking at), but it does what it's supposed to do.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#3]
Originally Posted By Tangotag:

It’s up to the forum mod, for what get tacked and untacked.  
This thread will never last a pinning with the current year in the title, it is sure to make it into the archives.

View Quote

presto chango rearrango
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#4]

Upgraded to the sandwich j-cups. The short collars of the 20kg Ohio power bar made my walkout and racking sort of difficult while squatting with the 3” wide standard monster lite j-cups; if I wasn’t precise I risked dinging my plates against the uprights. Annoying at best, dangerous at worst.

However, might just keep the old j cups for the bench position, the sandwiches are way big and interfere with my safety strap setup. I can either have the sandwich j-cups too high or the straps too low….

Might have been nice of rogue to design the sandwich j-cups to be a little shorter so the could work with the holes above the west side spacing and place the bar in the same spot as the standard j cups using the first of the 2” holes on the uprights. Not an engineer, so not sure if that’s feasible while still allowing the sandwich cups to support as much weight.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Some really nice setups in this thread. Here's mine

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Upgraded to a solid bench, home made welded base.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:16:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#7]
Looks like you have a pioneer belt with their 1/2” staggered hole adjustments.

For those of you looking for a new belt, pioneer has a little bit of a 4th of July sale going on right now until the 5th.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Got a new coffee table for the gym...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice. Rogues got the west side scout hyper on sale, would love to get one if I had more room
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:
Got a new coffee table for the gym...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473548/20210710_083436_jpg-2008504.JPG
View Quote

I got the heavier version of this. It's a huge space hog for something with such limited versatility. But it fixed my back, and upped my squat. So I can't bring myself to sell it.

This and some way to do inversion therapy (I use inversion boots on rack), are great for people who sit too much daily.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah it's a space hog.  I had room for one more piece of equipment and $400 burning a hole in my pocket.  A couple cross members would make it a great place to store gym accessories or plates.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump, not letting this fall to the archive
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ll help with the bump.
I’ve been telling the wife I want to pick up a couple horse stall mats for my flooring so I can get rid of a few old rugs I’ve been using. While she was at the Farm Store she picked me up 2. She didn’t realize I needed 4 for the space I’ve got setup currently (technically could use 6 but 4 will fit it “perfect”). I will need to make another trip to get a couple more. I do love how she is supportive of my hobbies. Though, this one probably is the “better” of the hobbies I have! LoL

They aren’t fully cleaned up yet. I just did a quick once over with a swifter wet pad thing.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jokermann77:
I’ll help with the bump.
I’ve been telling the wife I want to pick up a couple horse stall mats for my flooring so I can get rid of a few old rugs I’ve been using. While she was at the Farm Store she picked me up 2. She didn’t realize I needed 4 for the space I’ve got setup currently (technically could use 6 but 4 will fit it “perfect”). I will need to make another trip to get a couple more. I do love how she is supportive of my hobbies. Though, this one probably is the “better” of the hobbies I have! LoL

They aren’t fully cleaned up yet. I just did a quick once over with a swifter wet pad thing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78149/B6D0260F-84F0-455D-9C7E-C4B79E18B887_jpe-2029541.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78149/47CA6927-9423-4DEB-83F4-0FC932130757_jpe-2029543.JPG
View Quote

What's that cable machine you got there?
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 12:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jokermann77] [#15]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I’ll help with the bump.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78149/B6D0260F-84F0-455D-9C7E-C4B79E18B887_jpe-2029541.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78149/47CA6927-9423-4DEB-83F4-0FC932130757_jpe-2029543.JPG

@BadBobTheAlbino

It’s a Valor Fitness BD-62 Wall-mounted-Cable Station. I snagged it off of FB Market place for like $250. Plate loaded, max weight of 200lbs. I obviously won’t be doing heavy pull downs (modified form) but it gets the job done for pretty much everything else I use it for. One day Id like to
Upgrade to a bigger cable system or functional trainer and stand alone lat machine. However, despite its limitations I’ve really been happy with it.

If you go back a couple pages, I have an older picture that has a full picture of it, as well as a few other discussions about it.

https://valorfitness.com/products/valor-fitness-bd-62-wall-mount-cable-station
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#16]

@BadBobTheAlbino

It’s a Valor Fitness BD-62 Wall-mounted-Cable Station. I snagged it off of FB Market place for like $250. Plate loaded, max weight of 200lbs. I obviously won’t be doing heavy pull downs (modified form) but it gets the job done for pretty much everything else I use it for. One day Id like to
Upgrade to a bigger cable system or functional trainer and stand alone lat machine. However, despite its limitations I’ve really been happy with it.

If you go back a couple pages, I have an older picture that has a full picture of it, as well as a few other discussions about it.

View Quote

That’s a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#17]

That’s a hell of a deal.
View All Quotes

@BadBobTheAlbino

That’s a hell of a deal.

I thought so too, also came with a rope attachment and the Olympic plate adapters. The guy paid around $400 something when it was all said and done. He moved and had more space, so he upgraded to a larger functional trainer and just didn’t need it anymore and it was taking up space. I was glad to take it off his hands! Was tired of using bands as a “cable substitute”.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like that must've been what Titan fitness knocked off. But they also offer a taller version.

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/upper-body/wall-mounted-pulley-tower-%E2%80%93-short-%E2%80%93-v3/400811.html
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bigx5murf:
Looks like that must've been what Titan fitness knocked off. But they also offer a taller version.

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/upper-body/wall-mounted-pulley-tower-%E2%80%93-short-%E2%80%93-v3/400811.html
View Quote

Yeah, but not by much, it’s literally only taller by a couple inches. They used to have side rails just like this one but they changed the design to ride only one back single “rail” My buddy has the new Titan design and he said he likes it! I’m contemplating building a half foot platform to put it on for a little extra hight. That is one of the downfall to a commercial grade one.

Side note, I am really digging my MAG attachments I picked up a couple weeks ago! I feel it more with the Medium Pronated version. But I like both! Maybe I’ll like the wide grip better on an actual lat machine.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:53:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#20]
What's the best prices on iron plates these days? I see Rep Fitness apparently went to free shipping sometime between when I got my bench from them a couple months ago, and when I looked at their site today. I'm looking at their "old school iron plates".
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
What's the best prices on iron plates these days? I see Rep Fitness apparently went to free shipping sometime between when I got my bench from them a couple months ago, and when I looked at their site today. I'm looking at their "old school iron plates".
View Quote

https://www.buyandsellfitness.com/collections/olympic-plates-for-sale

https://dumbbellbuddy.com/troy-vtx-rubber-olympic-grip-plates.aspx

I've purchase my plates from both the above. Very satisfied with both.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

rep went up on prices about 10% to 20% ish to cover the "free shipping"    I compared the rack, bench, and other stuff I ordered before the changed to what it would be now and it is about the same...
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]

https://www.buyandsellfitness.com/collections/olympic-plates-for-sale

https://dumbbellbuddy.com/troy-vtx-rubber-olympic-grip-plates.aspx

I've purchase my plates from both the above. Very satisfied with both.
View Quote

Sweet, thanks!

Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

rep went up on prices about 10% to 20% ish to cover the "free shipping"    I compared the rack, bench, and other stuff I ordered before the changed to what it would be now and it is about the same...
View Quote

Ah. That sucks, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I looked at the FB-4000 Comp Lite bench I got from them a couple months ago, and the price looked similar enough that I didn't catch a price increase. I don't remember exactly what the price was when I bought mine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigx5murf] [#25]

Sweet, thanks!

View Quote

Be aware, dumbbell buddy is a drop shipper, and delivery takes 6-8 weeks.

buy and sell fitness is a used equipment reseller. When I bought eight 10lb cast irons from them (wrist roller and tibia dorsi machine use), I got 3 different designs of cast iron plates. My first purchase from them was a pair of US made urethane 25lb grip plates, for $1.50/lb, I regret not buying more before they sold out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#26]

buy and sell fitness is a used equipment reseller. When I bought either 10lb cast irons from them (wrist roller and tibia dorsi machine use), I got 3 different designs of cast iron plates. My first purchase from them was a pair of US made urethane 25lb grip plates, for $1.50/lb, I regret not buying more before they sold out.
View All Quotes

Sweet, thanks!

buy and sell fitness is a used equipment reseller. When I bought either 10lb cast irons from them (wrist roller and tibia dorsi machine use), I got 3 different designs of cast iron plates. My first purchase from them was a pair of US made urethane 25lb grip plates, for $1.50/lb, I regret not buying more before they sold out.

Thanks for the heads up. Assuming at least pairs are the same, I don't mind. Just wouldn't want a pair that were different sizes, making for a lopsided lifts from the ground.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:35:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigx5murf] [#27]

Thanks for the heads up. Assuming at least pairs are the same, I don't mind. Just wouldn't want a pair that were different sizes, making for a lopsided lifts from the ground.
View Quote

Of the eight cast iron 10 lbs plates I bought. Six were the flat variety, branded "standard", one pair of them was black, others were grey, and the last pair was deep dish design. All had same diameter though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Of the eight cast iron 10 lbs plates I bought. Six were the flat variety, branded "standard", one pair of them was black, others were grey, and the last pair was deep dish design. All had sale diameter though.
View All Quotes

Of the eight cast iron 10 lbs plates I bought. Six were the flat variety, branded "standard", one pair of them was black, others were grey, and the last pair was deep dish design. All had sale diameter though.

Good to know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I just bought the BD-61 from valor which is the crossover variation on their BD-62 everyone here is talking about.  I haven't assembled it yet but based on the weight of the boxes it's fairly solid.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Speaking of crossovers/functional trainers. I bought the costco Inspire FTX back in May. Far as retail pieces go, this thing's probably the fitness deal of the decade for $1300-1400 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LTCetme:
I just bought the BD-61 from valor which is the crossover variation on their BD-62 everyone here is talking about.  I haven't assembled it yet but based on the weight of the boxes it's fairly solid.
View Quote

Nice! Looking forward to seeing picture!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Speaking of crossovers/functional trainers. I bought the costco Inspire FTX back in May. Far as retail pieces go, this thing's probably the fitness deal of the decade for $1300-1400 shipped.
View Quote

Nice!!! I’ve heard good things about that purchase from Costco from some other people! If I had enough space for one I would have picked one up!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

It's partially in the left hand corner of the pic I posted above.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#34]

The treadmill is in the house because the wife runs while she's working and the barn is 100yd away.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By hellishhorses:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50898956753_cc36e28d27_k.jpg

The treadmill is in the house because the wife runs while she's working and the barn is 100yd away.
View Quote

Flat bench doubling as dumbbell storage? Never seen that done before. Also, why the bowflex?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

It would be nice to have a little stack cable machine like they.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I’m happy to say it’s gotten plenty of use since Page 1.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#38]

It would be nice to have a little stack cable machine like they.
View Quote

I got it for my wife, as she doesn't like using free weights. But I find myself using it almost every workout as well, it's great for accessory lifts, and isolated training.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#39]
Originally Posted By FlockaCGulz:
I’m happy to say it’s gotten plenty of use since Page 1.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450356/1FD66701-7CBE-492D-9B9C-F35077C05975-2033955.jpg
View Quote

I gotta ask; What's with the plate holders on the top cross beam?

Edit: Awesome setup, though. I really want to build a platform like that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:56:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlockaCGulz] [#40]

View Quote

Lol, thanks. The answer to your question is I wish I would’ve gotten the 6-leg 690. As it is, I keep the 10 and 15 plates there to keep them outta the way. Any other location gets in the way of something else like the dip bar, GHD attachment, landmine, or a lift. They are quick release pins and I move them around frequently. My wife hates them up there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Lol, thanks. The answer to your question is I wish I would’ve gotten the 6-leg 690. As it is, I keep the 10 and 15 plates there to keep them outta the way. Any other location gets in the way of something else like the dip bar, GHD attachment, landmine, or a lift. They are quick release pins and I move them around frequently. My wife hates them up there.
View All Quotes

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DocBach:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91850/782F89C4-1664-4A4E-8C55-8C9AEB8423FB-1988984.jpg

Upgraded to the sandwich j-cups. The short collars of the 20kg Ohio power bar made my walkout and racking sort of difficult while squatting with the 3” wide standard monster lite j-cups; if I wasn’t precise I risked dinging my plates against the uprights. Annoying at best, dangerous at worst.

However, might just keep the old j cups for the bench position, the sandwiches are way big and interfere with my safety strap setup. I can either have the sandwich j-cups too high or the straps too low….

Might have been nice of rogue to design the sandwich j-cups to be a little shorter so the could work with the holes above the west side spacing and place the bar in the same spot as the standard j cups using the first of the 2” holes on the uprights. Not an engineer, so not sure if that’s feasible while still allowing the sandwich cups to support as much weight.
View Quote

I've been using the sandwich and the standard j-cups since neither one is perfect for everything. I did fix one of my complaints with the standard j-cup, though. I used superglue to attach kydex tabs on the bare steel at the ramp so it won't grind up the bar's knurling. Mark Rippetoe would roll his eyes at me, but my garage my rules.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#43]
After using the sandwich cups for a little while I’ve grown to like them. Big improvement for using the 20kg power bar with the monster lite rack.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:12:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tangotag] [#45]
What cable rig attachments are the most useful for you? I'm looking to replace my individual hand loops and add some more.
Attachment Attached File

Also I should make a 2:1 adapter bar for my cable rig.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#46]
What cable rig attachments are the most useful for you? I'm looking to replace my individual hand loops and add some more.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98037/IMG_7954_JPG-2036727.JPG
View Quote

IDK about most useful, but here's my most expensive single cable attachment

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#47]

https://i.imgur.com/CDKimRS.jpg
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98037/IMG_7954_JPG-2036727.JPG

https://i.imgur.com/CDKimRS.jpg

Wtf is it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#48]
It’s for neck rotations
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By LTCetme:

Wtf is it?
View Quote

Neck training device, it's to train the neck muscles using isometric and rotations, without putting stress on the spine. The titan strap was a modification I did to give it enough slack to attach and detach it to my functional trainer without taking it off. It's actually meant to be used with some bands it comes with. But I don't like the resistance curve of bands.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#50]
My cable attachments collection is growing.

Just scored a full set of Mag grips for $200
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top