Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2003 7:49:03 PM EDT
I just had an idea to help motivation and progress. I think we should have a thread that everyone can post what they did to improve their fitness level each day and what kind of progress has been made over all. Weather its running 5 miles or doing 100 push ups. Whatever you did.

It could serve as motivation on days you don't feel like doing anything, reading about what others have done and what kind of goals they have reached.

Do you guys think this is a good idea or just another useless thread?? [stick]
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool idea.  i'm trying to update my running thread on occasion.  Makes me want to go run more often that not, since I don't want to have to post i've been a lazy ass for two weeks, etc.

BTW, today I played softball, 2/3 with a homer...got home before the cut off guy got the throw, too..and they were a good team.  [:D]  That's what makes the practice tee time feel so much better.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Took a PT test at 0500 this morning. yawn...[:(]

This afternoon I'm doing a chest workout in the gym. [:D]

Link Posted: 4/23/2003 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I could contribute here, but lately I've just been loosing weight and getting weaker.  As soon as my shoulder heals, I'll try to post something constructive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I think its a great idea since I just started to workout again. Im starting off slow with a short run (1 mile or so) then Im doing light weights every other day. Just got back from the park where I ran about 3/4 of a mile (Im sore as a Bitch)just finished a protein shake and Im gonna finish off the night with a cup of green tea. Good luck to everyone fighting the war against aging!
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I did a full upper body routine today.  Nothing like a good 1 hour session of resistance training to get the day started.  Weather is getting nicer, so hopefully I can start up my daily 12-18 miles bike rides again this spring/summer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Camel here is your goal.We will get together at Bulletfest(again) and discuss our workout progress.[:)]

Of course i expect to see some others there!

sr15 et al..................make your plans![;)]
View Quote

That sounds good. I can't wait for Bulletfest this year.

I posted more of my own situation in LT's Atkins thread. I've just gotten back into worrying about my physical wellness after a year and half of doing nothing at all. Even though i'm still young, I suffered from the inactivity. The good thing is I should be able to get back what I have lost easier than the old schools here,[slap] errrr...the more experianced here.

Now im going out for my evening run to start the week off good.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Okay, it wasn't today; it was two days ago (after work). Tuesdays are track workouts (until the second week of June).

Two-mile jog to warm up.
Six x 100-meter strides; 400-meter jog.
12 x 300 with 100-meter walks to recover; 400-meter jog after sixth and 12th 300.
1 x 800.
Only had time and energy to jog a 400 to warm down. First good track workout in a while so it felt awkward, but it was good to use the faster gear for a change in my old legs.
Took yesterday off because I'm lazy. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Last night: Eight-mile tempo run with the gang. Easy-moderate effort for slow pace but did better than expected. Maybe I'm not as hopeless as I originally thought, but I've still got about 15 pounds to drop. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a ;thought/frame of mind: When you lack motivation, DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING, like Camel said, a few pushups/situps/etc. If you do'nt "feel" like a FULL THROTTLE workout today........start your workout anyway, thinking you'll just go through the motions, you'll be surprised at the "change of heart" you might have once you start,[;)] most of the time. Really, I've gone in thinking ,....Waaaaaaa.....todays workout is going to be a half-assed one, yet I finish most of the time surprised at the intensity that I actually used expecting much,much less of myself.FWIW~[:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When you lack motivation, DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING, like Camel said, a few pushups/situps/etc.
View Quote

So true.  I even have difficulty doing that, though some days damnit.  [:(]  

I wish I had someone to work out with at least one or two more days a week than I do now.  Otherwise I have serious motivational issues.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#12]
It doesn't matter out-of-shape or lousy you feel; doing it is better than not doing it.

Beautiful day here "in country" around Boston - clear skies and about 60F. My day: 3-mile run (first in about a month; I really need to pull the trigger on that baby jogger so maybe I get out of the house more) plus "push" workout (pushups, squats, shoulder press, calf raises, tri extensions). As an added bonus, at the end of the run I got to yell at some JROTC-lookin' kid who was walking down the street in his Class As with shirt untucked and tie loose. Man, that crap pisses me off!

Carry on!

JScott
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Saturday: 13 miles real slow, though it didn't feel easy (first longish run in months, uggh).

Sunday: 2 miles hard (legs tight from yesterday).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top